Diary of an ex calorie counter

Hi all, relatively new to the forum but a long time lurker!

Started slimming world 1 week ago, I previously lost 3 stone on calorie counting/5:2 diet however unfortunately I became a bit obsessed by the numbers and counting and went too far the other way! So gave myself a year or so to sort my head out, gained a stone, and now looking to get back down but healthily without having anything to count!

Start weight: 10st1
Current weight:9st13
Goal weight:8st13

Going to try and be consistent with a food diary!
I follow a mix of red/green/extra easy and weigh at home on a tues or weds.

Today: (RED DAY)
Breakfast - Melon, raspberries, pineapple, pomegranate with fat free yogurt
Lunch - Salad with grated carrot, beetroot, peppers, spiced turkey, tomatoes
Dinner - Tomato chicken with mushrooms, green beans and butternut squash.
Snacks - Alpen light x2 (HEXB1), babybel light (HEXA1), other HEXB2 to be decided!
Syns - Skinny iced coffee (4.5syns)

Let the losing begin!

Sooo had a potato as HEXB yesterday instead of the butternut, 2 syns of ketchup (making total of 6.5 for the day) and had cereal and milk for final healthy extras.

Today: Green day
Breakfast - FF yog, mango, blueberries, raspberries
Lunch - Pasta, broccoli, green beans, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms
Dinner - Baked potato, beans, green beans

Snack - Alpen light bars (HEXB1) Banana, Babybel light (HEXA1)

Also trying to drink 2-3 litres of water a day which really helps, plus one black coffee and green/mint tea as and when needed.

Please point out if Im doing anything wong :)

Sceptical thoughts now - I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday and had put on 1.5lbs! I had 1 off plan meal a few days ago but apart from that I have been 100% on plan, lots of fruit, veg. The only things I'm thinking are whether slimming world actually works when you don't have that much to lose? Or I haven't been 100% with having the 2 HEX A and B's a day as I struggle to fit it in. Also struggle to get my syns above 5 really as I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry? Possibly will try fitting in more speed foods...? Or calorie counting what I am eating for a few days just to make sure I'm not overeating?

If anyone has any advice it would be massively appreciated.

So yesterday I had an iced coffee for 4.5syns, only managed 1 HEX A (babybel lights) and 1 HEX B (28g alpen).

Todays plan:
Breakfast - Activia fat free yog, pineapple, grapes, melon
Lunch - Salad of spinach, kale, leaves, grated carrot and beetroot
Dinner - Pork chops, roasted butternut squash, broccoli.
Snacks - Babybel light (HEXA1), Alpen bars (HEXB1), grapefruit, banana
No idea on syns as yet, possibly ketchup....?

Don't know how I could eat any better really - HELP!

I'm assuming you're doing a different plan to me with the Green days and Red days? But it all looks pretty good to me. My mom said when she did it (Extra Easy) if she had any more than 6 syns a day she didn't lose anything. But she didn't have much to lose and she had weeks where she lost 0.5lb and weeks where she lost 2.5lb, but her diet was much the same! So who knows. So far I'm finding it's working for me with more than 6 syns a day, but I guess you just have to figure out what's best for your body. Keep going, I'm sure it will all work out in the end!

Hi Heather - yes I am doing the old plans rather than extra easy as I like having limitations on how much carb I eat. Might try and up my syns if I can and see if that makes a difference. Also going to buy some dried fruit for HEXB!

Back