My Baby Diary!

rebecca1608

Well as you may have noticed, I have been hanging around her for a while. Reading all about how everyone is doing, but very very sparce when posting.

So i decided I want to try to loose if I can, but mainly STS between now and the end of my pregnancy. I'm currentl 26 weeks today!!! and I think i have been fooling myself into thinking i hadnt gained much!

A bit about me: over the last few years I have been up and down with SW and Rosemary conley! doing well on both, then loosing the plot. I lost nearly 2 stone the last time, but then my nan died suddenly and i lost it! Slowley it crept back on. In december, i had put on at least 1 stone of it, and thats when i fell pregnant.

So i dont officially know what i was when i started, but I know i was 18 stone exactly for most of Jan and Feb, when I was back at Rosy C (my consultant wanted me to STS), i'm now 18.12!!!!!!!!! and not happy about it! - I need to get back into the swing of it and as i said above try to STS.

Any help, tips, advise you have would be greatly appreciated.

From tomorrow I will start writing my food here and lets see what happens.

Thanks everyone.

Spent the last few days working out when to start maternity leave and what to do with the 20 days holiday i have to take before i go?

What has everyone else done?

I've spread two weeks out in odd days before I go on maternity leave, then I leave two weeks before baby is due and then I've put two weeks holiday in just before I come back to bump up my first pay for when I go back x

I've spread two weeks out in odd days before I go on maternity leave, then I leave two weeks before baby is due and then I've put two weeks holiday in just before I come back to bump up my first pay for when I go back x

thats kinda what i'm planning, i have to use all 20 days or i will loose them, so current plan is 1 maternity to start 1 week before due, with 2,3 or 4 day weeks from now till then!! Seems crazy as I dont feel i need it all and my boss really wants me at work (nice boss, who is petrefied of loosing me!!) so I may have the chance to be paid 5-10 days. fingers crossed.

Are you defo allowed to start maternity a week before due date? I was told I had to leave by two weeks before due date. I've also been having 2,3 and day weeks it's great. This week I'm 3 days, next 4 days, if week after 3 days I think then 4 days then 1 full week then a 3 day week then maternity leave he he x

Yep its fine, work have accepted my dates without even questioning it.

I have an office job so nothing to strenuious, where do you work>

Where you live? mabye its a county thing.

I have no idea, someone told me it depends on the type of company you work for so maybe that lol. I'm in Northumberland. Although now I'm working til 2 weeks before I'm due I think x

Maybe it is a company thing, to be honest if my place had their way I would be there till the day i pop and then back the day after.

There is a little bit of panic going on with my maternity leave, its weird, but nice to be needed.

How long do you have now?

Yeah my manager asked me to come in for the 3 days I had booked as holiday, I haven't given him an answer yet, I'm going to if I can but I can't promise I'll be able to manage it with my spd etc. If I do go in I've got another 5 weeks at work, so I'm finishing two weeks before I'm due. Although it's not unlikely baby will be here by then, so they'll have to make provisions x

Good luck hunni I started writing my diary I'm 31 weeks girls r lovley in here

Good luck hunni I started writing my diary I'm 31 weeks girls r lovley in here

Thanks

Got some good news today from work. I have 26 days holiday i need to take before maternity leave. With everything going on at work and the fack i'm feeling really good at the moment. I asked what would happen with the leave if i didnt take it. First reaction was i could carry forward 5 days, but anything else would be lost!! well carrying forward would give me the same issue next year.

Boss spoke to his boss and they are will to make an exception for me and pay me 13 days! i've fit 13 days leave in working 3/4 day weeks.

I'm sooo happy as i hadnt thought this through, but means i will get another 1/2 months salary when i leave.

Sorry had to tell someone, as not aloud to mention it at work.

That sounds good hun, my boss is quite good like that too. The way my hols and things have worked out with pay. Glad your getting a few days back though

my boss would only lets us take two weeks off at a time si from jan to jumene i have had to take 5.6weeks hols which is a full years.she would only let me take two weeks before im due and with being a hairdresser on my feet all day i didnt think i could last that long so i have took two weeks hol and started maternity leave two weeks before due so i have a month off.
i am so glad i have done this as i fin on sat and im sooo tired wish id have took it earlier.
its hard isnt it because everyone wants all their time off afterwards with baby

my boss would only lets us take two weeks off at a time si from jan to jumene i have had to take 5.6weeks hols which is a full years.she would only let me take two weeks before im due and with being a hairdresser on my feet all day i didnt think i could last that long so i have took two weeks hol and started maternity leave two weeks before due so i have a month off.
i am so glad i have done this as i fin on sat and im sooo tired wish id have took it earlier.
its hard isnt it because everyone wants all their time off afterwards with baby

Its really hard, i keep thinking i want as much time as possible after, and dont want to be 'sitting around waiting' cos i know i will be a nightmare!! thankfully work are great so if i'm tired i can sit quietly (i'm lucky not to be on feet all day).

How have you found it, you must go home exausted being on your feet all the time

Arrr becca i would find it so hard on my feet at 35 weeks too I'm sitting down all day so working untill 38 weeks I'm
Having her at 39 weeks we not got long us girls have we x

I'm not aloud to work after 36 weeks without the Drs permission! I'm a support worker for people with learning difficulties and I think it's because of all the risks I.e being hit, clients falling and having seizures, long hours etc also we are supposed to drive their cars but depending on how big bump is depends on if I can drive lol.

Luckily I get my new years annual leave on June 20th so I've taken holidays for 5 weeks from 23rd of July to 26th of August and then my mat leave starts on the 27th and I'm due the 28th lol, I still have 9 days holiday to take when I go back to work which I need to take between may 25th and June 19th because then I get ... New holidays woo! I timed it well lol :D

X x x

Back