My EE food diary

Last week's food diary :)

Lots of challenges this week, I've had 3 birthdays to celebrate, my partner's on Wednesday and both my son's and my Uncle's on Saturday. I've made (and eaten some of!) 2 birthday cakes. It's been an odd week as far as sticking to the plan is concerned, there's been quite a lot of spoon licking while I made the cakes and then obviously a slice of the cakes themselves. I usually totally avoid cake, it's the food of the devil lol, partly because I love it too much and partly because you get so little for your syns!

On Wednesday we had a meal with friends at their house for my partners birthday, they cooked and I had absolutely no control over the meal, also had some red wine (and birthday cake!), so I guesstimated the syns, chalked that meal up to experience and moved on lol.

My son's party was a party package at Laserquest so I didn't have to do any of the catering fortunately, apart from the cake I avoided the party food and had a pretty good day.

My Uncle's party on Saturday night was a "hire a hall and a band" type affair, I ate before I went so that I could completely avoid the buffet and stuck to diet coke all night (again in an attempt to compensate for my perceived cake related syns!)

I spent the rest of my time thoroughly overcompensating for my unknown cake related syns, looking back on my food diary it's been a week of both overeating and undereating. I've clearly compensated too much as I lost 4lbs! I haven't lost that much in a week since I restarted SW at the beginning of January, so I'm definitely not complaining. It's not really sustainable though so I won't be trying to repeat the experience, although I had a great loss I felt quite out of control and very up and down. I'm a creature of habit so I like to know what I'm doing :)

Goal for this week is 2lbs, which will take me back to my lightest ever weight of 14st 1lb, having lost all the weight (1st 12lbs) I've put back on since I originally lost 5 stones with SW in 2011.

Monday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (HEA)
Lunch: wafer thin turkey, mixed salad, wild rice. Grapes.
Dinner: homemade veggie chilli, packet rice (2 syns), 0% greek yogurt
Snacks/sundries: 3 digestive biscuits (12 syns). 2 x Alpen light (HEB)
Total syns: 14

Tuesday:
Lunch: Homemade sweet potato and parsnip soup, bread (HEB)
Dinner: SW lamb hotpot (1 syn), curly kale
Snacks/sundries: mango. Made an all butter madeira cake with butter icing, might have licked the spoon once or twice! (??? syns)
Total syns: ?

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Mullerlight and a pear, coffee with SS milk (HEA)
Lunch: wafer thin ham, boiled egg x 2 and mixed salad
Dinner: Homemade tomato soup with marscapone. Roast pork with 1 roast potato, buttery mash, roasted butternut squash, broccoli, gravy. Cooking oil as HEB.
Snacks/sundries: Sugar free red bull. Red wine (??? syns), slice of iced madeira cake (??? syns)
Total syns: ? Guesstimate 54

Thursday:
Breakfast: Tesco medium fish sushi (3.5 syns). Mullerlight, coffee with SS milk (HEA).
Lunch: wafer thin ham, carrot and beetroot mixed salad. A mugshot.
Dinner: SW Salmon and Dill traybake, new potatoes, sugarsnap peas, butternut squash. Alpen light x 2 (HEB)
Snacks/sundries: SF Red Bull. Made a chocolate and guinness cake, definitely licked the spoon, a lot! (??? syns)
Total syns: ?

Friday:
Breakfast: banana. coffee with SS milk (HEA)
Lunch: wafer thin ham. strawberries.
Dinner: baked potato, butter buds (0.5 syns), baked beans, 2 x WW sausages (1 syns), 1 tblsp BBQ sauce (1 syn)
Snacks/sundries: made chocolate ganache icing for choc & guinness cake. Lots more spoon licking. (??? syns)
Total syns: ? No HEB today

Saturday:
Breakfast: banana
Lunch: mugshot. carrot sticks.
Dinner: Homemade SW Doner Kebab, salad, quark & mint dressing, wholemeal pitta (HEB)
Snacks/sundries: small slice choc & Guinness cake (??? syns)
Total syns: ? No HEA today

Sunday:
Breakfast: 1 x cup of tea with milk (HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns). An orange
Lunch: mixed salad, leftover kebab meat, potato salad made with leftover quark & mint dressing
Dinner: Homemade beef casserole, mixed veggies, potato and swede SW chips
Snacks/sundries: none
Total syns: 1.5 No HEB today

I drink 1.5-2 litres of water a day. All cooking is done in frylight. I'd rather have sugar/butter than sweetener/marg, and I always measure it out to make sure it doesn't get out of hand!

