My Diary :)

andyfofo

After putting weight on a couple of years after LL, I tried exante sporodically over the last few months, but I’ve never been able to stick to it… so I decided to do LL for a few weeks to kick start it and I’ve lost a stone!:D

I’m feeling much more motivated like the old me after i did LL the first time and I’ve managed to stick to exante for 4 days and I’ve already lost 7 pounds! :eek:

The main reason for doing it in the first place was to lose weight for becoming a special constable with the police, I already passed my SET’s (exams) interviews, vetting and drugs test over the last couple of months but I was worried about the medical as a bmi over 30 is an automatic fail… and I’m pleased to announce that I passed my medical last week! :D:p So I have my haircut tomorrow, uniform fitting on Monday and I start training on the 4th of september:D

But im going to stick to exante till I lose another stone and a half/2 stones.

My exercise routine is:

Monday, Wednesday and Friday – Free Weight Training, 1 hour

Weekdays – 24 mile round commute to work by bicycle, 2 hours

And soon to include rugby when I start back at uni

Anyways, onto the starting weight (exante)…

Day 1 Weight: 13 stones 11lbs, BMI: 29.5

Weight Loss This Week: 0lbs

Weight Loss So Far:0 lbs

Left To Goal Weight: 3 stones lbs

Last edited:
good luck - you seem very determined - ive been like you - on and off and on and off - ive found the right time for me now as it doesnt seem to be a struggle - like your finding :) Good luck and dont give up hope. Remember how **** you feel when you realise your no longer losing weight because you have stopped. xx

good luck - you seem very determined - ive been like you - on and off and on and off - ive found the right time for me now as it doesnt seem to be a struggle - like your finding :) Good luck and dont give up hope. Remember how **** you feel when you realise your no longer losing weight because you have stopped. xx

im glad to know i wasnt the only one :jelous:
It was very frustrating having done LL for 4 months solid before without a single cheat/break, etc yet I couldn’t even do a week of the same thing :sigh: haha

congratulations on your loss so far! Keep at it! :) xx

thanks andy :)
i think once you come off it - its so hard to get back on the wagon again. I know this will sound lame, but i wrote myself a letter - detailed why i am doing this, why i love how i am already and want to make it better - if you believe that you are already happy and this is just something that you have to do in order to be more happy - then i think youll find it a lot easier. dont think about not having anything but shakes. keep your mind focussed - its working for me so far. xx
also one thing to note is that the weight will fall off you quicker because your a boy :) x

thanks andy :)
i think once you come off it - its so hard to get back on the wagon again. I know this will sound lame, but i wrote myself a letter - detailed why i am doing this, why i love how i am already and want to make it better - if you believe that you are already happy and this is just something that you have to do in order to be more happy - then i think youll find it a lot easier. dont think about not having anything but shakes. keep your mind focussed - its working for me so far. xx
also one thing to note is that the weight will fall off you quicker because your a boy :) x

its not lame at all! i copied an idea from the biggest loser and made myself a video message on the mac with my webcam, telling myself how unhappy i was, why im doing it and so i can see the progress i've made! so don't worry, your not alone :jelous: xx

I’ll also take this opportunity to advertise the specials (if its allowed)…

For anyone would consider becoming a special constable, visit:

http://policerecruitment.homeoffice.gov.uk/special-constables/index.html

you will get fully trained, the exact same equipment as a regular officer – stab vest, baton, CS/PAVA, handcuffs, etc., warrant card, and the exact same powers. You get to pick your own shifts, so if you can only do certain days, certain times, etc it doesn’t matter as most specials have a full time day job so only do shifts at weekends. Specials come from all walks of life and no matter your age, education or job you can join. The training also runs at weekends to fit around your day job.

Scotland is slightly different in that you are more like a part time police officer, as you get paid, are a member of the police federation and retain your full powers on and off duty. Whereas in england and wales you don’t get paid, aren’t a member of a police federation and only retain your powers off duty in your own (and some surrounding) force areas. The recruitment process is also different for scotland, so none of what I mentioned above will apply if your from E & W.

Members of the public don’t see a special or regular, most won’t even know what a special is, but they wouldn’t be able to tell the difference as you are in the same uniform, all they see is a police officer (for example, at a football match probably 10-25% of the Police Officers you see are Specials). Someone they can trust. You can make a real difference to your community and gain skills any potential employer would dream of.

I genuinely couldn’t recommend it enough :)

Last edited:
Good luck Andy and huge congrats for doing so well already and passing the medical :D I hope you have a great week!

Good luck Andy and huge congrats for doing so well already and passing the medical :D I hope you have a great week!

thanks very much katt! :D

have been doing well, stuck to it 100% so far although had to grab a tesco bar as my exante pack of shakes and bars haven't arrived yet :sigh:

haircut in about an hour though... bye bye justin bieber hair :wave_cry:

Day 1 Weight: 13 stones 5 lbs, BMI: 28.43

Weight Loss This Week: 5 lbs

Weight Loss So Far: 5 lbs

Left To Goal Weight: 2 stones 9 lbs

also had my uniform fitting this morning, was a great feeling seeing myself with all the kit on :D roll on training in september :cool:

Back