My dukan ups and downs

maddie_tc

Hi folks!

Thought id keep a diary an post how my day is going doing dukan (I'm on my first week of cruising :) ) please feel free to comment on my food incase I'm going way above limits with tolerable foods etc.
Now just a brief background story- I had put on 2stones since moving to the uk, in January of this year I lost 1.8 stones on the Cambridge diet, gained it shortly after went bk on cambridge for a short while, did Atkins for two weeks, tried Cambridge again but I had enough of shakes by then!! Was adviced to stick to healthy protein and soon realised that dukan was basically a protien diet. As mentioned from my previous posts it has totally put me off my chocolate craving which was HUGE! Anyhow my TW is 58kg but instead of stressing to get to target I'm loving how this food is making me feel!!! But I called my diary "ups and downs" as I know there will be times I will need motivation!!!

Here goes:

PV DAY

Breakfast- omelette with 2 turkey rashers and total 0% youghurt

Lunch - half a dukan bread (are we really allowed that much yeast??!!) with smoked salmon and quark

Snack- carrot sticks (1/3 of a carrot)

Dinner- my chili from the recepie section and butternut squash wedges are being made as we "speak" smells yuuuuummm!

Water- 1.5liter so far
Exercise- none...does walking in the grocery store count? :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

image-1178138234.jpg

Picture

You should really include some sort of exercise if you want to see better results :)

Your meal looks yummy ;)

Triniprinc3ss said:
You should really include some sort of exercise if you want to see better results :)

Your meal looks yummy ;)

Going to the gym tomorrow planned to go yesterday and today but found excuses! :S definitely going tomorrow!

Today was a really tuff day, was very very busy at work only had 10min lunch break where I had a small pot of total 0% youghurt (missed breakfast too..!) had a
Latte on skimmed milk to stay awake then came home and had half a dukan bread with quark and smoked salmon plus some mince with cottage cheese- BUT I never made the mince..it was hubbys and made
using olive oil and some green pees were added :( although I'm a bit disappointed I'm still happy that on a day when
I have the fridge full with cakes and cupboard filled with chocolate- on an empty stomach I still didn't go for all those nasty carbs (which I would have had done 2 weeks ago!!) but I need to be far more planned and strict! Hope the rest of you are doing well!!

xx

Well done for not going for the naughty yummy foods, that shows great strength. I have taken to leaving some lemon cheesecakes in the fridge yummy but good.

stig said:
Well done for not going for the naughty yummy foods, that shows great strength. I have taken to leaving some lemon cheesecakes in the fridge yummy but good.

Thanks stig, ohhh Cheesecake yummmm yummm!

One little slip up is okay (I've done worse :eek:) lol!

Just forget about it and continue on plan.

You could always do some of the 10-min workouts available online to ease you into exercise.

I hate going to the gym, so I do a 30 min workout at home Mon-Fri :)

Thanks for the motivation guys!

Didnt get a chance to write yesterdays menu, left home 7 in the morning and got bk from work 21.30.... :( but I squeezed in exercise!!! Yay! :)

So yesterday was a PV day:

B- total 0% youghurt with sweetener and a large latte from EAT
L- tuna(in water) with cottage cheese
Snack- 3 chargrilled chicken slices
D-bowl of chili with cottage cheese
Snack- 2 oatbran muffins with coffee

I didn't get my full oatbran requirement as I was ment to have 3 muffins but only had 2 left..my veggies from the day I got from my chili that contained carrots, peppers and mushrooms. 40min speed walk :)

todys diary to be continued

xx

So yesterday looked something like this:

Breakfast- dukan bread with quark and smoked salmon and a cup earl grey
Lunch- nandos? chicken without skin and piri piri sause on the side...
Snack- large costa skinny latte and total 0% youghurt
Dinner- mince meat With cottage cheese

2l Water

Today so far:
B- small slice duka. Bread With asda chicken slices (95%chicken) and earl grey tea
Snack- another slice of the dukan bread with some mince meat
Had migraine all day :(

xx

Hope your head is feeling better. I had a few headaches at the beginning of the diet, but luckily these seem to have passed now. I think it may have been withdrawal symptoms from the rubbish I used to eat.

ceridwen said:
Hope your head is feeling better. I had a few headaches at the beginning of the diet, but luckily these seem to have passed now. I think it may have been withdrawal symptoms from the rubbish I used to eat.

Thanks ceridwen, doing A LOT better now, i think ur right after all that junk i think its à shock to the system that I'm having healthy foods!! Isn't it funny how this is called a diet when I actually feel so healthy eating what I am eating!

For dinner today I had mince with peppers and cottage cheese, also had loads of liquid, finally time to sleep!!

xx

Back