TS AAM My big fat wedding (diet)

Vickyray

Diet started 2 days ago. After ordering the monthly bumper pack! Have tried shakes, bars and soup! Love everything except the soups, they taste like what I imagine baby sick would taste if u were to try it. Yuck. Yesterday the hunger pangs were bad and headache all day, however today felt much better and headache is improving. Have so far been very good drinking only water and peppermint tea all day. So far no weight loss but I don't think I'm in ketosis yet. Have ordered some ketostix to check. Will post first weigh in tomorrow.

Really hoping this works as only 5 months till wedding!!

Vickyray said:
Diet started 2 days ago. After ordering the monthly bumper pack! Have tried shakes, bars and soup! Love everything except the soups, they taste like what I imagine baby sick would taste if u were to try it. Yuck. Yesterday the hunger pangs were bad and headache all day, however today felt much better and headache is improving. Have so far been very good drinking only water and peppermint tea all day. So far no weight loss but I don't think I'm in ketosis yet. Have ordered some ketostix to check. Will post first weigh in tomorrow.

Really hoping this works as only 5 months till wedding!!

Congratulations on getting through the first few days, and funnily enough things that you don't like this week will taste better next week!
Good luck x

Thank you!

Had a weigh in this morning - 4 pounds lost! Really chuffed!

Had the tomato and basil soup today for lunch and that was ok actually! Maybe I am getting used to it. Had to force it down still as hunger has completely left the building.

I think ketosis must have kicked in now!

Well done 4lbs is great!

Ok day 6 now, was feeling very much like I really missed eating real food especially yesterday when all I wanted was a nice meal with my fiance! It wAs worth it this morning when another pound dropped off this morning. So since Saturday I've lost a pound each day! Grand total of 9lbs and haven't even finished week one! If it keeps up at a pound a day I'll be target by Easter! Headaces have completely gone now and am feeling pretty good, never really getting hungry. Bought 100 ketostix from amazon and was impressed to see that I am in full burning ketosis, so that was something else that made me feel chuffed.

Drinking loads of water, sometimes I get a bit paranoid I've drunk too much. Probably drinking about 3litres throughout the day but am not including the cups of peppermint tea and 1 cup of bouillon . I always drink it in small cups though and minimum 20 minute intervals.

Can't wait to visit my mum at the weekend so she can see the difference!!

Day before week one weigh in! Looking forward to tomorrow! Only lost .2 of a lbs yesterday, but I think that is because I skipped the dog walk! Today I only drank water, no flavored treats and did dog walk as well as 20 minutes on dance central on xbox with weights on. Hopefully that should pay off tomorrow!

Finding the diet quite easy in terms of no hunger! Just miss actual food in my mouth but I keep telling myself it will all be worth it in 5 months at our wedding.

Nubby to be is being really supportive at the mo, buy not looking forward to our holiday at Easter because I know it's going to be so hard to resist a drink!!

X

Hiya. I had my weigh in this morning and I've lost a total of 10.5lb! Very pleased. Hopefully I can keep it up at 1lb every 2 days which would be fab! I have a week off next week so will make sure I step up the exercise! Thank you everyone for the support! I'm finding it really helpful knowing I'm not the only one!!

Ok, been good as gold since I started this diet and in 4 days I've not lost anything after my initial 10lb Have only been eating 3 meal replacements a day and 3litres of water. No peppermint tea, no bouillon , or allowed treats like coke zero! I have exercised each day and even joined the gym. Nothing.

Starting to feel a bit disheartened as I need to lose 3.5 pounds by Thursday to keep to my goal. I know everyone goes through this but the skinny person inside me is getting annoyed that the fat one won't let her out!!

You do just have to stick with it Vicky. Chances are it will fall off overnight. I know when I was doing Exante I quite often didnt lose anything for days and then it just disappeared so hang on in there.

Thanks jo, I think I had a bad grumpy day or something and not like a woman at all... Over reacted a bit!! 2 pounds have come off this morning so back to being positive.

Ordered myself a almost 1 stone treat and got a waterproof mp3 player for swimming!

X

Hey Vicky, just found this thread and wanted to say 'hi' as I'm also dieting for my wedding on June 10th! When is yours - you mention 5 months.

How is your planning going? We're pretty much all sorted in terms of plans, but I just need to get into my dress. Have you got a dress chosen? Well done on the weight loss.

Hi liz

My wedding is on the 1st of august, so I have a little bit longer. I was meant to start my diet over a year ago but kept putting it off and off, my sister and mum have been nagging me for ages to sort out a dress but I didn't want to go to a bridal shop and feel horrible when they only had size 8 and 10 in the samples. So my mum ordered one from bhs (size 18) it wouldn't fit at all! Had a massive reality check and I was straight on exante! Want to get down to a size 10/12 before wedding. I have a appointment at a plus size bridal shop but don't want to commit to buying a size that will be a lot smaller in a few months. I might pick a style and then get somewhere in china to make it up in 28 days, someone has recommend a place. So it's a bit of a nightmare really! Have you ordered one in the size you want to be then?

Other than that the plans are ok, I'm getting married in turkey so someone does all the hard work for me, thankfully as I'm a laid back bride!

Hope your exante diet is going well, how long have u been on it and how much lost so far??

Vicky

Hey Vicky, I feel your pain about dress shopping, as I went when I was a stone heavier than now. There were a lot of size 16/18s though so I had my pic of ones to try on - think some shops are better than others for stocking a range of sizes.

I wouldn't worry too much about the size 18 being too small, in that wedding dresses often come up a size smaller. My dress is bought in the UK, but an american brand and it's a size 12, but nearer to size 10 in measurements.

I found my dress online, fell in love with it, but nowhere stocked it. A lovely shop near me ordered it in for me as the wanted a lace sample dress anyway, but as soon as I saw it I said I'd take it. So just have to get into it now!
Started properly on Friday, but had been low carbing that week, so lost a lot of the water then. I lost about 4 stone on Cambridge 2 years ago though and it only took 3 months, so I'm feeling optimistic :)

Wedding abroad sounds lovely! We're getting married in the UK and I'm pretty laid back - the only thing I've been stressed about is the weight and hopefully that's under control.

You have plenty of time, so I'm sure you'll do it - we'll have to spur each other on.

Ok so 2 weeks in, was a bit naughty yesterday because I was so hungry after swimming for 2 hours!! Had a chicken salad and omlette! Even after that I have managed to shed 4.5lb this week! So well on target to my 10 stone wedding!!

Going to fully commit to two weeks of TS, then look g forward to adding some meals!

Well done Vicky! 10 stone here we come ;)

Keep having the odd chart, tin of tuna last night, a piece of chicken today. Then again all I've had today is Half a bar and a shake.

Ive found a new way to spend my time, Internet shopping! I bought a bamix blender and today whipped up my chic shake a froze it for a bit! When I took it out it was froze on top and the bottom had turned into a big yummy goop! Took me ages to eat it and felt so full after!

Will be making that again tomorrow!

Back