My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Day 4(8.4.13) 100% SS. 2.5ltrs water and 2 times round the site plus a few stairs thrown in! 3 icons for me!!!

But man was I hungry yesterday! I cried over my husbands dinner and told him I wanted to quit as I couldn't take staring at his dinner!!! He sent me to bed while he ate, tidied everything up then brought me back in to have my soup. I was still soooo hungry. :-O

Enlightenme lose 10kg lost wk 1-yes
Jillybeans lose 10kg lost 0kg
Laura swift lose 8.64kg lost 1.36kg
Sunflowerlady lose 10kg lost 0kg
Mammamia lose 10kg lost0kg

Good morning everyone! I get 2 smileys and a mermaid for yesterday! Thankx Slim for the chart It's really going to help me move forward in my weightloss aka stop the nibbles :)

dont know where i stand here.had weigh in yesterday and lost 4& 1/4 lbs.not sure of conversion???

Morning ladies

I was 100% (but no mermaid) on Sunday 7 April AND Monday 8 April.

Slim, I'm assuming thats meant to read 4 1/4lbs - (think thats 1.9kgs? - Enlighten??)
Who else can I show their 10kg loss's for?

Well done Lauren and Victoria on your 100% days - I know how hard it is to go to bed with your tummy growling, on those days its better to have the additional shake than to eat.

Kids back at school so life resumes to normal.

10kgs (22lbs) Challenge

10KG Challenge - 1 April 2013
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Total Lost
Enlightenme
loss
Jillybeans
1.7kg
Laura swift
1.36kg
Sunflowerlady
Lauren2244
Victoria1909
tuckinurbelly
1.93kg
Mammamia

Last edited:
dont know where i stand here.had weigh in yesterday and lost 4& 1/4 lbs.not sure of conversion???

There is 2.2lb to 1kg so your lose is 1.93kg. Well don't that's a great lose and motivator to keep going :)

Thanks for the conversion Laura - I know how to convert lbs, but not the 1/4! LOL! Have updated the chart accordingly...

PLS can u guys help me on this.......I'm very confused as to whether or not I shud have the chocolate bars....It is my 3rd week and I just love them but honestly I want to knw wud they effect my weightloss if I had them daily instead of milkshake ....,

Thanks for the conversion Laura - I know how to convert lbs, but not the 1/4! LOL! Have updated the chart accordingly...

Jilly, this is how fractional losses are calculated:

2.2lb= 1kg - (Equation A)

1 lb = 1/2.2 = 0.4545kg - (Equation B)

So, from Equation B: 1/4 lb = 0.4545kg X 1/4 = 0.4545/4 = 0.1136 kg - (Equation C)

And also from Equation B: 4 lb = 0.4545kg X 4 = 1.818 kg - (Equation D)

So 4 and 1/4 lb = 4lb +1/4lbs = 1.818 kg + 0.1136 kg = 1.9316 kg - ( From Equation C & D)

Hope this is clear, Jilly, in case you need to calculate other fractional losses like these. :)

Jilly, this is how fractional losses are calculated:

2.2lb= 1kg - (Equation A)

1 lb = 1/2.2 = 0.4545kg - (Equation B)

So, from Equation B: 1/4 lb = 0.4545kg X 1/4 = 0.4545/4 = 0.1136 kg - (Equation C)

And 4 lb = 0.4545 X 4 = 1.818 kg - (Equation D)

So 4 and 1/4 lb = 4lb +1/4lbs = 1.818 kg + 0.1136 kg = 1.9316 kg - ( From Equation C & D)

Hope this is clear, Jilly, in case you need to calculate other losses like these. :)

:confused: I think you can do the 1/2's and 1/4s..... I failed maths in school! :cry:

:confused: I think you can do the 1/2's and 1/4s..... I failed maths in school! :cry:

ok...no problem....I'll do them if needed...but anyway, I don't think there will be too many fractional losses! :)

And it's great to see that you have put up a chart for the 10kg mini challenge ! :)

PLS can u guys help me on this.......I'm very confused as to whether or not I shud have the chocolate bars....It is my 3rd week and I just love them but honestly I want to knw wud they effect my weightloss if I had them daily instead of milkshake ....,

Elaha since you are in your 3rd week, it is not a problem to introduce the bars into your diet. But make sure you do not have more than 1 a day, as it is higher in calories and more than one can take you out of ketosis. Some people find that their weight loss stalls when they start having the bars. And it is not as filling as the shakes or soups. So keep a close watch on your weight to see if the bars affect your losses and then decide how further you want to proceed...:)

What Slim said....

Plus, I heard/read that the bars are high/er in carbohydrates (as opposed to the shakes and soups), and so this may slow down your weight loss. What some ladies do is break it up into pieces, and have a PIECE at a time instead of a whole bar.

Hi I new in this site. I'm on day 9 of camberidge ad iv lost 9lbs! Problem is that I'm freezing cold and every time I drink water my body shivers! My mood is fouls and I'm very emotional. I'm no longer hungry but I wanted a bigger loss

Elaha since you are in your 3rd week, it is not a problem to introduce the bars into your diet. But make sure you do not have more than 1 a day, as it is higher in calories and more than one can take you out of ketosis. Some people find that their weight loss stalls when they start having the bars. And it is not as filling as the shakes or soups. So keep a close watch on your weight to see if the bars affect your losses and then decide how further you want to proceed...:)
Elaha, many people have bars daily no problem (including myself), you have to make sure you drink extra water though!! otherwise, you may have probs in the evacuation dept :rolleyes:

Hi I new in this site. I'm on day 9 of camberidge ad iv lost 9lbs! Problem is that I'm freezing cold and every time I drink water my body shivers! My mood is fouls and I'm very emotional. I'm no longer hungry but I wanted a bigger loss

Welcome Jadecurtis and congrats on your 9lb loss! Yes you will feel cold - thermogenics are thrown off when you are at such low cals. However, weightloss is great. Drink your water at room temp (some people think it's gross - but I do so coz I have sensible teeth). Also, that's why I love the vegetable soup, I make them in about 1l of water, helps get the water down - think bouillon) :D

No remedy for foul mood or emotions - sorry, you just stick to it, the results will soon bring a smile to your face!

Hi Jadecurtis and welcome to the site!

Everything that Enlightenme said, and the moods... I can relate! I was horrendous the first 2 weeks! My poor kids (and neighbours!).... but it will settle down in a couple of days.... its your body suffering withdrawels, and once you are more settled into the routine of the diet, your emotions will calm down a bit. Hang in there ! 9lbs in the first week is brilliant - why are you disappointed in your loss?

Keep the water intake up.

Morning ladies

I was 100% (but no mermaid) on Sunday 7 April AND Monday 8 April.

Slim, I'm assuming thats meant to read 4 1/4lbs - (think thats 1.9kgs? - Enlighten??)
Who else can I show their 10kg loss's for?

Well done Lauren and Victoria on your 100% days - I know how hard it is to go to bed with your tummy growling, on those days its better to have the additional shake than to eat.

Kids back at school so life resumes to normal.

Hey jillybeans.that was my post not slims and yeah sorry that was meant to say 4 & 1/4lbs!!

Back