• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

My blender smells..

S: 18st0lb C: 17st6lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st8lb(3.17%)
I have an electric blender only boughtit november last year when i started cd cost me like £30 ..

and the plastic jug smells of offish ?

i wash it every time i use it, and i leave the lid of it when not in use?

any ideas? am gutted... putting me offf my shakes knowing it may be infested with e coli or something lol.. :eek:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LizDesigns

Silver Member
S: 17st1lb C: 15st4lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 34.5 Loss: 1st11lb(10.46%)
I had the same problem. I've now changed to using a hand blender as the smell really worried me.

GaynorEm

Proper Little Madam
Fill your blender with water, add two tea spoons of bicarbonate of soda and leave over night. Rinse out the next day and the smells should be gone...bicarb is a fantastic for nasty niffs...and it cleans rather than covers bad smells.

Gaynor x

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
S: 15st3lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 1st6lb(9.39%)
Mine always goes in the dish washer ... but I have to remember to leave it to dry properly if I'm not using it.

I put hot water and lemons in and woosh it around ... rinse out with more warm water and that's normally enough.

Don't forget to unscrew the blade unit - my hubby washed up the other night and didn't take it apart and I had to go behind him and wash it up properly.