Morning all, last weeks food diary:

I had a good week, managing to stick to my flexi syn allowance for my regular fortnightly curry on Wednesday. And then Saturday came, when I was seduced by a big bar of Cadbury's Whole Nut!! A 200g bar which is 28 syns, ouch. Even with that my average daily syns over the week was 12.5, which is within the plan, but a little high for me, I usually try and stick to around 10.

So I got a STS this morning, which I guess is to be expected, but disappointing.

Monday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns)
Lunch: leftover homemade kebab meat with mixed salad and potato salad made with a quark & mint sauce dressing.
Dinner: SW Roasted Veg pesto pasta
Snacks/sundries: Alpen light x 2 (HEB), Cadbury's Wispa (10.5 syns)
Total syns: 12

Tuesday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns)
Lunch: leftover roasted veg pesto pasta with mixed salad. Pineapple.
Dinner: chicken breast filled with fat free fromage frais and garlic and coated in breadcrumbs (2 syns), rice, sugar snap peas, carrots
Snacks/sundries: strawberries. Alpen light x 2 (HEB)
Total syns: 3.5

Wednesday:
Lunch: Ham slices with mixed salad and potato salad made with a quark & mint sauce dressing. Strawberries
Dinner: meal out: Poppadom (4 syns), Raita (2 syns), chicken tikka (3.5 syns), Chicken Dupiaza (7 syns), 1/4 naan (5 syns), Rice, After Eight (2 syns)
Snacks/sundries: 2 x Alpen light (HEB).
Total syns: 23.5

Thursday:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns).
Lunch: Subway turkey breast and ham salad, grapes
Dinner: SW salmon fishcakes (0.5 syns), salad, sweet potato wedges
Snacks/sundries: 2 x Alpen light bars (HEB). Grapes
Total syns: 2

Friday:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (1/2 HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns).
Lunch: salmon, pasta, mixed salad
Dinner: SW BBQ Pulled Pork, Cheese (1/2 HEA), Brown Roll (HEB), SW Chips, salad
Snacks/sundries: Gin & tonic x 2 (6 syns)
Total syns: 7.5

Saturday:
Breakfast: Eggs x 2, beans, lean bacon x 2, toast (HEB), Tea with Milk (HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns)
Lunch: Banana
Dinner: Chicken, Noodles, stock, broccoli, carrots, peas, onions, red pepper
Snacks/sundries: Bacon with fat x 3 (6 syns), 200g bar Cadburys Whole Nut (28 syns)
Total syns: 35.5

Sunday:
Breakfast: coffee with milk (HEA)
Lunch: ham hock & lentil soup. Roast beef, parsnip, carrots, green beans, gravy (2 syns), cooking oil (HEB)
Dinner: Chicken, Noodles, stock, broccoli, carrots, peas, onions, red pepper
Snacks/sundries: grapes
Total syns: 2

I drink 1.5-2 litres of water a day. All cooking is done in frylight. I'd rather have sugar/butter than sweetener/marg, and I always measure it out to make sure it doesn't get out of hand!

I've got five weeks of entries to catch up on so I'll summarise 4 weeks and give you last weeks in detail lol

w/c 16.03.15 I didn't keep a food diary for some reason, from memory I was pretty lazy that week, I lost 1lb though so can't have been too bad!

w/c 23.03.15 Again I can't find my food diary for that week, another 1lb lost, this was in the period in March when I was really struggling and just not feeling it. It shows how important it is to my personal success that I keep a food diary.

w/c 30.03.15 was Easter week, we were away at a hotel in Torquay from Thursday to Monday, on half board. I knew that in my current lazy mood this could be a complete disaster, but I also knew how devastated I would be if I regained weight I had worked so hard to lose. So out came the food diary again! I was as good as I could possibly be and I did keep a detailed food diary. I had a couple of treats: a pudding after dinner on the Thursday night (waffle, choc sauce and icrecream, I couldn't finish it!) and a champagne cream tea on Sunday (one plain scone, cream, jam, one glass of champagne). However the rest of the time I managed to stay on plan (although syns were a little more on the high side than usual), and I also did 100 lengths in the pool over the 3 days to make up for the treats. So all in all I was feeling pretty proud of myself, and was very disappointed to get a 2lb gain when I weighed on the Tuesday morning.

