My Diary - the Ups & Downs of the CD Diet

Oh Trine
I am soooooooooooo sooooooooo chuffed for you :) Day 4 is amazing.

The 'have as many packs as you like' really can work, youre proof of that, and what a great counsellor to give you the free packs, and beleiving in you.... ahhh he's a star :D

And you know what trini, you'll never guess! I'm still with ya - day 4 today too :D Tis very satisfying when people ask 'what day you on? one? and I will be able to say 'no, 4 actually!! :p Most I've got to in the past ooh I don't know how long, 6-12 Months was 11 or 12 days so I'll just keep going:p

Keep on going now, you're on a roll:D eyes straight ahead and don't look back for anything :p

'Congratulations' :D

That's great Geri. Thanks and all the best to you too.x

Hey Trini,

I have been reading your diary and I most say, that I am really proud of you for sticking to it and getting to day 4. Its amazing how much you miss food on this. I have done this for a whole week and I really miss food especially come from a West Indian background too.

Well, good luck for the rest of the journey. Everyone here is around to support you. Keep posting here.

Davica

Hey Trini,

I have been reading your diary and I most say, that I am really proud of you for sticking to it and getting to day 4. Its amazing how much you miss food on this. I have done this for a whole week and I really miss food especially come from a West Indian background too.

Well, good luck for the rest of the journey. Everyone here is around to support you. Keep posting here.

Davica

Tell me about it. I am almost scared to go to my mum's cause there's always a big spread - macaroni pie, chicken, pelau, potatoe salad, tuna and pasta salad, gungo peas, red beans and rice, provision (hard food) - plantain etc (I could go on for days) and always some homemade bread, sweet bread, fruit cakes...all sorts! lol. (sorry to talk about food).

But for the next 6 months none of it will pass my lips. Looking forward to AAM week though. You don't get to each that much and it's almost carb free but it's something.

Well done for getting through your first week. We can do it girl. The food ain't going anywhere but our fat will disappear! hehe. :D

Trini, LOL!
If I didn't know better, I think u and I are from the same Caribbean island. I can see by the name that that's true.

I haven't been to my mum's yet and I haven't told her either. Just my hubby knows and a few supportive friends. That way I am able to stay away from the negativity and/or food.

Keep focused and we can always chat about Trinidad.

Davica

Trini, LOL!
If I didn't know better, I think u and I are from the same Caribbean island. I can see by the name that that's true.

I haven't been to my mum's yet and I haven't told her either. Just my hubby knows and a few supportive friends. That way I am able to stay away from the negativity and/or food.

Keep focused and we can always chat about Trinidad.
Davica

Yes, I'm a Trinidadian (Trini to de bone :D) - born there but have been in London since I was 6. I go home every year though.
It's good you have your hubby's and friends support. No one but two of my friends knows that I'm on CD again. Simply because I've told everyone in the past and then fallen off the wagon and I think people thought it gave them the right to dictate my every pace. I'm single now...my OH was a negative force in my life so I got rid last wk. So, I'm struggling on my own. But I will get there.x

You can do it Trini, it does take alot out of you. Negativity is something that is not needed in this life. You're only doing this for yourself so no matter how many times you start again there will always be your feelings of determination helping you to get through it.

How's the day been so far?

Davica

DEvans,

My day has been OK. For some reason as the day goes on I crave more and more for food. I thought being as it's day four that I wouldn't be hungry. Wrong! My CDC did say the first two weeks are the hardest and that's what he's aiming to get me through. But, by hook or by crook, I will do this. I have a mousse to eat later (will see how long I last until I stuff it down my face. lol). I've had 4 litres of water, two to go.

How are you doing?x

Trini,

At certain times of the day I seem to be having some serious hunger pangs today is no exception.

I had my hot choc shake at about 10 this morning and just about held on until 2:30 to have have my tetra pack. Its now 3:30 and I've been having water non-stop to keep the pangs at bay. I have had 3.5 l so far today. I plan to sip water after 5pm especially as I wi at 7pm.

I see my CDC tonight so I'll see how my first week went. Saying that, I jumped on my scales this morning and was gobsmacked at how far down the needle went. I'm waiting for tonight to have an official wi.

I'm quite chuffed I lasted a whole week. Roll on week 2.

Davica

Hello girls :D

Trini, you're doing great - keep fighting the head hunger... glad you are enjoying the mooses :p

Davica
good luck to you with your weigh in tonight :D

Question for you both - What is 'AKi' dont know if I've spelt that right.. I was in Morrissons today and this bloke ws asking one of the stock fillers if he knew where the 'Aki' was - the man didnt know and what was funny was he said ' I've not long started here!' that made me chuckle to myself as I've seen him there loads of times, prob for the past couple of years hahaha but tis a good excuse to not knowing!!
anyway he said he thought it was a caribbean fruit that's like a flat pineapple, and it comes in a tin? News to me coz I thought it was fish! so can you tell me what it is please!! :D

I'm doing ok, took my lil man to the pictures this morning to see charlotte's web, and just had some water, not much mind you as would be needing the loo too much!! rather chuffed for getting through that, had a good sniff of his popcorn tho! :D

Hey Geri,

Its spelt ackee. Its traditionally a Jamaican dish eaten with salted cod. I'm not sure but it can be considered a fruit. As its the fruit of Ackee tree. Its just fried with sweet peppers etc. Its Jamaica's national dish.

I hope that helped.

Davica

Davica, good luck with your weigh-in tonight. I'm sure you've done really well. But the best time to be weighed is in the morning before you've had packs/water.. So I always make morning app's with my CDC. But, when you get weighed take off another pound or two or three! (in your mind).

