My blog

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by creashor, 5 September 2007 Social URL.

1. creashor

creashor Member

I've never done a blog before, but as I embark upon this journey I thought I'd share a few thoughts with anyone that's interested.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

MsJMC likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    As you watch your fellow passengers board the plane and walk down the aisle towards you. Its then that you see him. You all know who I am talking about, the fat guy who is sweating and wheezing towards you and is having to walk sort of sideways for fear of breaking everyone's shoulders.
    Just got to that bit so far , hey you do have a sense of humour hehe

4. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Hiya Nick,
    just wishing you all the best for the start of your journey to your new life :p

Read your blog, a very heartfelt first entry :) You can do it matey - go for it :D

5. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Your blog was great nick .
    I was going to join LL in April but it was the medical at 95 pounds , plus on top was 65 a week for LL , so had to rethink , i then found this site Nick , and i then went to CD cos people say its the same stuff . or something like that , well CD was costing me 35 a week now 36 a week on 21 packs a week , plus alot of people change from LL to CD they say cost and more choice on CD . Anyone argree ?
    Well i wish you the best of luck , and keep coming on here nick , be good to see how you are going !

6. NEW&IMPROVEDJACKIE!

NEW&IMPROVEDJACKIE! New Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Hello I read your blog and really understand how you feel. I am a woman of 5ft 9ins and am 19 stone, i didnt feel i looked too bad until i had to look through some photos recently. i feel wretched, and just not like everyone else. they seem to be able to treat food differently to me and actually enjoy exercise. anyway the reason for my writing is to tell you about my lighter life short experience, i am on the plan, i lost 11 lbs in the first week but then went on holiday, i returned on monday and am back on it. i just hope i have not regained any of the amazing 11lbs i lost first week. i wont say its easy because its your mind that you have to control not the food you buy/eat/cook but honestly once you are in ketocis you are not hungry just a bit bored really! afterall food took up a lot of of my social life. headaches, lightheadedness and tiredness are all your bedfellows for the first 3 days and i would stay stick with it, i feel like im not really here today as im on day 2. let me know how you get on. im pleased you have supportive family my husband and daughters really help me.:)

Geri likes this.
  7. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Nick, welcome to the lighter lifers, and good luck! I am on LL myself, as is my hubb't friend, he has gone from 23 stone to 28 stone in 12 weeks, and is amazed and delighted at the results.

Start getting that water down you!!:eek:

8. Musical Missy

Musical Missy Full Member

lol! I so hope you got that the wrong way round Greenochgal! That would make LL the worst diet in the world - your husbands friend going from 23 stone to 28 stone in 12 weeks!

MM x

9. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Ha, ha, me and my (not so chubby now!) fingers! I meant 18 stone - whoops!!!

:whoopass::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

10. janetljones

janetljones Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st7lb
    Current Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(18.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nick

Good luck with your LL journey. You and I weigh in at a similar amount, although being female I'm sure I have more to lose!
    Your blog is great and I can truly emphasise, other cringe making experiences are the request for the extension belt, and the fear that I won't fit into those o so snug toilets:eek:

There is lots of support on here and you are determined to do it for all the right reasons. The first few days are difficult, but provided you accept that and work through it, it does get better.
    Good luck Nick and I'll check back to see how you are doing.

JJ

11. creashor

creashor Member

The seat belt...

Hi Janet,

Yep the seat belt request is a shocker. I fly very regulary and one of the things that worried me was that I had started to harden up to the embarressment of asking for it. A bad sign. How long before "er, excuse me, do you have a couple of extension belts...". And as for the toilets, well let's just say that joing the mile high club with anyone other than myself would have resulted in at least suffocation and probably worse.

Good luck!

Nick

12. creashor

creashor Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Cheers

Nick

13. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    Good luck Nick,
    It really works! And once you get over the first few days you will be fine, just keep remembering why you are doing it!! Best thing I have done for myself in a very long time and I am looking forward to being able to run about with my nieces for longer than 5 mins without getting puffed out!!!

14. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Love the blog, I'll add it to my faves and keep checking it.

You'll be so glad you joined LL, I'd add it to the list of one of the best things I've ever done - don't regret it one iota...... and being male you're going to lose your weight all the more quickly ... you'll soon be on the slide with the kids!

Good luck

Cath

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.