w/c 07.04.15 As a result of the disappointing gain I had an "oh f*** it" day on the Tuesday and basically stuffed my face all day. And then felt rubbish. So, line drawn under it and straight back on it on the Wednesday. I had two extremely light eating days of around 750 calories on the Wednesday and Thursday, and then back to normal EE eating plan on Friday and the weekend. I don't know if the swimming I did over Easter weekend then caught up with me, but I got a 4lb loss that week. Super chuffed.

So here's last week's food diary. I was right on it last week. It was week one of a 5 week challenge I've set myself, to lose 13lbs and get to 13 stone by my birthday, which is 18 May. It's a tall order and I don't know whether I'll manage it but I'll give it my best shot. I was 100% on plan, upped my exercise from 3 sessions a week to 5, increased my water intake, and watched my portion sizes. I got a 4lb loss, so again, super chuffed!

Monday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (1/2 HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns)
Lunch: homemade chunky chicken soup: stock, chicken, potatoes, onions, carrots, pearl barley, lentils
Dinner: SW pulled pork sprinkled with grated cheese (1/2 HEA), new potatoes, mixed veg
Snacks/sundries: 2 x Alpen light (HEB), 250g Tesco fish sushi (4.5 syns)
Total syns: 6

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Overnight Oats: 30g porridge oats (HEB) with a mullerlight, strawberries, coffee with SS milk (HEA) and 1 sugar (1 syn)
Lunch: Sliced ham, banana, apple
Dinner: SW cottage pie, green beans, broccoli
Snacks/sundries: Alpen light x 1 (3 syns)
Total syns: 4

Wednesday:
Lunch: homemade chunky chicken soup: stock, chicken, potatoes, onions, carrots, pearl barley, lentils
Dinner: baked chicken and bacon, boiled potatoes, kale, carrots, broccoli
Snacks/sundries: 3 x Gordons premixed gin & slimline tonic cans (11 syns)
Total syns: 12.5. No HEB today

Thursday:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (1/2 HEA) and 1 sugar (1 syn).
Dinner: SW roasted veg pesto pasta with Low Low cheese (1/2 HEA)
Snacks/sundries: 1 x Alpen light bar (HEB), with half an Options (1 syn) mixed with quark. 250g Tesco fish sushi (4.5 syns)
Total syns: 6.5

Friday:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana, black coffee
Lunch: ham slices, salad, new potatoes, strawberries
Dinner: sausages (6 syns), potato salad with LTL mayo (1.5 syns), salad
Snacks/sundries: apple & cheese (HEA). 100ml gin (10 syns) & slimline tonic. 1 x Alpen light (HEB)
Total syns: 17.5

Saturday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, orange, strawberries, black coffee
Lunch: chicken slices, salad and 1tblsp LTL mayo (0.5 syns) in 2 slices brown bread (HEB)
Dinner: Chicken, mushrooms, onions, curry sauce (1 syn), rice, 1 x Aldi poppadum (2 syns), mango chutney 1tblsp (1 syns)
Snacks/sundries: tea with milk (HEA) and 1 sugar (1 syn). An apple.
Total syns: 5.5

Sunday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, banana, strawberries, tea with milk (HEA)
Lunch: jacket potato, baked beans, salad
Dinner: homemade beef casserole, potato, swede, broccoli
Snacks/sundries: strawberries, 2 x Alpen light (HEB). Gin 25ml (2.5 syns) and slimline tonic
Total syns: 2.5

Total syns for the week: 54.5 out of max 105

Morning my lovelies, here's last week's food diary. I was 100% on plan and kept up my workouts as well, I'm now doing 5 x 35 minute workouts a week.

Quite disappointing therefore to weigh this morning and get a STS, given that I had pretty much an identical week to last week when I lost 4lbs.

I have been feeling bloated and sore since last night though, so I suspect it may be star week (I have a Merina Coil which stops all 'visible signs' so I can never tell). So it's chin up and hoping it shows on the scales next week.

