My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

MINI CHALLENGE 2 (14 Days) - Start Date(Day 1) : Friday, 05th April, 2013 End Date(Day 14): Thursday, 18th April 2013.

Hi girls.

I have made a summarized table of the 14 day mini challenge for us to view our progress at a quick glance. It is pretty simple to understand. The green smiley:D means that we have followed the SS 100% and the yellow smiley :) means that we have followed the water intake 100%. If any smiley is missing it means we have not followed that part of the challenge 100%. Hope this table is simple and clear to everyone! I will also be updating this table at the end of each day. :)

Green smiley:D = SS done 100%
Yellow Smiley:) = Water intake of 2.5L done 100%
Dancing Mermaid:mermaid:= 30 minutes of gentle walking done -This is optional ...but don't you want to look hot like the mermaid??? ;)

Please do not forget to update us for each and every single day of the mini challenge, no matter how your day went. You may update at the end of each day or the next day in the morning. Kindly mention the day (example: Day 2) and date (eg. 06th April, 2013) as well so that it is easier for me to keep track, especially as we are all in different time zones.

I will give an example below for more clarity:

Day 3 - April 07th, 2013 - 100% on all three counts

Also, I am sorry to say that anybody who does not update us for two consecutive times in a row, will be automatically removed from the group. I am hoping all of us in this group will be there right till the end of the mini challenge and there will be no drop offs! :D...So here's to wishing all of us a FABULOUS success and fabulous weight losses!! Hope your day is going well so far!!!
:)

Day 14 of this Mini Challenge will be Thursday April 18th, 2013.... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
:D :) :mermaid:

DAY 10 - Sunday, 14th April, 2013

SlimGorgeous
Me
Sunflower
Lady

Enlighten
me2

Lauren

Mickster
Tuckinur
belly

Elaha
Frau
Frau

DAY 1
:D
:mermaid:

DAY 2

DAY 3
DAY 4

DAY 5

------

DAY 6

DAY 7

??
DAY 8

DAY 9

DAY 10

DAY 11
DAY 12
Day 13
Day 14

Last edited:
Day 10, 14th April 2013 - 100 % for me on SS and water, no mermaid

Enlightenme how did your day go? Please let me know?

And Tuckinurbelly you are the only one with a mermaid! I was feeling too lazy to exercise yesterday...did go out with friends and had a great time....

Lauren, you did a great thing by removing the batteries on the scale. Serial weighing is really difficult to control, unless the weighing machine is not there at all! I have also stored the weighing machine in a suitcase which is really difficult to get as it is placed very far under the bed...wouldn't go to the trouble of going in that far to take the suitcase and then take out the weighing machine! But it is well worth it when you see big losses. :)

Well done Mickster! You are now back on track! So proud of you! Keep rocking!! :)

Jilly, hope everything is going well for you! :D

Elaha, I know the feeling of watching everyone feast on delicious food while not having any. believe me...it will get better once you have completed one whole week of SS with no cheating. Once you break past that difficult phase you will be on a roll...and nothing and nobody can tempt you to eat! Just be patient...and wait for the best part to happen! I am telling you this because I am there right now...and believe me, it really is a wonderful sense of euphoria and well being, that beats the taste of delicious food! :)

Morning beautiful and slimmer ladies

I hope today and this week is good for you all - dieting is not for the feint hearted! I'm struggling to stick to my quota of food and had a slip up last night as eating makes me more hungry! I had extra chicken!

I plan on being 100% the rest of the week as I am interested to see my loss's compared to SS.

Its autumn here - leaves dropping and blimmin' cold in the mornings.... Winter is for soups and stews... but not for me this winter. Gonna be hard. Dont know how you ladies in the northern hemisphere cope with the cold and only having shakes!!!:23:

Last edited:
Its autumn here - leaves dropping and blimmin' cold in the mornings.... Winter is for soups and stews... but not for me this winter. Gonna be hard. Dont know how you ladies in the northern hemisphere cope with the cold and only having shakes!!!
Losses on SS+ are basically the same, give or take 300g! it's not Step 2... you'll see how you fare on it! Esp with you doing just 3 shakes instead of 4, if you stick to the food, it comes out to EXACTLY what you would have had calorie-wise with 4 shakes!!
I hear ya on the shakes though!! even in summer i don't usually do them! BRRR, hurts my teeth just thinking about it!!

My weigh-in was a loss, I tried to guess from er face, but she wasn't having it, so i don't know if it's big or not! Not feeling a difference in my pant waist...hmmm but i'm sticking to CD 100% this week

10KG Challenge - 1 April 2013Week 1Week 2Week 3Week 4Week 5Week 6Total Lost
Enlightenmelossloss loss
Jillybeans1.7kg1.9kg 3.6kg
Sunflowerlady1.7kg1.6kg 3.3kg
Lauren22441.8kg 1.8kg
tuckinurbelly1.9kg 1.9kg

Enlighten, I dont know how you dont want to know what you've lost....LOL... It would be driving me CRRRRAAAZY! But you're doing so well! When WILL you find out what you've lost? So am I understanding this correct (without having my CD book with me) - Step 2 is the same calories as SS on 4 shakes a day?? No - cant be. (thinking out loud here) as 4 shakes is 584 calories/day - Step 2 is 3 x shakes (438) plus a 200 calorie meal.... Mmmm... need to research this.

Well done Sunflower! I've updated my chart accordingly and taken out those that are not participating anymore....

Nope. Just gone onto the link Lily provided and Step 2 is 810 calories which is basically, nearly DOUBLE what I've been consuming for 10 weeks!!:eek:

Just out of interest, what does it say on your packs for calories? Mine says each pack is 146kcal... I'm really struggling to get to the CD site's calories if a pack is 146 calories x 3 = 438 which means my "protein rich" meal is 372 calories....(if I'm consuming 810 per day that is)...

