My 2015 foody feast - 2st to lever off!

Hi Maria here to subscribe x

Hi there Nickynoo, welcome!

I spent today constantly on my feet doing the usual cooking, clearing up as well as something a bit more physical in the form of making a start on the garage, which was filling up with junk. We did a couple of tip runs which involved humping a load of stuff around and I am feeling a bit weak now....

Today's food:
B - Turkey rashers, beans, grilled tomato, poached egg, 2 slices WW bread, cup of tea (sounds like a builder's brekkie!!)
L - 2 x crumpets with banana and cinnamon, cup of tea
Snacks - Clementines, tea with skimmed milk
D - Roast pork (fat cut off), carrots, cabbage, broccoli, gravy, 2 big roasties.
Later - will probably have 0% greek yogurt and fruit cocktail with a skinny latte.

I know I will have used up some weeklies on the roast but I still have 49 left as i am saving them for tomorrow's anniversary meal. I will just have to try to limit the damage tomorrow night. The only problem is, husband wants to go for an Indian, the worst thing ever, so I will ring ahead tomorrow and see what low fat stuff they can do. They are very accommodating.

Hope you have a lovely meal tomorrow wherever you go. Could you not have the dried like tikka meat I doubt that would be a lot but I dunno. I like all the creamy stuff which isn't good lol xx

Thanks for the tips ladies. I can feel a plan forming....
I am aiming to avoid all the fried starters and go for either a tandoori style chicken which I think is just spices or a tomato based chicken or veg curry.
I won't be drinking (just diet coke) and will skip dessert as Indian desserts are not usually the best.
If they do coffee and mints I will just have them.
Damage limitation!!

Your food diary looks fab. I have just started Filling and Healthy today so great to get some food ideas and inspiration :)

I will catch up with all my unread posts later today but first I had best update the food diary.

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary and despite trying to persuade the Husband to go to the cinema, he insisted on eating out - and a curry at that. I limited what I had for most of the day and I looked at the menu in advance. I also did a PP day so that I have some of my day's allowance to use as well as all of my weeklies.

B - Cup of coffee and a banana (3pp for skimmed milk all day)
L - Roast pork sandwich (Pork 2pp, WW bread 3pp, Mustard 0), WW tomato and basil soup (2pp) apple, clementines, coffee all day with skimmed milk

I used 10pp so had 16pp towards my meal out:
D - 1 poppadum with chutneys, Fish tikka (salmon with a spice rub) with salad and yogurt, chicken and garlic curry (about 2/3 portion, boiled rice 1/2 portion), dry edges of a Naan (about 1/10), 3 glasses of diet coke. No dessert as I planned to have a coffee with a couple of after eights when I got home.

Afterwards it went a bit wrong. I had about 5 after eights and about 1/4 bar of dairy crunch. I realise I have to stay off the sugary products as it just kicks of my sweet cravings.

As I had 16pp plus weeklies of 40pp to use, I think I am safely within limit (hopefully I am not deluding myself) and will now aim to be spot on the rest of the week until WI on Thursday.

Yesterday was a bit tricky because I had to miss breakfast due to work issues, which threw me out for the rest of the day:

B - Cup of coffee (was planning to eat at work)
L - WW Chicken hotpot (7), Steam bag of spinach sweetcorn & peas (guesstimate 2),
Snacks - Apple, pear, clementine, coffee with skimmed milk all day (3)
D - 3 thick crumpets (guesstimate 9), banana and cinnamon and skinny latte (2)
NAUGHY - Remains of half a bar of dairy crunch, which is about 250 cals so I have guesstimated (10)

This takes me over by about 7 pp today and it is all because I was too hungry when I got home and didn't have a meal ready.
Lesson learned!!

I can't do F&H today either so this is how today is lining up:

B - Skinny latte (2) & banana
L - WW crustless quiche (7) with salad and olives (1), grapes and blueberries
Snack - pear and apple plus skimmed milk in coffee all day (3)
D - Chicken breast (4), marinated in FF natuarl yogurt (1), garlic, chilli and tandoori spices with brown rice (5) and tomato and onion salad. Afterwards, FF greek yogurt (1) with fruit cocktail.

This will leave me with 2pp to play with. Perhaps I will use it on extra chicken tonight, to fill me up.

Thanks ladies. Today is another PP day:

B - Porridge (4) with half skimmed milk, half water (1), blueberries
L - WW bread (3), ham (1), salad, dijon mustard. WW tomato and basil soup (2). Small bunch of grapes.
D - Chicken rubbed with harissa paste and pan fried (4), pitta bread (5), chunky salad, olives (1).
Snacks - Apple, small banana, persimmon, skimmed milk for tea and coffee (3)

This will leave me with 2pp left. Last night I used these by having more chicken and rice and didn't bother with the yogurt and fruit. I may well have that tonight instead or perhaps a skinny latte.

Oh and it was WI today. Despite the anniversary curry and the naughty chocolate, I still managed to lose 4lb. Even though I know week 1 is often a lot of water, I don't care - I will take that 4lb. So chuffed!

That's a fantastic loss hun well done you xx

Oh and it was WI today. Despite the anniversary curry and the naughty chocolate, I still managed to lose 4lb. Even though I know week 1 is often a lot of water, I don't care - I will take that 4lb. So chuffed!

That's fantastic news! well done hun x

Back