I perhaps need to inject some breakfast variety as it has gotten a little monotonous, quite hard to do when I eat at my desk but I'll give it a go this week. I've also realized I'm not always using up my Healthy Extra's, as I'll only have milk in my morning coffee, or only have one Alpen bar, and count them as the whole Healthy Extra.
`
Monday:
Lunch: h/m potato salad (1 syn for LTL Mayo), salmon, mixed salad leaves
Dinner: chicken, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, peas
Snacks/sundries: 1 x Alpen light (HEB), a pear
Total syns: 1

Tuesday:
Lunch: h/m potato salad (1 syn for LTL Mayo), chicken, mixed salad leaves
Dinner: SW salmon tray bake with new potatoes, mange tout, tomatoes, red onions
Snacks/sundries: Alpen light x 1 (HEB). A pear. Jelly sweets (2 syns), 2 segments choc orange (5 syns)
Total syns: 8

Wednesday:
Lunch: pasta, salmon, mixed salad leaves
Dinner: 2 butchers burgers (14 syns?), cauliflower, broccoli, carrots
Snacks/sundries: a pear
Total syns: 14. No HEB today

Thursday:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (1/2 HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns).
Lunch: couscous with coriander and red onion, mixed salad, grated cheese (1/2 HEA)
Dinner: 2 x SW sausages, SW mash, peas, sweetcorn, gravy (2 syns)
Snacks/sundries: 1 x Alpen light bar (HEB)
Total syns: 3.5

Friday:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (1/2 HEA)
Lunch: brown roll (HEB), 2 eggs, baked beans, 10g butter (4 syns)
Dinner: SW pulled pork, sweet potato chips, broccoli, grated cheese (1/2 HEA)
Snacks/sundries: apple, orange, mini flake (3.5 syns), h/m chicken noodle soup with broccoli, red pepper, sweetcorn
Total syns: 7.5

Saturday:
Lunch: h/m chicken noodle soup with broccoli, red pepper, sweetcorn
Dinner: rice, lentil dahl, vegetable curry (cooking oil as HEB)
Snacks/sundries: strawberries
Total syns: 1.5

Sunday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, banana, strawberries, apple, peppermint tea
Lunch: h/m chicken noodle soup with broccoli, red pepper, sweetcorn
Dinner: h/m burgers, cheese (HEA), brown roll (HEB), SW chips, mixed salad, BBQ sauce (1 syn)
Snacks/sundries: tea with milk & sugar (1.5 syns), 44g Maltesers (11 syns), 2 x choc chip cookie (5 syns)
Total syns: 18.5

Total syns for the week: 54 out of max 105

I drink 2-2.5 litres of water a day. All cooking is done in frylight. I'd rather have sugar/butter than sweetener/marg, and I always measure it out to make sure it doesn't get out of hand!

Hi lentil :)

Here's last week's food diary :)

After being absolutely 100% on plan, including lots of body magic, the week before last I had a hugely disappointing STS last week. That always makes my motivation really struggle, and I made it through Monday but lapsed on Tuesday! I was away running a training course all day and there was a catered lunch; I could have gone for the salad bar but, needless to say, I didn't. Ho hum. I was straight back on it on Wednesday though and managed to stick to plan for the rest of the week despite some challenges!

On Friday night we had a Chinese takeaway with friends. Looking up what I would normally have, which, between my partner and I, would be beef in black bean sauce, chicken chow mein, egg fried rice, crispy duck pancakes, sweet & sour chicken balls, and satay chicken on skewers, I was shocked by both how much I ate and how many syns I got through in one meal!! With the help of my SW literature and my kitchen weighing scales I managed to keep it low syn (6 in total) and still have a big enough plate of food to feel like I wasn't missing out. I haven't had Chinese since 5th January when I got properly back on the wagon, and it was yummmmm!

On Saturday we went to the Cuckoo Fair in Downton near Salisbury, then back to friends for a party and evening meal to celebrate a birthday, and stayed there the night. This would normally involve drinking all day from about noon and lots of naughty food! I prepared myself with a SW style cooked breakfast before I went, so when everyone else had fish&chips for lunch I wasn't that hungry and had a banana and an alpen light bar that I'd taken with me. Dinner was pretty healthy anyway thanks to my lovely hostess, veggie chilli with butternut squash & pine nut couscous and salad. I skipped my HEA and had a second HEB to allow for any cooking oil and synned the pine nuts, otherwise it was pretty much a free meal. I limited myself to 4 G&T's, and stuck to diet coke or water in between. I also managed to avoid the birthday cake!

