My diary

Julie1964

http://www.TickerFactory.
Please feel free to tell me if i am making a mistake hence the small loss last week of 0.5 lb.
Friday
Breakfast- 1 toast Heb and 1 hard boiled egg , scraping of butter (1syn?)
Lunch - fry light mushrooms and fat trimmed bacon and baked beans
snack, bannana and strawberries
dinner - Fry light chicken Stir Fry, - used soy sauce (not light) 3 syns?
Used milk allowance from hea
6 lots of sugar for hot drinks 3 syns?

Total 7 syns

Saturday
Breakfast, Low cal breakfast bar, fruit

Lunch - Jacket potatoe, Salad, - home made mouse, great easy recipe and only 1.5 syns for the whole lot and i shared it too

Dinner - Mushy Pea curry!!! Slimming world recipe, and white rice, very strange but filling and for pudding a Baked applie with a little mincemeat in the core and some creme freche

Sunday
Breakfast - Alpen light bar - 3syns
Lunch - bacon lite fried - beans and 1 slice of wholemeal toast - hexb

dinner - Quorn shepherds pie and loads of veg - drizzle of gravy 2syns? - quorn is awful will not be making it with that again it just tastes of nothing an did not fool my family for a minute,
Must be careful now as I am hungry !!!
hexa - milk for hot drinks - 5 syns for sugar

Monday -
Breakfast, toast heb
snack banana
Lunch - 2 ryvita with black pepper and lite cheese triangle x 2 - banana

Dinner - Steak trimmed of all fat- fry lite. mushrooms cooked in fry lite, and sw chips,
snack, made a banana loaf following sw recipe, yummy

Tuesday
Breakfast, 1 Hea Toast
Lunch - Lean ham salad and cous cous + banana and slice of my homemade banana cake (sw recipe)
Dinner - Tuna Pasta, sweetcorn, cucumber, and a splash of low low salad cream
Bowl of fruit salad

Last edited:
Hi Julie, Congrats on starting with SW, I do it too and im really enjoying it so far.

Im no expert..but if I had to determine what might be slowing your weight loss I would have to say the sugar. 6 lots of sugar is definatley more than 3 syns. Have u tried Splenda? Its a sugar alternative, taste more or less the same and yet is FREE on SW!
You should definatley try that in your hot drinks, because food wise you seem to be doing fantasticly.

Anyway just a suggestion. Have a great week :)

Thanks for you reply, yeh i need to cut sugar down in hot drinks, My hubby has sweetner as he is diabetic but i really dont like them, and you are right sugar is 1 per teaspoon, I suppose i will have to give sweetner another go. Although i do not really have many other syns. I haven't touched choc or crisps or anything that i normally do for over 2 weeks, I really hope this weeks wi is much better I couldnt bare to loose only 1/2 pound again,.... I have just got a recipe for mushy pee curry!!! syn free, and diet coke chicken..... i will try anything to keep hunger at bay... also a nice looking mouse made out of sugar free jelly crystals and quark and creme freche!!! happy days xxxxx;)

Hehe that sounds lovley!! Let me kno how it goes :)

I dont much like sweetner either, but Splenda is the best one I can find - tastes the most like sugar, they call it a "sugar alternative" as opposed to a sweetener. i have it on my weetabix its that similar!

Stick at it! :) Whens your weigh in? x

Will give it a go :D... My weigh in is on Thursday evening... I really need a good loss so i dont get to fed up as I am actually enjoying the diet itself, and am doing more cooking than i ever did my hubby and daughter think its great, Just about to go downstairs and make a batch of the famous mushy pea curry... supposed to be delicious will let you know later today.... thank you x

Im sure u will have a great loss this week. Sometimes it takes our bodies a while to get used to a knew way of eating...! Keep up the good work. x

Im sure u will have a great loss this week. Sometimes it takes our bodies a while to get used to a knew way of eating...! Keep up the good work. x
oh i dont believe it :mad: just done the daftest thing !!! even though i am not due to weigh in till thursday I was intrigued to see how i was doing.. so on the scales i jumped less than 5 mins ago and guess what,, it looks like i have put 1.5lb on :cry: I know it can even out during the week and a lot can change befor Thursday come round but its a real body blow, :sigh: I know i need to keep off the scales but i needed a little sign to say i was doing ok.... oh well got to stick with it till Thursday...... sorry for the depressing moan :)

Can I ask, what were you doing before you started SW?
(ie, eating normally, very low cal, binging, etc?)
And are you doing more excersize than usual?

Dont give up yet! U dont know where you stand until you step on the official scales....!

try not to worry too much about the 1.5lbs. it doesnt necessarily mean you have put on because our bodies fluctuate so much from hour to hour never mind day to day.good luck with your weight loss and your weigh in on thursday.

Don't worry or panic, as others have rightly said, our body weight fluctuates daily.

It is so very tempting to jump on the scales all the time, especially in the early days :eek: I once asked hubby to hide them from me until my weekly weigh in :rolleyes: I now don't go near them until my weigh in, suprising how easy it becomes...eventually ;)

Diffent scales give different readings, ALWAYS use the same set, on the same day (at least weekly) at the same time of day for the most accurate result. Scale hopping on various scales and 'sneaky peeks' are soul destroying, believe me, I know!!! :)

Another word of advice from an 'old owl' sometimes the scales don't always reflect our hard work, but your body will have lost inches somewhere, toning up....measure yourself monthly, you'll see what I mean!

good luck, please don't beat yourself up over it..i am sure you'll be pleasantly surprised come the official weigh in day :)

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, I must say regarding the comment about feeling slimmer, I can feel a little difference may be my imagination but i dont care after all its all about Me, as thats who i am doing this for :D... You wouldnt have any tips on how to get the slimming world home made chips a bit crispy ?? I par boil them for 5 mins then spray light them and then put them in the oven, but they take forever to brown and are quite soggy, am i doing something terribly wrong. xxxx

You are welcome Julie :) sorry I am not following SW, but I have picked up a mountain of tips and advice over the years lol and using the spray light and putting them in the oven after boiling them sounds correct to me. I had a friend who used that very method, but I am sure someone more knowledgeable will tell you if there is something else you can do to make them crispy?

I am not even sure if my friends chips were crispy or not? lol..I just remember her telling me she could 'still' eat chips if she cooked them that way! :D

(not the same if they are soggy are they :eek:? )

p.s you will be feeling slimmer, its not your imagination. In my first week, I could hardly believe how slim my fingers became, less puffy almost immediately!!!)

Rx

I dont much like sweetner either, but Splenda is the best one I can find - tastes the most like sugar, they call it a "sugar alternative" as opposed to a sweetener. i have it on my weetabix its that similar!

Mush pea curry is an acquired taste ...:rolleyes: I ate it as i was really hungry and whilst it wasnt awful, I will not be making it again ha ha ha.... but highly recommend the mousse :D xx

Well done for sticking with it!
Crispy Slimming world chips....(bear in mind they wont be as good as if you did them in real oil but hey for a free alternative they are pretty darn good!)

-I par boil for 5-7 mins, then drain and pat the chips dry with kitchen towel (v important).

- empty and dry the pan, put the chips back in, spray with fry light, cover the pan with its lid, shake vigorusly for a couple of seconds. (this covers them in FL and also roughs up the edges to give them that crispier edge!)
-pour onto baking tray, cook on gas 7 for 35-40 mins. (this seems like a v long time but the longer u leave them for the crispier and tastier they are!)

Hope this helps :) Keep it up xxx

You was right about splenda sweetner, out of them all it is far the best, i got some today and i couldnt tast the difference, thanks for your advice :D :D

Back