My amazing husband DID IT

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
He beat cancer!

For those of you that remember me, I just wanted to pop back to minimins and update you with our fantastic news.

My fit healthy non-smoking 38 year old husband was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in his nasal cavity last October. The tumor was huge and went all the way back into his head. Because he was so fit and healthy the wonderful clever people at The Christie were able to be very aggressive in their treatment and after scans, tests, radiotherapy and surgery, finally on Friday we went to Christies and were told his bloods/urine and a good old look up there showed it had all gone.

My man is an utter inspiration- he went to work every day through horrible radiotherapy and never once allowed himself to get angry, bitter, self-pitying or not believe he would win (better than I did! I went through all that but only when he wasn't looking). I have always adored my husband, but have a new found respect for his strength of character and determination to absolutely succeed- he is truly insiring

I am in awe of the medical profession and the general ethos of The Christie in Manchester. I am also so incredibly grateful to anyone who ever raised money for cancer research/macmillan nurses or similar as your contribution really does make a difference to the life of normal people.

Just wanted to share the fantastic news, as I know many of you asked me to keep you updated- well, (to mis-quote Greg off masterchef):

"It doesn't get better than this"

This is FABULOUS! Congrats to you both, amazing news. Put a huge smile on my face, and i don't even know you!! What absolute wonderful, heart-warming news.
& if anyone was going to help you through it, it was christies. they are amazing.

Congrats again!

*wipes tears away*

WOW that is amazing news, your love for your husband shines through, wishing you both a happy future together:bighug:

:bliss::bliss::wow::wow::grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096::happy096::happy096:

That is the best thing I have heard in a long time.

I remember you well and have wondered about you both often.

Thank you for letting us know.

Please give your amazing, wonderful hubby abig, big hug from me.

I am thrilled for you both.

Wishing you a long and idylic life together !!!!

Truely inspiring.
Congratulations and I hope you have a long and happy life together!!

Amazing news for you!

How wonderful :)

That is just the most fantastic news!! You must have been to hell and back over the last year and to hear this now is wonderful. Many congratulations to you both xx

Thats fantastic news, it's nice to hear good news stories like this with all the doom and gloom stories arround us in the world... it brings life back into perspective.

Good luck for the future.

I don't know you but read your post and felt your joy. I am so happy for you and wanted to reiterate the point about raising money for cancer charities especially Macmillan and Marie Curie. I have recently had dealings with Marie Curie and their contribution is so great I cannot begin to explain. It is totally funded by charitable donations too. I know there are always demands on us and money is tight but just wanted to sing their praises.

Now you can move forward and enjoy life again.x

Back