Extra Easy My 1st day of sw on extra easy...

x_kerry_x

Here's my diary for today... How's it looking?

Breakfast: 2x poached eggs
2x quorn sausages (2)
Plum tomatoes
2x wholemeal bread (1 heb the other 4 I think-left diary at BF's !! )
Light flora spread 28g (5)

Snack: apple, orange, mullet light yog

Lunch: cheese n broccoli pasta n sauce (1/2)
Extra broccoli

Dinner: jacket spud, beans and bacon with fat taken off!

How's that looking?? Any help is appreciated!

Feel majorly bloated!!

Looking good, the only thing I can see is you've had no superfree with dinner, welcome to the club :)

Oh I had lettuce with the dinner too... Is this a super food?? The whole super speed and speed food confused me.. Not even sure if that right lol... Isn't beans a super or speed food thing?? Ahh soo confusing!

Beans is a superspeed.
I'd concentrate on the superfree for the 1st few weeks whilst u get your head round it. It'l seem less confusing that way.

superspeed are more helpful to boost weightloss which shouldn't be a problem at the start xx

Superfree are most fruit and non starchy veg x

Last edited:
Oh I had lettuce with the dinner too... Is this a super food?? The whole super speed and speed food confused me.. Not even sure if that right lol... Isn't beans a super or speed food thing?? Ahh soo confusing!

Lettuce is Superfree yes. Beans are not, they are SuperSpeedy which just means they are more satisfying/filling for a relatively low-calorie item.
The main thing you need to remember is 1/3 of every meal must be superfree, which is most fruit & veg except starchy things like potatoes, parsnips, yams. Beans, peas & pulses like sweetcorn etc are not superfree.

So basically your dinner needs to be 1/3 superfree, I dont think a bit of lettuce would be enough tbh, but its hard to say without seeing your plate.
Similarly breakfast youve got a bit of tomato and lunch is a bit of broccoli which is OK but tbh you should be having a bit more.
The point of the Superfree is reduce the amount of higher-calorie Free stuff you eat, ie less egg/sausages/toast etc and more mushroom, tomatoes, fried onions or whatever.

Oh I had mushrooms
For brekkie too... Memory like a siv lol. I'll focus on more veg/salad then hopefully I'll get the hang of it xx first stop tomoro morn.... Asda!!

Oh I had mushrooms
For brekkie too... Memory like a siv lol. I'll focus on more veg/salad then hopefully I'll get the hang of it xx first stop tomoro morn.... Asda!!

Ha ha, sounds good then! :D Yeah youll be fine :)

Yeah it's superfree you want. I always try to aim for more than 1/3 of a plate.

Just make sure you have a good helping of salad or veg with every meal or add it into curries etc.

I have about 7 or 8 portions of fruit and veg a day to get to my one third super free per meal, then probably two more portions of fruit as snacks. Means I can have bigger portions then!

The superfree is important it whats stops us all from stuffing our faces.. As others have said superfree is pretty much all fruit and veg minus potatoes beans peas and corn. I find personally the easiest way to make sure i have my superfree is to have freezer bags of veg like carrots, turnips runner beans etc. You can get them pre bagged and frozen from tescos etc. Stick them in the microwave for three minutes or so, and scoop onto your plate. I also find when i am cooking if there is any way to squeese in mushrooms and onions (which are both superfree) into the meal. For example for your dinner you could have chopped up an entire onion and four or five mushrooms and put them in with the bacon when frying.

Beautifullily said:
I have about 7 or 8 portions of fruit and veg a day to get to my one third super free per meal, then probably two more portions of fruit as snacks. Means I can have bigger portions then!

This defeats the whole purpose of extra easy and how it works... The super free foods are supposed to be on your plate so you have smaller portions of everything else....

No it doesnt! :eek: As d14 says the WHOLE POINT in 1/3 superfree is to reduce the amount of the higher-calorie Free food like meat and carbs! It is not an eat-it-as-well-as rule!

No it doesnt! :eek: As d14 says the WHOLE POINT in 1/3 superfree is to reduce the amount of the higher-calorie Free food like meat and carbs! It is not an eat-it-as-well-as rule!

OK, so I was being slightly tongue in cheek there, but of course it hasn't come across like that and I'm sorry if it was misleading. I actually weigh the carbs I have with my meals (rice and pasta) and never have more than 60 - 75g, the recommended weight on the packet.

Back