My Diary :)

hayley18

Day 1:Well its my first day on the Cambridge diet. I am finding it alright so far :) not feeling particularly hungry. Had the maple and pecan porridge for breakfast. YUCK:jelous:!!! will try it again tomorrow but later in the day to see if I prefer it as I'm not a massive morning eater. Had the chocolate shake for lunch, was OK tasted a bit like a Yazoo milkshake:) Got the spicy tomato soup for dinner later will have to see how that one goes.
The only bad point to my first day so far is my dad being so negative about it, already telling me if i don't like it don't worry its just not for me. Basically setting me up to failure already :(:mad:
Any way will see how the rest of the week goes :)
Day 2: Yesterday was a hard day. kept doubting why i am even doing this to myself.I know it is all psychological that is why i am continuing on the diet :)
Day 3: Today is a bit better, still feeling a bit deflated, but am putting that down to the headache and weakness feeling, also feeling extreemly tired today, but cant get an early night as i work until 11pm. I am also feeling very cold today, not sure if its to do with the diet or not. I cant wait to try the bars so i can actually chew something !!:). on a brighter note i know this diet is working as i have already lost 4.5lbs!!

Hiya :)

Well done on your loss already!! Brilliant. Best of luck for your journey :) xx

Hi thanks for sharing ur diary, I started the same day as you so my days have been very similar lol. Good luck and pls keep updating, its helping me to know u r feeling the same, hopefully tomorrow we will both feel wonderful! :)

Day 1:Well its my first day on the Cambridge diet. I am finding it alright so far :) not feeling particularly hungry. Had the maple and pecan porridge for breakfast. YUCK:jelous:!!! will try it again tomorrow but later in the day to see if I prefer it as I'm not a massive morning eater. Had the chocolate shake for lunch, was OK tasted a bit like a Yazoo milkshake:) Got the spicy tomato soup for dinner later will have to see how that one goes.
The only bad point to my first day so far is my dad being so negative about it, already telling me if i don't like it don't worry its just not for me. Basically setting me up to failure already :(:mad:
Any way will see how the rest of the week goes :)
Day 2: Yesterday was a hard day. kept doubting why i am even doing this to myself.I know it is all psychological that is why i am continuing on the diet :)
Day 3: Today is a bit better, still feeling a bit deflated, but am putting that down to the headache and weakness feeling, also feeling extreemly tired today, but cant get an early night as i work until 11pm. I am also feeling very cold today, not sure if its to do with the diet or not. I cant wait to try the bars so i can actually chew something !!:). on a brighter note i know this diet is working as i have already lost 4.5lbs!!

keep it up .... first week tends to be a lot of water but a good amount lost stick to it see the results

Well the dreaded day three is almost over and it's been hard! I have been very tired and feeling weak :( thought a few tines about quitting and doing a diet such as WW but ive hung on in. Just shows me that I do have will power :) I have been salivating most of the day over the thought and sMellon of the food all around me, it would be very easy for me to give into it but I havnt and I'm very proud :) um hoping the rset of my days wI'll get easier :) im lookinng forward to eatong again in 12 weeks when I go onto my break from ss. :)

Hey hun good to hear you're sticking with it, it will be so worth it when you reach your goal weight. I start day four today and I'm feeling a lot better than I was the last few days it is a lil hard when people are cooking in the house and the good smells amazing but the thought of how fabulous I'll look when I reach my goal weight keeps me going.

Day 4: well im so glad yesterday is over !! :) it was a very hard day:( Today is a lot easier i am not feeling as hungry and i seem to have more energy :) im going to see me CDC tomorrow to swap some packs as i cant stand them!! I wasnt expecting this diet to be so hard but im glad i am sticking to it. it just shows me that i am a strong person and can do anything i want to if i put my mind to it.:D I cant wait for my WI on Monday to see how much i have officially lost ( i know my CDC scales will differ from my own, however so far i have lost 7lbs in 3 days!!!) I am so proud of my self for continuing through the hard time. I am beginning to realize when i am actually full also, proving to me that i dont need as much food as i used to eat. Its strange the food i seem to be craving the most is the healthy stuff, like the other day i was craving a jacket potato with cottage cheese, smoked mackerel and salad!! Salad seems to be the food i want most ATM, and i didnt even eat it really before !! STRANGE.
Another reason i am continuing with this diet is the fact that i keep having people at work say to me how proud they are of me for being able to do this diet, i dont want to let them down haha, also the satisfaction of proving people wrong about this diet. I cant wait intill im at goal and i maintain it. i am actually really looking forward to learning how to sustain and maintain my weight:)
Anyway thank you for all your support and messages, it really does help and give me some encouragement :)
xx

i would like to loose about 5 and a half stone but i will see how it goes, if i get a a size where im happy i will stop there :)
How about you? xx

