My christmas present to myself-UPDATE -IM GOING !!

You Rock!

1. That is a spectacular gift to yourself! :character00238:

2. The meaning behind the trek is truly touching and inspirational. :heartpump:

3. I looked at your stats. WOW! Amazing progress; GOOD FOR YOU! :worthy:

Good afternoon all

Just wanted to pop back on and say a HUGE :thankyou: to you all for your support..and amazing ideas so far - you lovely lot know how to do things in style don't you :clap:... I think I need to start thinking about how to raise funds on a grander scale than I have managed so far :giggle:...
Its a bit odd at the moment as being out here In Germany means that most of the businesses are Locals and there for I doubt they would be willing to part with things (even if my German was up to explaining what Im doing :p).... However hubby is a golf fanatic so he is thinking of ideas like having a competition where the guys pay to play and then we approach the golf shop for freebies or things at cost (hubby knows the guy so :cross:) to give as prizes, and approach the golf pro to give a set of free lessons as a prize. Also hubby is an army mechanic who seems to do quite a bit of work on the lads motors in his lunch time -now his usual currency is beer :p -but he is going to start asking for donations instead :0chacha:...
I used to make jewellery so Im going to use the materials I have left to make stuff up (there are usually a couple of car boots etc each year) - I also have an awfull lot of stuff I am willing to part with -hubby is quite looking forward to that bit :rotflmao:

Its only small -but I have made a start ... out here we only drink bottled sparkling water and you pay a 25c deposit on every bottle -so I have decided that when I take them back I am going to put the cash equivalent in a jar - €8 went in yesterday (we drink lots of water ;))
Also as some might have seen before -my hubby is a demon on the slot machines and often turns up and gives me half of whatever he has won..so now I have pledged that mine will go to the fund to,,,, €20 went in yesterday :D... I usually have it as a "treat myself fund" and at one point a few months ago I ended up with over €500 in there over a matter of a few weeks.. so pinkies crossed hubby doesn't lose his lucky streak ;)

So then -I have €28 :giggle:-although I haven't even signed up yet as it isn't on the site :D. When we move back to the UK I will be able to look into some of your great ideas -and rope in the rest of my family :sign0151:
Once I have registered I will see if I can figure out how to set up a "just giving" page (Wish me luck Im not very technical :p)...
once again -thankyou all so much for your support and encouragement -you are a wonderful bunch,,,

Fillymum -would be lovely to bump into you In the London airport on our way to Nepal :D

I think if I decide to go ahead, cos I will be 69 years old by then, we should definitely meet up for the flight.

I am very fit and very active and very ungeriatric. So I am hoping I can make it.

Want to get the move back to the U.K.. sorted and then I am with you.

You have exactly the right attitude and enthusiasm to raise what you need.........

Have copied and pasted this bit from your original posting........

it is from the 17th -27th September 2012 -which covers my mums birthday - she had breast cancer last year

It also covers my birthday, the 24th Sept. and I too have had breast cancer so looks like I have to strike a blow for all bc survivors.

Thanks Sue

It would be lovely if you could make it too... I think everyone meets up in London and we all go together ....
ooohh My mums birthday is the 25th and my beautiful big sisters was the 26th.. so I really couldn't ignore this particular challenge could I ...
Mum was really "lucky" she was due to go for her final call for a mamograph as she was approaching 70 and she wasn't going to go :sigh: -but a couple of days before he appointment she went to where she keeps her calender and a pink breast cancer ribbon fell out -it was one the sister we lost had got her and she took it as a sign and went... good job too as they found a lump and reckoned it was about "pop" and would have leaked the cells into her system :eek: as it was her surgeon said she couldn't wait for an NHS appointment so booked her into where he worked privately and believe it or not it was just 3 weeks from the mamogram to being told that they had got it all (she went for a mastectomy rather than a lumpectomy and radiotherapy)....
unfortunately my sis had ovarian canver and wasn't so lucky... only a few months from diagnosis to losing her battle ...
Im getting all excited allready -just want the new year to appear so they will update the list of events and I can commit myself :p
Hope you are having a lovely day

Wow capricorn what an amazing thing to do a trek through Nepal.Good luck and well done.Go you!!.xx

Oh I am so pleased that you decided to go for it Capricorn! What a fantastic thing to aim for and look forward to.:)

Fillymum, my father in law did something very similar a couple of years ago when he was 70 so I say go for it.:D

Oh I am so pleased that you decided to go for it Capricorn! What a fantastic thing to aim for and look forward to.:)

Fillymum, my father in law did something very similar a couple of years ago when he was 70 so I say go for it.:D

Thanks for that. I am sure I can do it. I feel so fit and well and now walk miles.

Capricorn has been my inspiration............ who knows we could get to meet. My DH has also said he will pay the registration fee............god I love him so much I could burst !!! Or is he just thinking it is a small price to pay for perfect peace and quiet lol !!!!

Awww that's great news fillymum. I am already looking forward to hearing all about it from both of you (fingers crossed !!!)

Gail x

Thanks for that. I am sure I can do it. I feel so fit and well and now walk miles.

