My cookers broke!

amandaj

I rejoined slimming world last week, and had my first weigh in yesterday - 6lb woohoo!! anyway the day before i joined my cooker broke! i'm doing all i can to get it replaced, but in the mean time does anyone have any ideas of what i can do. I've got a george foreman grill, a steamer and a microwave, but everything seems so boring!

The same thing happened to me a week after joining and I didn't get round to replacing it for 2 months.

If you haven't got a slow cooker then I would suggest investing in one. You can get them for about £10 in most supermarkets and are great for stews and goulashes (tomato based stew). I think there is a thread on here somewhere with a load of recipes.

Otherwise, here are a few ideas.

You can cook lasagne in the microwave just dip the pasta sheets in boiling water before you put them in between the meat/veg/passata to make that they are soft even when cooked.

Homemade burgers cooked in a George Foreman are great and you can make chip-type things by chopping potatoes, par-boiling them and then shallow frying them in fry light. Serve with salad and a HExB wholemeal roll.

SW quiche made in the microwave us really easy.

Buy a rossiterie chicken (not all are free but low syns if you remove the skins), steamed veg and mash or a microwaved jacket potato.

Full English breakfast.

Also check whether you microwave has a grill function. I discovered that mine did and used it for browning the top of my lasagne and going cheese on toast.

Good luck. Hope your oven gets sorted quicker than mine did!!

Slow cooker is a great idea I wouldn't be without mine and quite cheap to pick one up.

Have you tried ainsley harriot cous cous all you need is a kettle and 5 mins. I had that for tea with some pak choi, spinach which could easily be done in the steamer with some chicken and add some oyster and soy sauce, it was lovely.

Asda's chick pea dahl is also lovely and free on green and EE which would be nice with some uncle bens xpress rice or plain cous cous.

I wouldn't normally say to eat a lot of convenience but sometimes needs must and Rachel has already given you some fab ideas.

Have you got a camping stove or could you borrow one? That will give you a hob ring?

Bee x

Back