ProPoints My 5 week, 1 stone challenge!!

Thanks, I just hope I lose more next week!! I'm so impatient. It's funny because I was on sw before and never had the big losses in the first two weeks like with ww but my loss every week was always 2lb, sometimes 3lb. I do prefer the flexibility of ww though and am finding it easier to stick to. I never had 3 weeks of being 100% on sw!!

I agree that the flexibility of WW is fab, I don't feel like I have to be a social leper whilst on plan! X

I felt the same on sw, I could never go out for meals. Plus when I wanted to buy lunch I was buying packs of chicken and stuff because it was so difficult. I had a sandwich today from Tesco (a Tesco own one) and the pp value was on it as 7pp. But on my calculator it came out as 6pp. So either they are wrong or my calculator is!!

For the first time today in 3 weeks, I am ravenous. I just want to eat. Normally this only happens before totm but it isn't that time!! I've no idea why but I just want to eat. I am up to 26pp and not even had my tea yet :-/ I am going to be seriously eating into the weeklies today... I have also had a bit of a breakout on my jawline. This normally happens when I start a diet but this time it has taken three weeks. Hubby has gone to the shop so have asked him to get me some lemons so hopefully can get back on the hot water and lemon tonight......fingers crossed it helps things along. I have some lovely mars bar milkshakes in the fridge which I love......they are calling my name but I looked at the calories and they will be about 8 or 9 pp for one bottle. That is like a whole meal and to think I used to drink them all the time...blimey!

I felt the same on sw, I could never go out for meals. Plus when I wanted to buy lunch I was buying packs of chicken and stuff because it was so difficult. I had a sandwich today from Tesco (a Tesco own one) and the pp value was on it as 7pp. But on my calculator it came out as 6pp. So either they are wrong or my calculator is!!

For the first time today in 3 weeks, I am ravenous. I just want to eat. Normally this only happens before totm but it isn't that time!! I've no idea why but I just want to eat. I am up to 26pp and not even had my tea yet :-/ I am going to be seriously eating into the weeklies today... I have also had a bit of a breakout on my jawline. This normally happens when I start a diet but this time it has taken three weeks. Hubby has gone to the shop so have asked him to get me some lemons so hopefully can get back on the hot water and lemon tonight......fingers crossed it helps things along. I have some lovely mars bar milkshakes in the fridge which I love......they are calling my name but I looked at the calories and they will be about 8 or 9 pp for one bottle. That is like a whole meal and to think I used to drink them all the time...blimey!

Are you sure you are not thirsty? Normally ravenous hunger which isn't associated with TOTM can be linked to thirst, maybe try a big glass of water and see how u feel 30mins after that? Your sarnie sounds like a PP 'bargain' I always find the shop bought veggie ones to be extremely high so avoid them at all costs! If you find you are struggling later on this evening but don't want to use any more PP, just send me a message on here and I will keep u company. X

I agree with the above post, sometimes you feel hungry when you are actually thirsty. Try doing something else like taking a walk, having a bath, brush your teeth.
Good luck babe xx

Thanks both of you. I have used 17 of my weeklies today!! Feeling a bit of a failure and ate loads of grapes which came to about 300 kcals worth. I know they are point free but they are quite high in calories still if you eat lots so I feel I've messed up. I took both your advice and have drunk lots. I know I don't drink enough so am really going to make an effort. xx

Thanks both of you. I have used 17 of my weeklies today!! Feeling a bit of a failure and ate loads of grapes which came to about 300 kcals worth. I know they are point free but they are quite high in calories still if you eat lots so I feel I've messed up. I took both your advice and have drunk lots. I know I don't drink enough so am really going to make an effort. xx

Just draw a line under today, tomorrow is a fresh start and technically you have only used just over a third of your Weeklies, you could of used all of them! PS-Make sure you drink enough water tomorrow, ill be checking up on you ;-) x

Thanks for your support :) started the day with hot water and lemon and trying to remember to drink. I'm so busy rushing around all day that I often forget to drink.

Tuesday

Crackerbread and choc phili (3pp)
Egg cress sandwich (7pp)
30g choc phili pot (2pp)
pistachios (1pp)
ham, new potatoes, egg and salad (7pp)
pistachios (5pp)

25pp

Last edited:

I also had lots of my weeklies last night, all on chocolate! But I use them as my safety net because I know at some point during the week I will want to binge.

Draw a line a carry on :)
You're doing so well xx

You are not a failure. I have like 30 weeklies in one day sometimes, but as long as you count and fit it into your weeklies its not a bad thing.
It is better to have a ton of grapes than have a ton of choco. I really doubt you had 300kcals worth, it mustve seemed like more than it was. Chin up xxx

Aw thanks guys you've made me feel so much better. I have been much healthier today and had a lovely salad for tea. Feeling more positive again and my little mini aim is to see single figures after the 10 stone when I wi on Sunday. So that means I can weigh in at 10stone 9.5lb max hehe!!!

Enjoyed reading your thread :) hope you don't mind ... A little advice pet ... You will have days like that !!! We all do ... It's only natural. I have learned the only way to get to goal is to accept bad days or gains and move on :) xx your doing fantastic so you should be proud of that and don't dwell on what you feel was bad. Your still within your points so chin up and carry on ... Because you have done nothing wrong x

Aw thanks guys you've made me feel so much better. I have been much healthier today and had a lovely salad for tea. Feeling more positive again and my little mini aim is to see single figures after the 10 stone when I wi on Sunday. So that means I can weigh in at 10stone 9.5lb max hehe!!!