Geri, well done for resisting temptation with the popcorn. I wanted to go see "Dream Girls" but I knew I would give in to the popcorn so have put off going to the cinema until I'm confident that I can't be tempted. lol

I'm a Trinidadian (half Jamaican) but I do know about this dish. Ackee is a fruit (I wouldn't agree with it looking like pineapple though. lol). It is a Jamaican fruit that's eaten as a vegetable - usually mixed in with some saltfish or with some rice. Hope that answers your question?x

Lol
thanks you too - well seeing as you both mentioned fish - that's probably why I thought it was fish, didn't realize the fish was seperate tho! Hahaha learn something new every da hey!

catch a later
xx

What's wrong with me?

I don't know what to do anymore. :break_diet: I've fallen off and got back on this diet so many times it's rediculous. I feel like giving up completely 'cause I feel like such a failure. It's actually quite embarrassing. But I don't want to give up. I've lost 8 lbs messing about in a big way so I can only imagine what I can lose and how fast if I were to just stick to this. I'm actually scared of going through another summer/xmas/trip abroad at the size I am.

I don't look bad the way I am. Everyone says I "carry my weight well" 'cause I'm curvy and shapely and I dress well. They say I have a beautiful face. I get attention almost every day from men (not the men I want mind you. lol). So it's not like I'm losing weight to get attention from men. I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I want to be able to see something in a shop window and know that I can walk in there, find my size and it WILL look good. I want to feel healthy. I drive but if I have to run for a bus in the future I want to be able to and not feel like I'm having an asthma attack. I want to wear high heels and not feel like I'm carrying a double decker bus after only 5 mins of having them on. Ohhhh, so many reasons to stick to this so why can't I??? Why is food ruling my life? Why can't I control it?

I pray to God every day that he gives me the strength to stick to this cause I have never wanted anything more. :sigh:

I wish I had someone by my side to help me through. My counsellor is great but there's only so much he can do. Unless I move in with him and his OH. lol. I never thought I had a problem with food until I had my second and third children, put on all this weight and now I'm struggling all on my own to get it off again. I just don't know what to do anymore.:cry:

Oh Trini I so empathise with you - have done this so many times myself - doing well then sabotage - start again and off we go on a cycle of diet, lose weight, off diet, gain weight.

I am back on a restart - and very positive at the moment - day 2 - but like you have gained/lost so many times.

I wish i could offer you (myself, my clients and Minimins) the answer to WHY we do it. I really don't think any of us knows ... but look at Happe and D_Q's diaries . They've both done this too many many times - but for now they are in the zone. I get lots of comfort seeing each day that goes past and they are still there - and therefore knowing one day i will get there too (hopefully this time!)

Keep your pretty chin up, dust yourself down and start again. Me and everyone else on here will be happy to keep holding your hand through this. What about emailing your CDC on a regular basis??? I have clients who do that and am happy to reply. Not sure about them moving in though!!

Keep posting, start again and you WILL get there one day.

Oh Sacha,you poor thing,It is hard I know ,very hard to do this diet. sometimes its almost like something has to click inside you to make you want to do it so bad you do. I clicked when I saw a picture of myself at xmas, I thought I loked the bees kness but I just looked TBH Fat with a nice face. The fact that you have lost 8lbs shows that you can do it!Dont be embarrassed about it ,I know that its different but when giving up smoking what do they always say"Never give up giving up" and that probably applies to a lot of us on CD. I think when you've got a lovely face as you have,it makes it harder sometimes, A friend of mine and me always say if we were really ,really ugly we'ed be slim but because we can cover up our bodies it doesnt seem to matter as much. have you got any photos of you that you hate,if you have stick them were you can see them thats what I did and it spurred me on big time!!
I've just read your whole thread and noticed a comment you made about no food for a while. I know that you dont want to but I do AAM all the time and feel that its really worked for me. Why not give it a try? You have nothing to lose except your weight.
So there you are I'm giving you a kick up the bum!!
And your not on your own were all here to help you,good luck,and tomorrows a new day,

Nikki x

Trini,

I thought you were doing so well despite the ups and downs. Hun, I don't know the answer to your question especially as I seem to be nibbling more now than before. I just really tell myself you need to do this. My main goal right now is Carnival 2008 in Trinidad. I'm not getting on that road for 2 days and not looking good. There are all the other health concerns involved. You have to take one step in this and gradually get into it.

Its really hard, I'm happy to help you along here and sure others will do the same here. So as Flirty said, chin up and we'll get over these hurdles together. Yuh her meh!!

D

Thanks guys! I came here to complain for a reason...'cause I knew there would be at least one person that would tell me I can do it and that I'm not alone.

I start again tomorrow (should have started yesterday but just couldn't get into the swing of it) and I think for the next two wks I'm going to have to do some serious soul-searching, as well as practically living on this website.

DEvans - I'm with you on that. Trinidad is one place I hate going to while I'm fat 'cause family and old friends always have something to say about your weight and it's just not nice being fat in that kinda heat. Plus, the women in Trini are soooo gorgeous, I always feel outta place! We'll do it. It may take me longer than I want but I'll get there. :wave_cry:

Thanks again. Struggle on!x

Trini, I understand bout going home. It jus ridiculous the comments u get from the family and friends. Mind u if I go home 4 stone lighter I may here that I need to put some meat on. Yuh could neva win, that's why yuh need to do this for you and only you.

Stick with it girl, we all here to help you through it. So tomorrow is a new start, that's good!!

Davica

Back