My Diary.... on the road to fabulous at 40.

No running club yesterday, it was cancelled due to the weather. I couldn't get into work anyway as i had no trains. Going to get out this morning for the run i should of had yesterday. We were increasing our distance this week so i am going to make sure i get out and do it!.

This week is going to be tough, i am having a new kitchen put in and the place is a mess. I currently have no oven and won't do until the weekend, i am going to have to make do with things i can cook on the hob.

I have had a terrible weekend and failed to resist the lure of the half price candy king in wilkinsons!

I seem to have got myself stuck in a real rut and not really losing any weight.
It's all my own fault, one or two days on plan and then a few days off plan. I've not really been committing myself properly.
I really struggled this morning when I went out for my run and I know it's because I am not eating properly.
I really need to stay on plan and commit properly otherwise I will be really annoyed when the Christmas parties arrive and my dresses are too tight!

Had a good day on plan. I am off work this week and I think I will go to the morning weigh in instead of the evening one. I had a crap weekend so if I go to the morning weigh in I might scrape a loss. If I wait until evening then I will surely have a gain.

Went to the morning weigh in, 2 pounds lost.

Going to make sure I am 100% until next weigh in. I want a loss every week until Christmas. Running tomorrow morning, on the days I am not running I need to do something else. I really want to lose some of the bulk off my middle.

This week's aims - 2 litres of water every day. Exercise every day. On plan every day.

I have been rubbish... As usual.

Felt inspired by Lexie's no carbing so I had a carb free day today. I have had good results on Atkins and on VLCD so thought I would try and give myself a kick start.

I've got through the day ok and have drunk about 2.5 litres of water.
Hope tomorrow goes just as well. Running club tomorrow lunchtime. Looking forward to it.

Good day today. Stayed carb free and run my longest distance so far at running club.

I surprised myself by running as much as I did. I am really pleased with the progress I am making and I am starting to believe that I am capable of running the 5k on the 9th December.

The coach was really pleased with us all and made us give ourselves a clap at the end of group!

Lol...it's really worked for me the last few days.

Going to stay on it for as long as I can although I found today really hard going. I think it was because I was bored at work.

Run first thing tomorrow and lots at work to keep me occupied. Should be a better day tomorrow. Have ordered some ketostix which should be delivered tomorrow. Will be excited if I am in ketosis!

Lol...it's really worked for me the last few days. Going to stay on it for as long as I can although I found today really hard going. I think it was because I was bored at work. Run first thing tomorrow and lots at work to keep me occupied. Should be a better day tomorrow. Have ordered some ketostix which should be delivered tomorrow. Will be excited if I am in ketosis!

Hehehehehe I am doing one every day to check I'm told they aren't completely accurate but I figure on around 60g carb I'm gonna be in ketosis anyway...... I keep nuts with me in case I am hungry

I haven't really felt that hungry at all. I've been drinking loads of water which helps.

I went for my walk/run this morning. The common was beautiful.... Frost on the grass, lovely autumn colours everywhere and the sun was shining. Perfect running weather for me. I am on week 6 of the 10 week programme which involves 3 lots of the following. Walk x 400 metres, run x 800 metres and then a 400 metre walk to cool down. Managed it fine. I think next week we will be doing cycles of 400 metre walking and 1200 metre running. It's all coming together and I am feeling hopeful that I will run my 5k and not walk any of it.

I am so glad I joined a proper group, I tried the c25k on my own last year and I really struggled. Running with a group motivates me and I really feel like I am making progress. I really feel like I can be a proper runner!!

No ketostix yet, I made a mistake as ordered them to be delivered to home instead of work. Royal mail tried to deliver them yesterday and i was at work, i won't be able to collect them from the sorting office until Saturday now which means a HUGE queue to collect them on Saturday morning. I am out for my run on Saturday morning, i'll just have to make a detour!

Had a bad weekend..... What is it with me??? I get to the weekend and then fall apart.

Back on plan today but hoping I haven't done too much damage for weigh in tomorrow night.

Had running club today, it was a killer. Coach decided to mix things up a bit for us so that our bodies weren't getting stuck in a rut. Actually did no walk/jog. We walked the warm up and then ran straight for about 2.5k. My thighs are so tight and I feel really tired. Glad I did it though and I kept up with everyone else so I am pleased with that.

Well done with the running, specially keeping up with others ..

Maybe increase your kcals over the weekend as that's when loads of people are more social and tend to eat more.. Keep within the rules of your WOE but have a bit more to eat?

Good idea. I really need to try and stay on track over the weekend. Got The first Christmas party on the 14th and want to lose a few more pounds.

Good idea. I really need to try and stay on track over the weekend. Got The first Christmas party on the 14th and want to lose a few more pounds.

You can do it, when I used to have Friday & Saturday off I still lost just not very much if I'm honest but if it stops you falling off the wagon altogether then maybe do that

Thanks Lexie.

Another pound off this week.it's slow going but at least it's moving.

Going to make a real effort this week and try and lose more than 1 pound next week. If lose 2.5 then I will be back to my lowest.

Thanks Lexie. Another pound off this week.it's slow going but at least it's moving. Going to make a real effort this week and try and lose more than 1 pound next week. If lose 2.5 then I will be back to my lowest.

That would be brilliant honey. Go for it xx

Very happy this morning. I was killing time before work and decided to try on 3 dresses I have in my wardrobe which I bought to slim in to. One of them I bought last year and it didn't even fit me last year when I weighed lighter...... Anyway I slipped them all on and zipped them all up!!

So pleased.... I know it's the morning and my tummy is flat from no food and drink but it's still a great feeling. I am hoping to lose at least 4 pounds before I wear them so hopefully they will fit in the evening as well!!

Back