So I've been unusually disciplined in the face of adversity this week, I've even surprised myself at my willpower! Slipping up on Tuesday actually helped with that as I thought the only way I had a chance at a loss was to be good for the rest of the week in compensation. I'm pretty motivated at the moment, I've now done 3 weeks of my 5 week challenge to get down to 13 stone for my birthday (18 May), which meant a loss of 13lbs in 5 weeks. I've lost 7lbs, and now have two weeks to lose the other 6lbs. It's a tall order and I may not manage it but I'll give it a bloody good go. I'll probably do a couple of SP days this week.

I've had a few days this week where I haven't managed to eat my HEB: must try harder.

I've included my body magic efforts for the first time this week. If you're wondering what rebounding is, it's a workout on a mini trampoline; high enough impact to burn and tone but easy on the joints :) If you search mini's for rebounding you will probably find my thread on it :)

I lost 3lbs last week so I'm really happy with that.

Monday:
Breakfast: apple, banana, coffee with SS milk (HEA) and one sugar (1 syn)
Lunch: wafer thin ham, mixed salad leaves
Dinner: beef with onions, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli
Snacks/sundries: 1 x Alpen light (HEB), strawberries, 1/2 a Costa caramel shortbread (10 syns)
Total syns: 11
Body Magic: 35 minutes rebounding

Tuesday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (HEA) and one sugar (1 syn)
Lunch: Lunch out: lasagne (?? syns), salad, lemon drizzle cake (?? syns), biscuits (?? syns)
Dinner: banana
Snacks/sundries: chocolate chip cookies! (?? syns)
Total syns: who knows lol
Body Magic: none

Wednesday:
Breakfast: orange, apple, coffee with SS milk (HEA)
Lunch: sushi (4 syns)
Dinner: roast chicken, new potatoes, mixed veg, gravy (1 syn)
Snacks/sundries: none
Total syns: 5. No HEB today

Thursday:
Breakfast: Banana, coffee with SS milk (HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns)
Lunch: wafer thin ham, a boiled egg, mixed salad, Asda Mediterranean Vegetable Couscous Break (1.5 syns)
Dinner: SW chilli (with quorn), rice
Snacks/sundries: gin & tonic x 1 (3 syns)
Total syns: 6. No HEB today

Friday:
Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana, coffee with SS milk (HEA) and 1.5 sugars (1.5 syns)
Lunch: wafer thin ham, salad, Asda Mediterranean Vegetable Couscous Break (1.5 syns)
Dinner: Chinese takeaway: Beef with green peppers in black bean sauce 285g (4 syns), Chicken chow Mein 100g (2 syns), plain boiled rice
Snacks/sundries:
Total syns: 7.5. No HEB today

Saturday:
Breakfast: 1 slice wholemeal toast (1/2 HEB), baked beans, bacon (all fat removed), mushrooms, 2 eggs in frylight. Tea with 1/2 sugar (0.5 syns)
Lunch: banana, alpen light x 1 (1/2 HEB)
Dinner: Meal out: veggie chilli, butternut squash & pine nut couscous (4 syns for pine nuts), green salad, tomatoes. Any cooking oil accounted for as a HEB.
Snacks/sundries: G&T x 4 (12 syns)
Total syns: 16.5. No HEA today 2 x HEB instead
Body Magic: 45 minutes moderate walking

Sunday:
Breakfast: mullerlight, banana, strawberries, tea with milk (1/2 HEA) and one sugar (1 syn)
Lunch: apple and cheese (1/2 HEA)
Dinner: big mixed salad, wafer thin ham, h/m tomato pasta salad (2 syns), 1 slice garlic bread (2.5 syns)
Snacks/sundries: 1 x Alpen light (HEB)
Total syns: 5.5

I drink 2-2.5 litres of water a day. All cooking is done in frylight. I'd rather have sugar/butter than sweetener/marg, and I always measure it out to make sure it doesn't get out of hand!

Last edited:
Back