My Diary.... on the road to fabulous at 40.

I work for a local authority and the building I work in is multi- functional. Its a Youth Service building with offices upstairs. The gym equipment belongs to the Youth Club but the Youth Centre Manager doesn't mind me using it. We can't use it with the young people anyway without there being a qualified member of staff supervising them (which we don't have at the moment).

I haven't been on it for the last week, the treadmill is an Argos one and moves when I run on it so I have been going up to the common nearby to do my C25K training. I get into work, change and then go out. I am still back before the next person gets in. The only thing that gives it away is my big red face!!!

I am strugglinh with the training - I am still only on week 3 and am not ready to move up yet. Yesterday morning was particuarly hard - don't know why. Back out tomorrow morning though!

Sounds like you have a good plan in place :) so well done you :)

Everythign seems like such an effort at the moment..................don't know whats wrong with me.

Weigh in this morning, might feel better after that!

I have had a much better week - I was upset with my gain last week but it was to be expected. I have not been sticking to plan and generally been really rubbish.

I have not been able to exercise as much as i want to as I seemed to have developed an injury. My left hip aches inside like i've bruised it. It is slowly getting better but i've not been able to run for 2 weeks now and I really need to step up the training as the race for life is only 4 weeks away.

I was thinking maybe i should start back ont he cross trainer as that does not jolt my joints as much as jogging will do - ease myself back in gently.

I am away with the girls in 6 weeks, I really want to lose as much as I can by then. Some of them have not seen me since october last year so fingers crossed they will notice a difference.

I'm sure they will notice a big difference, and it's so nice when people notice.

I'm going to see my sister in law and family on June 30th for a big get together. I was 12.7 stone when I last saw some of them and 17 stone when I saw her! I'm hoping to be about 14 by then (wishfull thinking as its over a stone!!!)

Good luck with easing yourself back into training

Xxx

I'm sure they will be. Mine were happy with a half pound weight loss which they count as a sts but I don't!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well the Dr's went fine. It was a locum and he didn't know how to use the computer system so he didn't know how much I weighed last time. So he weighed me and gave me my prescription........... just need to fine some in stock now!!

I made a pledge to myself to watch my alcohol intake after putting on 1.5 pounds last week. I have not been following the plan properly for some time and gave myself a big kick up the bum. Anyway i weighed in yesterday and to my amazement i had lost 4.5 pounds. I know its because i have seriously stuck to plan this week and i have not had a drop of wine.

The plan is to stay off it at the moment, Although its hubby's birthday on Friday and we have got a bottle of sparkling wine in - just one glass i think! I have got lots coming up that i need to watch myself for . Hubbys birthday this weekend, wedding anniversary next weekend and my birthday the week after.

I am almost half way through my journey now, nearly 3 stone lost and another 3 stone to go!!! But i am not daunted by that, I feel totally committed to losing all of this weight and however long it takes is fine.

Its OH birthday and the kids and I cooked him a 3 course meal,needless to say we are all sitting here absolutely stuffed as we just can't do 3 courses................far too much food. Although to be honest i kept the portions quite small, I think we are just not used to eating like that anymore.

Need to be super good for the rest of the week as I need to 1.5 for weigh in on wednesday.

Weigh in tomorrow........... fingers crossed I have lost the 1.5 I need.

I have decided to take some photos at the weekend as I am half waythrough my journey and thought I should take some pics to see how I am doing.

Thanks.

I've lost a pound this week which i am dead pleased with, thats exactly 3 stone I have lost now. I would love to make it to 50 pounds by the time i go away with my mates in 4 weeks. All i can do is try - 8 pounds in 4 weeks.

I am half way through my journey now - another 3 stone to go,maybe a little more, i'll wait and see.

Thanks.

Just looked at your stats. You've done brilliantly, on the home stretch now!!!

It was my anniversary on Saturday and my crazy husband bought me a pair of Jimmy Choos......... Lovely but very expensive. I didn't tell him off though as it was a lovely gesture on his part.

Very happy girl!!

SarahB said:
It was my anniversary on Saturday and my crazy husband bought me a pair of Jimmy Choos......... Lovely but very expensive. I didn't tell him off though as it was a lovely gesture on his part.

Very happy girl!!

What a fab present!! You will have to post a picture of them :)

I'll sort one out, Its my birthday on thursday and he has already bought me a bracelet from Thomas sabo. I've told him not to spend any more money on me as the shoes were so extravagent.

I'll get a pic on when I get home as i am at work at the moment.

The weekends are always so hard, i really wish i could be more focused at the weekend so that i don't snack or make bad food choices.

I have got the race for life on wednesday night, i am kicking myself that i have not done any proper training in weeks but it just means i will be walking more than running. I am going to give it 100% and get round the course as quickly as i can. I just hope it doesn't rain on Wednesday, I don't want to do it in the rain.

SarahB said:
The weekends are always so hard, i really wish i could be more focused at the weekend so that i don't snack or make bad food choices.

I have got the race for life on wednesday night, i am kicking myself that i have not done any proper training in weeks but it just means i will be walking more than running. I am going to give it 100% and get round the course as quickly as i can. I just hope it doesn't rain on Wednesday, I don't want to do it in the rain.

Good Luck with the race, I have mine in 4 weeks & am gonna have to walk it as my knees still won't hack running!!!! Next year hey x

Back