My body is more disgusting than ever

chele80

On a mission
I've never actually been bothered by my body with clothes off, despite being overweight for so long. And losing weight /gaining weight/losing weight/gaining weight never really changed my opinion.

Until now!

I had my little boy via emergency c-section 7 months ago and now my true body is coming to light. (I only put on 11lbs during pregnancy :D but it's completely changed the shape of my stomach). I am left with a massive apron that just isn't going to go down and i look truely awful now. I've always had a weird B shaped stomach but now it just looks ridiculous, accentuated by the weight loss.

I look fine with clothes on, so that's all that really matters, but I need to get some surgery once this journey is over and done with.

I've been doing research on apronectomy and abdominoplasties for a while now, always wondering if I'd need one, but 20 so pounds down with another 4-5 stone to lose, it's become apparent I will definitely need one.

Does anyone else feel more unhappy than ever with their body?
Anyone considering surgery?

my boobs are not at there best anymore after all my losses and gains, i was booked in to have them enlarged 12th nov, thn postponed till 1st dec but as i am still struggling with my weight i have postponed till feb :( xxx

I have had 4 c-sections, 2 emergency ones. So i know what you mean about the stomach. I am waiting to get to target to see how I look then. I am also trying lots of stomach excerises to see if that helps.

I have had 4 c-sections, 2 emergency ones. So i know what you mean about the stomach. I am waiting to get to target to see how I look then. I am also trying lots of stomach excerises to see if that helps.

Have you regained all the feeling? I am wondering if that's not helping either as only part of mine is back.
I just have a huge kangaroo pouch that wasn't half as bad before my section.

yes the feeling is mostly back now but the last one was 4 years ago. 7 months really after a section is no time at all. dont be too hard on yourself. keep lossing the weight and see how your feel later:)

I know exactly how you feel !! I had a c section 16 months ago , then lost 6 stone .. and do have an apron :( I have another 2.5 stone to go then I will see how I feel , they say it takes up to 18 months of loosing weight . c section for your skin to catch up , so I am going to wait to see how I feel 18 months after getting to goal ... I am far more concious of my body now than I was when I was 19 stone .. it is silly really , but I would love a flattish stomach so may start saving now ....

as for sensation after a c section , I still have no feeling from my belly button to my scar .. it does take a while and is very odd !!!

I've never expected to regain all the feeling as my mum hasn't from hers. I am not too bothered about that just this stupid stomach I am left with.

I want another child so will be waiting at least one year after having them and maintaining my weight loss before surgery, but looking at me now I very much doubt it's going to look any better

as fat burns from the inside, it will melt away the part that is making your "apron" less prominent. I know this as its happening to me!

as fat burns from the inside, it will melt away the part that is making your "apron" less prominent. I know this as its happening to me!

Gosh I hope so!

I had an emergency section and I have an apron, I hate it !
But my husband always says it is part of me and would I rather have that that our little miracle preemie DD2 ! Of course she wins!
I can hide it in clothing, yes I would love to be the way I was, but hey ho, that's life!

I would however like to get my eye bags and crows feet gone!

i have the lovely b shaped stomach but i never had a c section, lol

as i lose the top stomach has developed 2 dints and a line tuns down it vertically, i look a right bugger

i also have massive floppy bingo wings and when i dance my thighs take on a life of thier own

im 28 and really have the body of a penshioner these days, lol

im so attractive, lmao good job in not trying to pull a guy, think a new person would be running for the hills!

I'm feeling exactly the same atm. My stomach definitly doesn't looks as small as I feel it should and I think it's down to my section.

Like someone else said though, I'm going to leave it a little while, do some exercise and see how it looks in a year or two. My boobs are wrecked but that's cos I am rubbish at keeping a bra on :eek: so I might treat myself to an uplift/implants in a few years

My boobs are well droopy now but not too bothered about them. I'm not for implants, but def for removals of skin and fat.

It's just such a pain as you get this image in your head that totally you'll never look like without surgery of some kind. Well, most people anyway. It's sad that you put all this effort into weight loss and can't look how you want to look
The repercussions of all the food eaten over all the years, but it's still such a shame that you do so good and can't be where you want to be

Back