Ah, edited to add that I've read your post now Jilly and you're referring to being put on Step 2 - that's 810. Losses on 810 are also pretty good - again, it only makes a difference in weight loss of just over half a pound a week compared to SS. Some people never do anything but 810 for the whole of their Cambridge journey and do brilliantly well. :clap:

Thanks Lily for clarification - its just that I'm still quite far from goal and wondered about my losses on 810(step 2) - I'm not having the 200ml skimmed milk yet, and so wondering if this may help the losses - also, I'm not eating the full reccomended food (too scared) and then some days stuffing up on it totally............................sigh...............THIS IS SO HARD!

Thanks Lily for clarification - its just that I'm still quite far from goal and wondered about my losses on 810(step 2) - I'm not having the 200ml skimmed milk yet, and so wondering if this may help the losses - also, I'm not eating the full reccomended food (too scared) and then some days stuffing up on it totally............................sigh...............THIS IS SO HARD!

Jillybeans, there is no reason to be scared. I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to be truthful here... I'm not sure your CDC is quite up to snuff with facts! In the first place, she should have had you on SS+ since you could only afford 3 shakes - not b*tch you out when you had the odd egg here and there!! SS+ is essentially the same, you lose weight just as fast, it's also with people who can't cut food out completely (evening meal with fam, business lunches etc) - doing 3 shakes instead of 4 may have slowed down your metabolism so much you may gain a little on 810...
My advice, because you have such a ways to go, switch to SS+ until you hit BMI of 25 then go up to 810! Otherwise, you may feel discouraged and throw in the towel..; who wants to do CD and gain weight?

15th April 100% ss and water :)

Today was so hard, had two weeks off work for the Easter holidays and getting bk into my routine was difficult to say the least! Felt hungry as the gaps between my shakes were longer but have made it through the day :) x

MINI CHALLENGE 2 (14 Days) - Start Date(Day 1) : Friday, 05th April, 2013 End Date(Day 14): Thursday, 18th April 2013.

Hi girls.

I have made a summarized table of the 14 day mini challenge for us to view our progress at a quick glance. It is pretty simple to understand. The green smiley:D means that we have followed the SS 100% and the yellow smiley :) means that we have followed the water intake 100%. If any smiley is missing it means we have not followed that part of the challenge 100%. Hope this table is simple and clear to everyone! I will also be updating this table at the end of each day. :)

Green smiley:D = SS done 100%
Yellow Smiley:) = Water intake of 2.5L done 100%
Dancing Mermaid:mermaid:= 30 minutes of gentle walking done -This is optional ...but don't you want to look hot like the mermaid??? ;)

Please do not forget to update us for each and every single day of the mini challenge, no matter how your day went. You may update at the end of each day or the next day in the morning. Kindly mention the day (example: Day 2) and date (eg. 06th April, 2013) as well so that it is easier for me to keep track, especially as we are all in different time zones.

I will give an example below for more clarity:

Day 3 - April 07th, 2013 - 100% on all three counts

Also, I am sorry to say that anybody who does not update us for two consecutive times in a row, will be automatically removed from the group. I am hoping all of us in this group will be there right till the end of the mini challenge and there will be no drop offs! :D...So here's to wishing all of us a FABULOUS success and fabulous weight losses!! Hope your day is going well so far!!!

Day 14 of this Mini Challenge will be Thursday April 18th, 2013.... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
:D :) :mermaid:

DAY 11 - Monday, 15th April, 2013

SlimGorgeous
Me
Sunflower
Lady

Enlighten
me2

Lauren

Mickster
Tuckinur
belly

Elaha
Frau
Frau

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3
DAY 4

DAY 5

------

DAY 6

DAY 7

??
DAY 8

DAY 9

DAY 10

DAY 11
??????:D

???
DAY 12
Day 13
Day 14

Day 11 - 15th April 2013 - 100 % for me on all three counts.

Mickster, Elaha and Tuckinurbelly how did your day go? Please let me know?

And girls....I have to say this.... You have really come a very long way! WELL DONE!!! I am SO proud of us!!

I have decided that I am not going to give a break between this challenge and the next mini challenge...so I may as well inform it in advance....

The next mini challenge is a 13 day mini challenge and will begin on Friday April 19th, 2013 and end on Wednesday May 1st, 2013.

All those who are interested in joining are welcome to hop aboard! This time I will be including those members who plan to do SS+ as well.

Please put your name below the last person who has joined.

Please note: If you are going to be doing SS+, you will have to specifically mention it, when you write down your name for this challenge.

eg: Emma - (SS+)

All the others who do not mention anything at the start of the challenge will be assumed to be on SS, and you will have to follow the plan of SS 100% accordingly.

Since I want to see us all to complete what we started, I want you to be 100% sure that you will be able to complete this challenge. There may be some good days and some bad days...But the important thing is to keep accountability of each day. Because in taking accountability of our actions, we are helping ourselves get a clear picture of our progress, and make changes to our lifestyle if needed. This is the only way to move forward. For that reason, it does no good to anyone, if we drop out and not finish what we have started. So please be 100% to making sure that you will see yourself through the entire mini challenge, no matter how good or bad your day is.

All the other factors like exercise and water intake will remain the same as in the previous mini challenges.

I will start by putting my name first:

SlimGorgeousMe
SunflowerLady

(Please put your name below. Please remember to mention SS+ if you are going to be doing the same. If nothing is mentioned, it will be assumed that you are following SS only).

Last edited:
I will join the next challenge slim.

Trying to be SS all the way to 14 may as 15 may is hubby's birthday, so will eat then. :)

Back