My 1st day on Lipotrim

glitterati

Today is my first day of LT. Had been reading up on it a lot recently and even though my parents and boyfriend were down on it and telling me to just eat healthily (like I don't know that!) I decided to just go for it and give it a go, mainly from seeing all the inspirational weight loss on this forum! I really hope I lose as much as you guys have been as it's simply amazing! My weight gets me down and I have been an overweight comfort eater since I was a child so I really want this to change my life. So far the day has gone fine, apart from the hassle of trying to mix up a shake at work with minimum people seeing me doing it! lol Put it in my flask while in the bathroom and left a lot of white powder around the sinks - Hope they don't think someone at work has a bad drug habit! lol

Main thing I am worrying about regarding this diet is the reports of bad breath! I have bought the original listerine mouthwash as recommended by the pharmacist as apparently other flavours can interfere with ketosis but I haven't been able to find the listerine strips people have mentioned anywhere. Does anyone know where you can get them from?

I think I will be using this forum a lot to get through this diet, it seems like such a great support system :)

Welcome Glitterati, and good luck with your first week xx Karen xx

Hiya Glitterati - love the name and the drug problem!
Don't worry too much about the breath issue - not everybody suffers from it and the strips are great. I get mine from Day Lewis if that's any help.
I suppose you can't blame your parents and bf for not being sure of TFR. I wasn't until I researched it properly. My doctor suggested LT for me which usually reassures my family and it helps that it's monitored by pharmacy. Maybe you could just say to them that you need a break from food for a couple of weeks just to get your head together and just quietly stick with it! I hate it when some prat suggests just eating healthily. You can't reason with them cos your emotional response is so strong and their ignorance of the problem so huge!
I wish you all the best this week, babe, and hope you achieve your goal and change your life. x

Hiya! welcome :)

Well I have the breath strips called nuphar, got them thru my pharmacy when they gave me my pack.. tbh I dont have the breath issue unless I have just had a shake. I find they are good for refreshing my mouth as I find this eases of the hunger feeling for a little longer... this has got much less as the week has gone on.
I was warned that its very up and down in your first couple of weeks and I completely underestimated this.. I got to ketosis a doddle, have been out and done really well but have hit a brick wall today, once day before weigh-in... I am emotional, physically wrecked and feel yuk! So my advice from experience would be to expect the worst at some point, I thought I had sailed it but it hit me in the face!! I am dealing with it and will move on tmw when its a new day!

good luck! :) xx

Thanks for your replies all of you, great to hear from your experiences and gives me some idea of what to expect!

Weirdly I wasn't really that hungry this evening which is crazy considering that usually as soon as I get in from work I'm starving and raid the fridge! I just made myself a chicken soup anyway, at first I was pleasantly suprised and liked it, but after a few spoonfuls I decided it was actually vile and had to chuck it! I have 2 other chicken soups in my bag for the week and was wondering if you think the pharmacy will let me swap them back for shakes? No way I can eat them!

Thanks about the breath strip ideas, I may have to order some now. Hopefully I wont get it too bad as I already have a breath paranoia thing even though I don't have bad breath!

Oh I also have another question about those Ketostix things, anyone know where you can get those from? I have seen them online but would rather just get them from a shop to save on postage :-D

You should be able to swap the chkn soup sachets. I took some back and exchanged them no problem x

The thing about other diets is the fact that we have to think about food and decide what or what not to buy/eat, it's more than we can cope with if we are happy/stressed. On Lipotrim you just open the packet three times a day and add water and lose weight, on this site everyone understands you and are non-judgemental, when you are hungry come to this site. Good luck!!!

I'm restarting tomorrow.. Been low carbing since mon to get my body ready... Wish me luck please ! I keep trying and failing... Only a stone to lose ... Lost two last time and maintained it since nov.... But it's harder ... Much harder... When been used to food again.. X

glitterati said:
Today is my first day of LT. Had been reading up on it a lot recently and even though my parents and boyfriend were down on it and telling me to just eat healthily (like I don't know that!) I decided to just go for it and give it a go, mainly from seeing all the inspirational weight loss on this forum! I really hope I lose as much as you guys have been as it's simply amazing! My weight gets me down and I have been an overweight comfort eater since I was a child so I really want this to change my life. So far the day has gone fine, apart from the hassle of trying to mix up a shake at work with minimum people seeing me doing it! lol Put it in my flask while in the bathroom and left a lot of white powder around the sinks - Hope they don't think someone at work has a bad drug habit! lol

Main thing I am worrying about regarding this diet is the reports of bad breath! I have bought the original listerine mouthwash as recommended by the pharmacist as apparently other flavours can interfere with ketosis but I haven't been able to find the listerine strips people have mentioned anywhere. Does anyone know where you can get them from?

I think I will be using this forum a lot to get through this diet, it seems like such a great support system :)

Maybe we could buddy up :) x

Good luck.

Thanks everyone, I've found the second day quite hard as seem to have been bombarded with temptations today and was in a seriously bad mood, and as a comfort eater I am so used to consoling myself in food so I really had to fight the urge to scoff! I think this diet might really do me some good when I come off it, it does really make you think about if you actually need to eat or not.

Thanks sigourney - good luck and well done for your previous weightloss! If you've done it before and lost double that I'm sure you will find it a breeze when you get back into it again as you know for yourself that it really works! How long did it take you to lose 2st? That is great about buddying up, how do we go about it?

glitterati said:
Thanks everyone, I've found the second day quite hard as seem to have been bombarded with temptations today and was in a seriously bad mood, and as a comfort eater I am so used to consoling myself in food so I really had to fight the urge to scoff! I think this diet might really do me some good when I come off it, it does really make you think about if you actually need to eat or not.

Thanks sigourney - good luck and well done for your previous weightloss! If you've done it before and lost double that I'm sure you will find it a breeze when you get back into it again as you know for yourself that it really works! How long did it take you to lose 2st? That is great about buddying up, how do we go about it?

Buddy up.... Mm don't know I guess message privately if it's a one on one chat... Or we could start a thread and both blog daily about how it's gone... I'm new to this too...I think lots would appreciate knowing how people cope mentally... Because this dieting lark is hard... Your elated one minute and deflated the next... To be honest lots of threads just have three or four people on kind of checking in and chatting...and most go off on a tangent... Buts that's women for ya hey :) x

Back