Day 5: well yesterday i did something utterly stupid, i forgot to have my shake as i was looking for new jobs and then had to rush to my physio, meaning when i got to the hospital i felt very weak, faint and dizzy, so i brought my self a bottle of water and took it easy. i was fine once i got home and had my shake tho :) i then went to see my CDC to swap some of my packs and she said she may move me up to SS+, however i am considering moving onto Step 2, what are your thoughts on this? The rest of my day went OK :)
Day 6:
Decided to stop weighing my self now to see the results on my oficial WI on monday. TBH i dont really feel like i have done anything to loose weight, haha, weird i know but im still shocked with the weight i have lost in the four days previous according to my scales!! Havnt got much else to write here ATM so will update later or tomorrow :)

Hey, well done on it so far. I would say if you want to go up to step 2 it's better than giving up on the diet! I have always done step 2 and had same losses as people on here doing ss

Hi hayley you are doing great so well done! Ihave sswapped from ss to ss+ and im finding it really easy now. I havent had a weigh in yet so not sure how effective ss+ has been for me but im certainly not hungry. Why not give it a try before going on to 810?
810 is pretty much the same anyway just slightly more protine and a little skimmed milk I think?

thank you:) She wants to change my plan as i am only drinking the shakes and i do high intensity exercise once a week so she thinks i may benifit from the few extra calories. I know i will still lose weight, however i am scared that i will just go crazy and start eating everything!! I am still craving carbohydrates!! i would like this to go haha

Day 6 (continued): OK i am really struggling :( i went to a family party earlier where they had a lovely looking buffet, but i didnt have any. Now i am home i have had my shake but am craving Chinese :( this is so hard, i am home alone as my BF has gone out with friends, so i am feeling rather down. My whole body is also hurting, i feel like i am bruised all over. I just feel like crying :'( I dont think i can do this anymore :(

Stay strong hun, go brush your teeth have a little bit of self pampering and have another glass of water before you go to bed.

When you wake up in the morning you'll be so proud of yourself for chalking off another successful day xxx

Yes you can! You can do it! Chinese takeaway will still be there when you've done with this diet, honest. Try not to look at this in terms of deprivation - or, if you must, look at it another way. Deprive yourself of a takeaway now - and look forward to a summer of wearing lovely summer clothes that make you look and feel fantastic. Give into the urge to eat Chinese and you may be depriving yourself of the chance to have that lovely summer with the lovely clothes and slim fit body.

Netty's given some great advice. A good night's sleep will make it all seem better x

Whats making it harder is the pain my body is in, i've been like this for a couple of days, i dont know if it has anything to do with the diet :( Im just so emotional right now, and i am really hungry :(

Sorry posted the same thing twice.

Day 7: Well i didnt get a chinese last night:) However have woke up feeling the same (pain wise) i just dont understand why my body is hurting so much?!? and with being in pain i just want to comfort eat :( I had my first bit of exercise since startong the diet today and it went well :) i had more energy than i normally do, and we got loads done today :). All i want is this pain gone :(

Hi Hayley, sorry you are in pain but well done on not getting the chinese! You can do this! I felt really bad on day 3 4 5 and 6 but by day 7 felt so much better! I must admit though I have not been exercising in my first few weeks as find it too hard! I did this last Jan and found that the second time around was much harder the first week! I do hope that you start to feel better x

Day 8: Official weigh in day....... 12lbs :) so ecstatic :) i have also lost 23 inches, i am so proud of my self:) my CDC said to me that that was the best loss she has had :) i'm not in as much pain today either ( except my thighs!! but thats from a lot of squatting yesterday at training) hoping this week will be better :)

Back