My body and what I put in it has obviously changed.............

stivesliz

Gold Member
WE had friends around last night and had planned on having fish and chips with them.

I had known this since last week, so kept my syns down as much as possible and ordered fish, chips and mushy peas. There was also wine......

Well I ate about 2/3 of my meal and had 2 small glasses of wine and have spent most of the night sat up in bed thinking I was going to be sick. I wasn't but this morning I feel horrendous. There was nothing wrong with the meal, everyone else is ok, it's obviously me! Too much oil and batter I think.

It's made me think that before my weight loss journey not only would I have eaten all the fish and chips, I would have probably polished off a family size bar of chocolate too and would have definitely drunk all the wine.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a way to go yet, but it just goes to show how much our body gets used to not having junk and I seem to recall that pre SW I would get up most mornings feeling lethargic, bloated and generally unwell. So it's definitely not how we look but how we feel and I have written this post to remind myself to make wiser choices next time x

Depending on where there from I can't eat chips from the chippy now, I'm fine with some but some are just too greasy and I end up being sick with them.

It's weird how your body adapts to different foods isn't it

I had some home made chips in a pub around Easter time when away with my mum, my mum and her friend were raving about them so I thought I'd be naughty and try them (I'd saved some syns for going away) but I really didn't enjoy them. Fry light ones are much nicer!

stivesliz said:
It certainly is. I LOVE chips, but I have to say, my frylite ones are equallly as delicious.

12 hours later I feel like I haven't digested them yet lol.

I agree I think home made SW chips are way better and I've started making these for the whole family who love them too. So steak night at home is much better. Have to say I've snuck a few SW recipes in and family haven't noticed. In fact my OH will sometimes nick stuff I've prepared for me and seems to enjoy it. I do think your body gets used to the healthier stuff and your palate changes again. What I know from past experience though, is that it's all to easy to "retrain" back into unhealthy ways and I don't want that this time!

See I like SW chips but I had an flexisyn meal recently at Primos Hotdogs (groupon thing) and you got french fries with it and they were beautiful, possibly the best chips I'd ever had. not greasy at all, just crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle. I know that I'll have them again (flexi syn) otherwise though I don't miss the normal ones. I never ate fish & chips as a meal anyway, I was more chip butty with curry sauce and scraps... I had that in December as a birthday treat and though it tasted good it didn't sit well afterwards at all!

Dont get me wrong, it's not the first time I have had naughties - I have them quite often but the last couple of times.....yuk.

Last week at our monthly book group meeting ( there is always food! ) everyone had brought cakes etc and as I hadn't had dinner I ate quite a few creamy sugary things and the next day my head felt it was going to explode!

It's not nice, but I used to have stuff like this so often. I'm no angel now, but my body must have got used to the healthier stuff. x

Oh aye, no I do agree Liz - when I think of what I consider 'naughty' now and then relate back to what I would put in my body - I mean I usually have more than my 5 a day now, but I probably didnt get 5 A WEEK before with the processed frozen stuff and rubbish I ate - I certainly can't handle it. I would eat B&J's tubs of icecream in one sitting and wonder why I was ill but do it again a few days later -after begining to eat heathily my body properly rejects lactose now, I'm full on intolerant, it's amazing how your body adapts as well as your tastes!

My favourite eatery is Larwood & Voce in Nottm and they do amazing chips cooked in dripping with a pork belly sandwich which is to die for but since joining SW I just couldn't bring myself to eat it knowing how many syns it would be and that I would really regret eating them.

GedlingRed said:
My favourite eatery is Larwood & Voce in Nottm and they do amazing chips cooked in dripping with a pork belly sandwich which is to die for but since joining SW I just couldn't bring myself to eat it knowing how many syns it would be and that I would really regret eating them.

:-o tell me about it!! They have another one in burton Joyce. Mmmmm

I can completely relate to this thread!! I've been on SW for 4weeks now and already I have seen a huge difference in my eating habits. I used to be able to eat my own and polish off the rest of everyone else's left overs. Now I can barely manage my own portion! I also have the same notion with greasy/fried food. I can't tolerate it anymore. Anything greasy makes me feel very queasy! Even fried chips! SW chips always win for me - hands down :)

I always forget how bad I was pre slimming world, I count being naughty now as something I would have done before plus some.

My mum bought me a danish yesterday to share with my boyfriend and I worked it out at 16 - 20 syns, so I cut it in half and as other half didn't want any I had half yesterday and will have half tomorrow (counting 10 syns a half just to be safe) if I'd eaten it all I would have said how naughty I'd been. But before slimming world I would have had the whole thing and a naughty meal and some crisps and some chocolate!!!! and that would have just been a normal day not a naughty day!!