Capricorn has been my inspiration............ who knows we could get to meet. My DH has also said he will pay the registration fee............god I love him so much I could burst !!! Or is he just thinking it is a small price to pay for perfect peace and quiet lol !!!!
:rotflmao: I think that might be behind my hubby offering to pay for mine too :rotflmao:..whatever the reason... I accepted his generous offer :p... like you I have found a "good un" -bless his socks I sometimes wonder how he copes with me :whistle:. It would be rally lovely if we both end up doing the same one... you can even specify if you want to share accomodation with anyone in particular :sign0151: ...how many slimming world goodies do you think we could carry betwen us? :hmm:
Thanks to everyone for their support -Im hoping the site will be updated soon and the new challenge added so i can sign up and get started... I will be picking brains about how to set up a "just giving" page as I have no clue :eek:

:rotflmao: I think that might be behind my hubby offering to pay for mine too :rotflmao:..whatever the reason... I accepted his generous offer :p... like you I have found a "good un" -bless his socks I sometimes wonder how he copes with me :whistle:. It would be rally lovely if we both end up doing the same one... you can even specify if you want to share accomodation with anyone in particular :sign0151: ...how many slimming world goodies do you think we could carry betwen us? :hmm:
Thanks to everyone for their support -Im hoping the site will be updated soon and the new challenge added so i can sign up and get started... I will be picking brains about how to set up a "just giving" page as I have no clue :eek:

Brilliant !!! I will bring the orange options............. and sharing accommodation sounds cool to me..............now is it true that I snore lol !!!

I am not in the least bit concerned about raising the sponsorship money because I know I can do it.

We must liaise if you seriously want to met me cos I seriously want to do this and meeting you would be a personal bonus.

I hope to open a B&B in Cornwall when I go back, close to the Eden project and my head is already full of ideas to extract a little money from visitors towards a "stroll" in Nepal. Things like having lovely porcelain pieces on sale, vintage and antique, home made chutney's and jams as a memento of their visit. Lots of things churning around in there.

Capricorn, this is not a hijack !!!! Just a thank you for giving me an aim for something exciting and worthwhile to do.

Sue -If you DON'T snore then I probably won't get off to sleep :p -my hubby sounds like a baby warthog with its head in a biscuit tin most nights :rotflmao: and if he is quiet I worry incase he isn't breathing :confused:....
Those are some great ideas for fund raising... whilst Im out here Im in a bit of a no-mans land, but I will figure it out somehow :p .... I was considering making xmas cakes/puddings/mince meat for next xmas -I make wicked cake n pud if I do say so myself :giggle:.... I was also thinking of doing home made foody gift baskets to sell... I do love to cook :D... ooh oooh and I love to x-stitch, now I only do big pictures normally -BUT I could turn my hand to making xma cards etc... I have loads of materials :sign0151: (oohh now I think about it -that might be a good place to start....) and it will keep my head out of the fridge ;)
Im definitely going to do it.. I keep loitering on the site so I don't miss it appearing ....

Good afternoon all - thought I would do a quick update :D

Well folks I have gone and done it.... I have registered to do this:-
Trek Nepal

I have been waiting for it to be put on the website and I signed up and paid my registration fee this morning :eek: - I just have to wait for my information pack now although they emailed me the itinery yesterday *all excited* - its pretty much :-
  1. day 1 = depart London for Kathmandu :airplane:
  2. day 2 = arrive Kathmandu for briefing and dinner -night in a hotel (I can do that bit :D)
  3. day 3 = 4-5hr trek to camp -1641m altitude
  4. day 4 = 6-8hr trek -camp at 2800m
  5. day 5 = 5-7hr trek - camp at 1999m
  6. day 6 = 4-5hr trek -get to see glaciers -this is the area the ghurkers are from
  7. day 7 =7-9hr trek dropping 780m -tough on the legs :eek:
  8. day 8 = 4hr trek -lunch in the village and transport back to hotel
  9. day 9 = :airplane: back to Kathmandu - free day -"shopping" :D
  10. day 10 = free day until :airplane: leaves
  11. day 11 = back in London
ooohhh Im all excited and slightly :fear:too -now I just need to get set and raise the sponsorship -hubby is all set to help :lilkiss:...
Right Im off to get on with making some more jewellery that I hope to sell at a fete/car boot when they have them :cross:

It looks just awesome !!!

Morning all

Well I have set up a "just giving page" and linked it to my signature (assuming I have done it right :p) -so to anyone kind enough to help can I say "thankyou" in advance.... I will try and keep it updated with what Im doing to get fit and to raise funds and Im more than willing to consider and suggestions for fund raising ideas -there have been some good ones on here allready :D

http://www.justgiving.com/JILL-HODGE

Thanks Happy Holidays, It has taken me a while to commit to doing something like this, but I see it as a once in a life time experience, and I appretiate that Im fortunate enough to have enough time to be able to do it -I know a lot of people have such busy lives it just wouldn't be possible...
If this doesn't keep me focussed on losing the rest of the weight and getting fit then nothing will...
Fillymum - hope you decide to join up too,,,

Back