My diary

gentoo

Day one.
I've managed to stick to eating proteins only. Even if the hubby did forget at one point and offer me a chocolate biscuit for elevenses! I even managed to avoid pudding whilst the kids ate ice cream! And probably the most amazing thing is that I did 15 minutes on the treadmill (ok I had to slow it down and I was aiming for 20 but considering I'm a fat, unhealthy, unfit lump it was actually quite good going for me).
I've packed tomorrow's lunch up and made the kids sandwiches whilst I was eating my tea so I wasn't tempted by the bread and the cheese (my biggest downfalls).
I'm going to need far more meat than I've planned for though. I can see a mid week shop being needed.
Fingers crossed for a successful day at work whilst dieting.

Day two. Well managed to stick to the planned foods (despite the temptation of tear n share garlic bread and a colleague having baked apple cake). But desperately need something crunchy other than pickled onions! Resorted to baking another batch of dukan cookies but this time threw a teaspoon of goji berries in (and used apricot fromage frais instead of yesterday's raspberry and the recipe yogurt). Double baked them but only the burned edges seem to crunch the rest had a more chewy cookie state. The need for crunch is making me want more food even though I don't think I'm hungry. This is going to be my biggest downfall!!!
Picked up additional protein supplies on the way home and stuck to my shopping list! Grubby said he'd like to try green tea and as I'm already a fan and it's on offer I bought three boxes of decaf.
Packed tomorrow's lunches straight after dinner whilst I wasn't too hungry and managed to resist the little, luscious, tempting morsels of bread which make the sandwich cobs look untidy! Also managed not to nibble the bit of cheese that was left.
Exercise is a no go today. My hips and knees have seized after yesterday's 15 minute attempt. I've walked through it all day including standing for the first two hours of teaching this morning. Zumba tomorrow with a few work colleagues. Not sure how that will go!
The sad news was no weight loss for me at all :( I'm hoping that's a temporary glitch!

Oops I missed day three.
I blame the snake that was teaching the Zumba class some vindictive individual at work suggested I might like to attend! Let's just say I was too tired to type but I managed to stay pure protein again!

Read the reply - thank you! I have to say having a husband who works for a bakery is a minor challenge but if I look at/handle the carbs once I'm full it seems to work.

Day four - awful day at work. Trying to get blood out of the proverbial stone (or coursework out of y11). But I'm really proud of myself I refused a chocolate I was offered, and some biscuits and a slice of cake! I actually feel less hungry than usual so maybe something is working. I've had a bad head for two days (lack of sleep on the night of day two thanks to a back spasm) but even that's subsiding. Getting a bit bored of chicken now but the book has arrived with some recipes so I can get creative. Must drink more tomorrow as I didn't keep my drinking up today (managed my 8 but all as green tea and no pure water to flush)

Tomorrow will be a toughie. Parent evening and school provides a cold buffet. Hmmmm. Think I might just avoid the staffroom.

Day five.
Even worse day at work! But I'm really, really proud of myself. I managed to avoid the doughnuts, bread and other enticing bits. And for my tea I cooked scrambled eggs with cottage cheese ( instead of milk and butter, ) and meatballs. Was actually quite nice and very filling.
Oh well, only one more day at work (and two more days of protein only).
Xxx

Thanks Emmaline.
I forgot to add that I couldn't weigh myself today (after a mishap with the scales yesterday) so I resorted to measuring myself instead.
I generally wear the same trousers for a few days and they had started to feel a little looser yesterday. I put it down to a vivid imagination and wishful thinking!!
To my delight - I've already lost a WHOLE INCH from my waist. I didn't measure anywhere else. That alone was enough to make me happy (and is probably what is keeping me on the straight and narrow!)

Oops again, I haven't posted in my own diary for a while.
I ended up extending my attack phase - partly beacuse I don't think I did it properly and partly because I really don't like the vegetables in cruise phase! Anyway after 13 days I had managed to lose 8lb and I now weigh in at 140.0lb.
All my snacking cravings have gone (sort of) but my appetite has reduced dramatically to the point I'm having to force myself to eat meals. (And if it wasn't for the kids asking for food, I'd probably forget to do that too.)
I started the 30 day shred 4 days ago and that's getting easier - did I really just say that? I can't do the skipping though - it makes my shins ache far too much after just 4-5 jumps so I've modified that one to a kind of hopping version of a skip. And for some reason my left arm can't cope with the weights lifting (or even without the weights) so I do all the movements with my right arm and every other movement my left arm joins in. So long as I don't end up with one muslcy arm and one bat wing I'll be fine. Must admit though - my knees which give me gyp anyway - are really suffereing at the moment.
My only sin is chocolate....... It's that TOTM and it was nagging at me. However - I took one small chunk that you normally break off a bar - cut it into 4 pieces and allowed myself 2 of them. I've done this for three days and to be honest that's all I need.
Introduced some tomatoes into my meals yesterday and mushrooms today. I also made the carrot flan from the Life Plan, that was quite nice considering I don't like carrots. I'm really going to struggle with cruise as I don't like the vegetables at all. I never have done. However - I will make sure I do my best to eat something on a PV day.
I think I'm doing a Dukan modified as I've cheated with the chocolate and the vegetables; but my greatest sin will be the PP:pV sequence. I've decided to do Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday as PV, with the other 4 days as PP. I'm hoping this will prove as effective. It fits in best with my schedules.
Fingers crossed.....

