My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Hi sunflower lady yes everything is ok now my nephew burnt his hands with boiling water and because his mum cant speak fluent english i had to rush to be with them my brothers away on work so he wasnt here. But all good now nephews doing well. And im back on track today 100% xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad he's ok now!!!

Lauren - Enlightenme - Sunflower - when does the 10kg challenge start? Monday?

Just lay on the couch watching SKYFALL - been 100% today and done my 2.5l water - so going to go for another 1litre at least...

What you all doing?

Glad he's ok now!!!

Lauren - Enlightenme - Sunflower - when does the 10kg challenge start? Monday?

Just lay on the couch watching SKYFALL - been 100% today and done my 2.5l water - so going to go for another 1litre at least...

What you all doing?

Hey Jilly...good to see you're feeling relaxed and happy today :)...I'm sure the house is spick and span after your major spring cleaning! :)

Monday sounds good.
And my name is Lee-Ann, :)

And i have been doing work as it is quarter end and i am an accountant at a large American company. (American companies dont believe in public holidays)

Also still have my cold, but at least it is a cold now and no longer a cough... Taking Lemsip for it now, so hoping i will wake up all good tomorrow! (Wishful thinking!)

Tonight we are going round to a friends house for dinner... i told her to please not cook for me as i will bring my soup along!

Parents are visiting tomorrow, so we are taking the to a pub. Have already sussed the menu, so know i will be having a chicken salad! (So thats means 100% day today :) but not a 100% day tomorrow. :-(

Monday is fine with me :) getting weighed tonight but have moved next weeks weigh in to Wednesday due to a trip to London with the mother on Thursday where I will be eating lunch so don't want to get weighed the day after lol after that weigh ins will be every Friday :) I work in stones and pounds but will convert each weigh in to kgs :) x

Hi, I would also like to join the next challenge. How's at lbs is 10kg?

I'm in the 10kh challenge but is it possible loosing 2kg every week I'm new so I thought aftr second week weightloss wud slow down

If you mean how many pounds in 10kgs it's 22lbs so 1lb over 1.5st x

How long will the challenge be on for? I'm just worried I won't be able to keep up as I usually lose 3-4lbs a week

Mmmm.... maybe the challenge should be for 6 weeks then?

I have not been 100% today - but did drink all my water.... sux.

Not sure how long the challenge is for.

Had my weigh in this week and lost 1lb, bit disappointed but considering when I got on my scales yesterday morning after my mini binge I had put on 7lbs I can't really complain lol
X x

Mmmm.... maybe the challenge should be for 6 weeks then?

I have not been 100% today - but did drink all my water.... sux.

Six weeks would be realistic I think as 10kg is quite a bit especially if you are closer to target. Count me in :)

baked homemade brown bread to 'get back around food' again.it smells so yummy.lovely thoughts about munching into it but thoughts of actually doing it are what stops me.apart from finding it physically weird,i am staying strong on my mission.
first time baking/cooking since starting!dont know how u all have done it cooking for kids etc.hats off!
so another day of 100% on ss and water.how many days left on this mini challenge?

Good evening ladies! what a day, work was so crazy... i just can't believe the day i've had. I wasn't even supposed to be working :mad:
I wanted to reorganize things at home... and I was stuck in the office trying to detangle *****, I'm talking sneaky underhanded deeds...I now have such a headache! I don't think i had my water quota.
On a brighter note, I'm totally ready to do the challenge starting Monday... I need a kick in the butt.

Jillybeans - I'm Estelle... I'm 40....+1 - still can't wrap my head around this! So I am married - and have 2 kids (10 and 4) been with DH for 21 yrs. Time flies, I was 185lbs when we met, got sick - had a near death experience with my body turning on itself... Hit 400 lbs :eek:. Have been been between 200 and 215 for too long. I NEED to get to 180 this year; it'll be easier on my body for my running, and sports.

I saw my osteopath as I hurt myself last summer, and now he said that i need to lose a little weight and start strengthening my legs and thighs if I want to start running and training next month. SO now, I'm going for the 10kgs challenge and a squat challenge, I will increase by 5 everyday until I hit 250 squats, right before we start training.

5kg lost (11 lbs) 10 more kg to go!!! Yippeeeeeee!!! :)

Girls!!!!....I cannot hold this suspense any longer....Curiosity got the better of me today and I decided to check my weight. I am officially 5 kg down from the start of the mini challenge. Just 10 more kg to go to goal weight! I am SO thrilled and happy!! Yippeeeeeee!!! :wee:

Last edited:
Oh...and by the way..I have been contemplating for the last few days on whether to go ahead, and enjoy Easter or not. I have taken a conscious decision, to take a break, between Sunday evening 31st March to Monday evening 1st April. I know that it may not be the best decision, to break the diet so suddenly...but I really want to have a bit of fun, and enjoy myself on Easter, with my close friends and family. So I am taking this as a conscious and planned cheat. :)

I will be back on track with SS on Tuesday 2nd April 2013.

The current mini challenge ends on Sunday 31st March, 2013

The next mini challenge begins on 02nd April 2013. Everybody is welcome to hop on board. :)

Last edited:
I'm really struggling ladies. Hit a brick wall yesterday and just felt miserable and ended up talking myself out of the whole diet and eating crap. I really don't know what to do, I find this diet so hard from the social aspect but I have so much weight to lose I can't face the thought of it taking forever. My oh is so supportive and has put up with my chopping and changing all the time but it's hard for him cos I just can't make up my mind what to do. The first 4 days this time were no problem, I even went to a baby shower with loads of food and cakes etc on offer and wasn't tempted but then I hit day 5 and the cravings start. I really can't stand being this weight anymore

I'm really struggling ladies. Hit a brick wall yesterday and just felt miserable and ended up talking myself out of the whole diet and eating crap. I really don't know what to do, I find this diet so hard from the social aspect but I have so much weight to lose I can't face the thought of it taking forever. My oh is so supportive and has put up with my chopping and changing all the time but it's hard for him cos I just can't make up my mind what to do. The first 4 days this time were no problem, I even went to a baby shower with loads of food and cakes etc on offer and wasn't tempted but then I hit day 5 and the cravings start. I really can't stand being this weight anymore

it is such a hard thing that is very much so an individual decision.we are all here because we have all reached that decision.it may be on different levels but nonetheless we are here.
between us we have probably tried hundreds of diets hundreds of times! when you reach a decision thats the first step and you have by admitting you dont want to be ur size anymore!maybe write down the reasons why?this might focus your mind.all we can give you are tips to help but you need to make the choice.it took me 3yrs to finally get to a place where my head is ready.its never ever gonna be easy.its a mind game and a lot of work.
ive accepted that im going to socially miss out on things and ive come to a stage where i dont mind so much cause its all to change me and thats the most important thing in my life now.
so as im sure the other ladies have loads of tips too,i would advise on making a decision about putting yourself first and writing down why you want to do it.write down why your unhappy at this size and why you would be happier at a smaller size.ive said it before,but filling a notice board with words,pictures,anything you come across,that encourages you to go for your goal,is a great way to stay focused as your 'food devil' on ur bold shoulder cant erase that!!!
really hope this help?

Another 100% ss and 3 l water drink :)

Back