I have to say I'm glad I only had half as well, I could have eaten the other half but I didn't need it, half was plenty and if I'd had the other half I don't think I would have enjoyed it.

hmmm - no doesn't work for me lol! I can scoff chips as well as the rest of em! Haha Seriously though I imagine I could, although I don't choose to, I had chips with the family the other week, but we had a small portion between the 3 of us, they were amazing yummy-ness, but a third was enough.

I find I do want these things but can't manage more than a small amount (apart from wine, can still manage loads of that!!) I still get the cravings for stuff, but find a happy meal fills me up at mcD's rather than the huge big mac I used to have - and still be hungry.

I also feel that my tastes have changed that I automatically choose items that I wouldn't of done before - so unfotunately my body hasn't attapted enough to punish me, the guilt is enough on its own! But my taste buds have and therefore when I am "bad" i'm not "bad" like I would of been before.

In some perverse way i wish i would feel bad after binging or even just eating junk food. But unfortunately, my stomach seems to be made of cast iron!

it's so true. after a week or two having something greasy makes me feel so queasy. thin friend used to say 'oh i dont like chips/chocolate' and i thought they were just being pious and enjoyed making me feel like a greedy piggy but actually i guess they just mean it! problem is i find it only last the first time. i had 2/3 weeks off the SW wagon recently and after the first 'urgh, that wasn't as nice as i remember' i get right back in the swing of it. scary, i thought i was being nice to myself having treat days so i wouldn't miss stuff but actually every time i do it makes me more likely to cheat a bit the next day and before you know it i'm just lazing about eating rubbish. so i'm going to try and have different non food treats. thought i'd genuinely made real changes but so so easy to slip backwards. no exercise for 2 weeks either, downward spiral so easy to fall into.

it's so true. after a week or two having something greasy makes me feel so queasy. thin friend used to say 'oh i dont like chips/chocolate' and i thought they were just being pious and enjoyed making me feel like a greedy piggy but actually i guess they just mean it! problem is i find it only last the first time. i had 2/3 weeks off the SW wagon recently and after the first 'urgh, that wasn't as nice as i remember' i get right back in the swing of it. scary, i thought i was being nice to myself having treat days so i wouldn't miss stuff but actually every time i do it makes me more likely to cheat a bit the next day and before you know it i'm just lazing about eating rubbish. so i'm going to try and have different non food treats. thought i'd genuinely made real changes but so so easy to slip backwards. no exercise for 2 weeks either, downward spiral so easy to fall into.

That's a very good point. I do that and it isn't retraining me at all, is it?

Deffo relate to what being 'bad' now is compared to what 'bad' was before.

Before, it was normal for me to have chips with my meal or eat a whole tub of pringles with dips and then chocolate, however I had a small handful of chips with a pub meal yesterday and I felt GUILTY! They were yummy though.
I would go to tesco for lunch and buy a sandwich (20 syns?) crisps (7 syns?) a chocolate bar (12 syns?) and that was normal for me! Now I wouldnt dreaaam of doing that. I dont think Ill ever eat a supermarket made sandwich again! xx

Sw really has changed us all! My perception of bad is sooo different to what it was before, and the guilt I suffer from being 'bad' is not worth it let alone the sick feeling!

Out of interest does anyone have any 'naughty food dreams' ...keep it clean guys!
I do, all the time, for example 2 nights ago I dreamt I had a Chinese and some prawn crackers. The guilt in the dream and the fear of gaining was horrendous and even when I woke up it took me a while to assure myself (looking at food diary from the previous day lol!) that I hadn't had a Chinese! It's mental!

Sw really has changed us all! My perception of bad is sooo different to what it was before, and the guilt I suffer from being 'bad' is not worth it let alone the sick feeling!

Out of interest does anyone have any 'naughty food dreams' ...keep it clean guys!
I do, all the time, for example 2 nights ago I dreamt I had a Chinese and some prawn crackers. The guilt in the dream and the fear of gaining was horrendous and even when I woke up it took me a while to assure myself (looking at food diary from the previous day lol!) that I hadn't had a Chinese! It's mental!

yes, mine involved Jude Law and a box of ferrero rocher.............woops, sorry jenna, you said to keep it clean LOL!

But bizarrely enough, I do often dream that I have eaten something really naughty and when I wake up I think ''oh why did I do that?'' and then I relaise I haven't!

And even more bizarrely, I never seem to dream about chomping on a lettuce leaf ha ha ha. x

I can relate to this today! Was my birthday yesterday and decided to give myself the evening off plan as we were going out for dinner, hadn't decided where and it was going to be a last minute decision as I was working late so no time to plan for flexi syns etc. Went to giraffe and I had exactly what I had last time I was there, including pudding and a strawberry cider and it was lovely. This morning however I felt so sick like I had only just finished eating and haven't been able to manage breakfast as I feel so queasy! Body has obv got used to minimal rich food! Will bear this in mind next time and maybe have a lighter meal if I want a pudding or vice versa!

Back