my daughters birthday

jezebel

hi its my daughters 28th birthday next week we are both doing sw does anyone know a good low syn cake recipe that i can make into a birthday cake have trien the no fat sponge but she doesnt like it any ideas thanks

how about saving a few syns and go to asda or tescos and get one of their small birthday cakes about the size of a t cup i brought one for my hubby last year

theres a receipe for a fat free sponge cake on the receipe thread, i syn per serving, sounds really nice too! x

Or you could get one of those big meringues and make a pavlova cake, top with low fat squirty cream and loads of berries. Put a dusting of icing sugar on top of the berries to finish. A very low syn alternative birthday cake!

You could also make it like a cake by using 2 big meringues and the cream berries in the middle. Could melt some choc and spread lightly on the top with a few sprinkles!

i just dont think you can fake birthday cake!! lol, is a very nice thought though.. i say just buy a small one! x

have decided to try and make a low syn victoria sponge going to try and substitute sugar for sweetner ect and low fat spread for marg pavlova sounds nice though might make that anyway how many syns are there in a big meringue x

there is a 100 desert book but i have left it at home! will have a wee look at it! and post it up as soon as i can!

All i can find in the book is

Chocolate & Pear pudding

1 egg, separated
2 level tsp cornflour
1 level tsp cocoa powder
142ml / 1/4 pint skimmed milk
4 level tsp artificial sweetener
3 tbsp pear juice from the canned pears
a few drops vanilla flavouring
1/2 tsp chocolate flavouring
2 pear halves canned in juice

Preheat oven to 220oC/Gas 7. Blend egg yolk with the cornflour, cocoa, half of the milk, two teaspoons of sweetener, the pear juice and the flavourings until smooth. Add the remaining milk.

Place the pear halves in the base of a small ovenproof dish and pour the chocolate mixture over the top.

Whisk the egg white until standing in peaks and gradually fold in the remaining two teaspoons of sweetener with a metal spoon. Spoon the meringue over the pears, covering well and cook in the overn for approximately 10 minutes until crisp and turning golden brown. Serve hot

4 Syns per serving

thats the only pudding i could see unless you wanted something like chocolate cheesecake etc.

thaks to all who replied i ended up making a victoria sponge with sweetner and lo fat marge still ended up costing 15 syns a slice sure i can get it down a bit more gonna work on it lol had a piece each and we still had a loss me 1.5 and my daughter 1lb so not too bad

Back