My Cambridge road to Skinny!

StephEgg

I started the Cambridge Diet yesterday, I feel like I need to do something about my weight, as I feel like I'm losing the person I was! I have always been a very happy and upbeat person who saw positive in every situation and it seems the more weight I have been putting on the more negative I have been getting :-( I used to be quite slim as I was really into my sports and living in Holland meant cycling everyday! When I moved to the UK I gave up the sport and cycling as it seemed it was hard to get into here :-( I still managed to lose weight at first though, I was about a size 10/12 when I moved here at 17 and from when I was about 18 - 21 I was 8.5st and about a size 8 ( :-o !!!!!) Ever since I started my full time job as a Trolly Dolly the weight seemed to have started to pile on top of me leading me to be 17st3lbs and a size 18/20 at 25. Last time I lost weight, I couldn't do anything about it as I was in an abusive relationship which kept bringing me down and the stress of it all caused me to lose the weight. However times have moved on and I am now in a very happy relationship and trying for babies, but nothing seemes to be happening so with me being so unhappy about my weight and being overweight I thought it was time to do something about it so we got a better chance of catching, so here we are! :-D

So my first day was yesterday, went a lot better than I expected it to go.

I struggled before breakfast, as I woke up early, I didn't really want to have breakfast too early as I wanted to space my meals out evenly over the day for the least chance of starvation lol! So when I finally allowed myself to have breakfast I was surprised with how full I felt after. I had the apple and cinamon porridge for breakfast which was yummy! I then had loads of water to keep my hunger under control. Everything I seemed to watch and do and whoever I spoke to, all my thoughts, it all seemed to be about food.. grrr! :-(

I eventually made it to lunch though, did crave a piece of toast, but managed to resist! :-D wooohoo! I was sooo proud as I have never been able to resist bread before :-o Had a "hot chocolate" for lunch (the chocolate shake warmed up) which was also delish! :-D so far so good! I then managed to keep myself busy and didn't even think about food once! Even though I was speaking to my friend about baking etc (as that is both our hobbies... well was :-( ) and I still managed to feel fine woop woop :-D

For dinner I had Leek and Potato soup... did not like this at all, but pinched my nose and drank it all anyway (as I was pretty hungry) that was enough to put me off food for a while so it managed to keep me full for the rest of the evening :-D

I managed to drink 3 litres of water (I am awful at drinking water normally, it'd be a lot if I had drunk 3 pints a day) and also 3 cup of black teas :-D

Sooo surprised with how well it's been going. But then I need to keep going as we're going on holidays with the inlaws this year and theyre all skinny, so its a pretty good incentive, everytime I'm tempted I just have to think about myself in a bathing suit now, and what I could look like in a bathing suit lol!! I don't really fancy scaring all the inlaws so this is the only option ;-p

Day 2
I had a strawberry shake for breakfast, which was quite nice, if not a bit powdery.. but I'll definatly be able to live of it :-D not even that hungry this morning... woop woop. However, my craving for toast is still there!! :-( Why do I have to be such a carbaholic?? :-(

For lunch it was a maple and pecan porridge which was also nice :-D I really like the porridges as they feel more like im actually eating something and doesn't make me feel like I'm missing out on anything. For dinner I have vegetable soup lined up can't wait to try it :-D

Today I have already managed to drink 3 litres of water and a cup of tea. Haven't struggled as much today either I am definatly getting into the right mind set :-D

I am just going to try and keep my mind of the whole food situation and ignore my boyfriend eating food, maybe hide upstairs when he's cooking and eating lol! I will be skinny again one day, just got to keep positive :-D

Well done sugar and just remember if u can get through the first week u will be fine x good luck from me x big hugs xxx

Awww thank you! :-D That's what I keep trying to tell myself, if I just get through the first week lol! :-D I just keep thinking about a bikini bod that I need by august (maybe thinking a bit too positive there lol!!!) but that's keeping me going at the moment lol!! how long have you been doing it and is it working?? xxx hugsss xxxxxx

As you say keep positive you will get there. This first week is the hardest & then it's easier. You will be back to your happy self in no time!?

Well done for doing so well so far! Just ignore those cravings for toast! It's something I craved slightly today, but told myself a big fat 'NO'.
I also loved baking, but I think it'd just be too much of a temptation so it needs to keep away for now! How did you find your soup?

Back