Good to hear you're feeling much more positive today, you can do this! X

Good to hear you're feeling much more positive today, you can do this! X

Enjoyed reading your thread :) hope you don't mind ... A little advice pet ... You will have days like that !!! We all do ... It's only natural. I have learned the only way to get to goal is to accept bad days or gains and move on :) xx your doing fantastic so you should be proud of that and don't dwell on what you feel was bad. Your still within your points so chin up and carry on ... Because you have done nothing wrong x

Thanks hun. I'm so much better for it too. Pleased to have you reading, will have to check out your diary :)

I will def come and subscribe aishling. Today I am thinking ahead as a week on Saturday I have a wedding to go to. I haven't bought my outfit yet because part of me is hoping I might just lose a few more inches by then. I think next week I'll have to buy something, at the start of my ww journey, just over three weeks ago I was 11 stone 5.5. I set myself the challenge of losing a stone in the 5 week run up to the wedding. I only have Sunday WI and next week I'm moving WI early to Friday which is the day before the wedding. I don't think I'll quite make the stone but hopefully shouldn't be too far off.

I am current considering how to plan my pp on the day. There will be an arrival drink, the meal is a roast and dessert is choc cake. Plus wine with the meal, the evening buffet and drinks. I have no idea how to point it so wondering if I should just allocate all 49 weeklies to the day, try and not go too mad and finish the week on just dailies? Living in Cornwall, the evening spread is likely to contain a lot of pasties etc lol!! I would like to enjoy myself as a reward really as I would've had no alcohol in 5 weeks. I will be revising my target weight afterwards because ideally I would like to be 9 stone 7 which seemed impossible before but now I'm on plan I've realised it's perfectly possible.

Awe bless ya :) well I think your fantastic .... Yes we all deserve a treat and to break out every now and then ... It's perfectly ok and that's why I love ww !! You may or may not reach your target but think of it this way... All those pounds you have lost? On the run up to the wedding go to the supermarket and put that amount of pounds of sausages into a basket and you will be absolutely blown away and so proud that you won't want to ruin it on the day xx
Ya I think it's a good idea to mind your 49 for that day and you will also have your daily points on top of that?? So you will be just fine xx a roast dinner is very low Hun , there are 4-5 glasses of wine in a bottle so that amount count 20p, choc cake prob 10-15pp , buffet later should be easy to count also xx you will do great, then when you wake up, draw a line and back to your daily ;)
Before you try on an outfit I got a pull in vest from Dunnes stores and it was amazing !! No clips or anything and it stays down :) doesn't roll haha xx good luck xx have a great day with choices... Maybe try and plan the day before so when you get home after appointments you have something prepared and pointed x

I am glad to hear that hon. I hope you make your goal on Sunday ;). Try a lot of water, working out and eating right. Tends to do the trick for me.

I will def come and subscribe aishling. Today I am thinking ahead as a week on Saturday I have a wedding to go to. I haven't bought my outfit yet because part of me is hoping I might just lose a few more inches by then. I think next week I'll have to buy something, at the start of my ww journey, just over three weeks ago I was 11 stone 5.5. I set myself the challenge of losing a stone in the 5 week run up to the wedding. I only have Sunday WI and next week I'm moving WI early to Friday which is the day before the wedding. I don't think I'll quite make the stone but hopefully shouldn't be too far off.

I am current considering how to plan my pp on the day. There will be an arrival drink, the meal is a roast and dessert is choc cake. Plus wine with the meal, the evening buffet and drinks. I have no idea how to point it so wondering if I should just allocate all 49 weeklies to the day, try and not go too mad and finish the week on just dailies? Living in Cornwall, the evening spread is likely to contain a lot of pasties etc lol!! I would like to enjoy myself as a reward really as I would've had no alcohol in 5 weeks. I will be revising my target weight afterwards because ideally I would like to be 9 stone 7 which seemed impossible before but now I'm on plan I've realised it's perfectly possible.

Hello Sweetie, I think you are doing fantastically well and I agree with the previous comments that you can still 100% enjoy your day, just be a little bit sensible with your choices.

If you're dishing up your own roast then make sure you get plenty of 0pp veggies, if its dished for you, just trim off the excess fat on the meat and away you go, normally if they dish it up they don't dish a huge portion anyway!

With regards to wine, it's basically a flat 20pp a bottle so just relax and enjoy, maybe if you don't want to drink more than a bottle you could alternate with soft drinks or make every drink a spritzer?

With regards to the buffet, don't sit too close so you aren't tempted to go back or pick, get plenty of 0pp crudités and avoid the 'manmade' party things, for example get a chicken leg rather than a chicken nugget etc. Real food tends to be lower in PP and compliments the crudités better.

We are all here for you Sweetie. X

Thanks guys for your kind words and advice. I think I might be a bit of a lightweight when it comes to drinking by then so I think alternating between alcohol and soft drinks is a really good idea. If I think about the 49 weeklies plus my 26pp that is about 3000 kcals which I think should quite happily cover me for the day if I try and make good choices.

Wednesday

Breakfast and lunch were crackebreads, choc Phili, ham (10pp)
Jacket potato, beans and salad (10pp)
cherries
breakfast biscuits (6pp)

26pp

I thought I'd use my last 6pp on the breakfast biscuits in the evening! I wanted a snack and something sweet but decided that this might fill be up a little more than choccy and it has.

Going to Costa tomorrow so deciding what drink to have :) I quite often go for a skinny mocha or an iced cappuccino as they are both lower in points but we will see...

Last edited:
Back