Shredded again today. It's not making me as tired (or hot and sweaty) as it did on day 1 and I don't so much ache the following day (or in the middle of the night) but my knees are really suffering 24/7. If it continues I'll have to go back on the painkillers and that's something I'd rather avoid :(
Diet going OK, I suppose. Weightloss seems to have hit a standstill for the past few days. Maybe it's the introduction of the carbs back into the diet, the end of TOTM or fat being converted to muscle now I've started exercising. So long as it starts up again soon things should be OK.
I'm still struggling with my appetite a bit. I'm just not hungry. I've averaged my calorie intake over the last week (not something I'm required to count on Dukan - but I was logging foods so I might as well) and I'm struggling to get over 700 on most days. Now either I'm counting wrong (and I've always gone for the higher calorie value when there's a choice) or maybe this is why I'm not losing weight????? Too low calorie intake?
If anyone reads this and has some ideas I'd love to hear them.

Oops. Really stressful day at work. Ate a custard cream and three plain biscuits. But forego my lunch in exchange and moderated my dinner. Feel really guilty as I now have a craving for more. :(. Damn.
Shredded tonight and managed the whole workout for the first time without stopping. Not anywhere near breaking into a sweat but I don't think I can do the next level. My left knee has given me gyp all day and I can hear my knee and ankle crackling when I move it. Probably need to see a quack sometime sooner rather than later.
Despite my slip up I was still under on the calorie intake so we'll see the impact tomorrow.
It might sound daft, but I actually feel slimmer even if I don't look it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Two plain biscuits today. Oh well. Extra workout for me.
Tea tonight was a bit disastrous. Cooked on Sunday so all hubby had to do was heat it up. I didn't cook the chicory though. Left that for him to do. He didn't "do", in fact I'm not sure how to describe the concoction he created! Anyway, he left for work before me and the kids got home and he'd left me a note. He'd thought ahead to cook some potatoes - but forgot I'm not allowed to eat them! At least the kids are full!
Hopefully tomorrow will be more to plan!!!!!

Yay! No naughties today. Resisted the biscuits and the sweets. Even resisted freshly baked bread.
I did have a cappuccino rather than a green tea mid afternoon as I was flagging but I'm allowed that do no guilt trip there.
My legs ached until lunch today. I'm not sure whether this shred is actually healthy for me? It's certainly making me use waist and hip inches but the agony in my knees isn't done thing I fancy. (an old pain and injury, that I don't really want to aggravate)
Took the kids in to school tonight for the gcse dance performance. I really wanted to get up on stage and show them how it should be done - but then I remembered I was a fat lump who would look like a rhino on skates if I tried. Damn. Must stop thinking I'm still 16!!!

Paiiiiiiiin. My knees are killing. Dragged myself through shred (but modified the impact moves). Definitely going to have to make an appointment :(
Not hungry again today. 2xfromage frais and a homemade turkey burger with spicy tomatoes (again homemade). A little bit of G&T chocolate.
I'm sure 500 calories + exercise (approx 200) cannot be healthy yet I just don't want to eat! I actually lost weight the days I ate the biscuits but if I'm good I seem to stay the same. Huh! Go figure???

I think I've realised why I'm not hungry. I downloaded a weight loss hypnosis app early in the week and I've been listening to it (we'd, thurs & fri). It's obviously having some impact! And boy do I sleep better!!
My dinner today was two jumbo sausages. And I didn't manage half the second one! I only nicked one of hubby's chips and I didn't enjoy it. I did have a quarter of the babies cookie but only because I didn't want to waste it. It was more a money thing than a food thing.
The pain in my knees is awful today though - so ive given shred a miss. To be fair I've been out and pushing the pram all day so in going to claim that I've "exercised".

Forgot to say. 20 days dieting = 10.8lb lost. Minus 4" on waist, 1.5" on hips and 0.5" on underbust.

Back