My exante/atkins alternate day diary!

Hi Wwsindy,

Yes, today is a full week on the diet. Before I was easing my way into it. I've had my ups and downs, but today's been a lot better than yesterday. I was starving for most of yesterday for some reason so just accepted it and ate protein and extra bars on the plan. At least I've not eaten the wrong thing.

How is everyone? BB - I am so amazed at your dedication. I hope the OH appreciates all that you are doing for your special day.

Well done to you KP a week Is a lifetime in the very early days! Hav you had your 1st weigh in yet? Mine Is on Monday but I cant help weighin myself everyday!

BB Its things like that keep you motivated, you hav to hav some treats, I had to go to subway this evening and then the chippy for the family, the smell of the vinegar on the chips was devine!! Dont kno how i resisted, sure they wud have been yummy but within 20 mins I wud hav felt like crap for eating them! :p

That's true skill! I could never go into the chip shop while on this plan. Not in a million years. X

OMG I could NEVER go into a chip shop at the moment. When I get off the train after work I can smell the fish and chip shop across the road and that is bad enough for me. Also, in Dewsbury where I work there are a number of delicious smelling takeaways and indian restaurants. The smell of bbqs in Summer drives me crazy too! I don't know about everyone else but my sense of smell seems to have bcome much, much stronger - I can smell food a mile off! Makes me even prouder to have at last - in about a week - to have managed a 100% day!

I had to stop myself reaching for a chip as i Just do it automatically, I realise I do that alot without even thinking god knows how many cals I consume without realising, this diet really makes u Think about the way you eat and what you eat! :D

OMG I could NEVER go into a chip shop at the moment. When I get off the train after work I can smell the fish and chip shop across the road and that is bad enough for me. Also, in Dewsbury where I work there are a number of delicious smelling takeaways and indian restaurants. The smell of bbqs in Summer drives me crazy too! I don't know about everyone else but my sense of smell seems to have bcome much, much stronger - I can smell food a mile off! Makes me even prouder to have at last - in about a week - to have managed a 100% day!

Well done Lynne on sticking 100% I luv the smell of bbq's too!

Ba**ards! Sobbing my way through Paul O'Grady for the love of dogs, some people need a good smacking for they way they treat animals! I'd love to get my hands on some of them. I love this show but it can be so sad! X

Omg been so busy today. Had a bar and a soup for breakfast and lunch and after my last appointment I'm going for a 6km run then off to the pub for dinner with O/H friends, am having chicken and salad, really looking forward to it! X

Hope you enjoyed your run and enjoy your meal out

Thanks shrimp! I would call the run a fail, got 3.5k into it and had to give up, was so out of puff. But the dinner was a roaring success in that I had chicken spit roasted (it was yummy!) and a garden salad. Xx

Thanks shrimp! I would call the run a fail, got 3.5k into it and had to give up, was so out of puff. But the dinner was a roaring success in that I had chicken spit roasted (it was yummy!) and a garden salad. Xx

Sounds delish! If Its Any consolation I cudnt even run 3.5 km, good luck for your WI over the weekend :)

I was going to weigh in today, a day early, as I have to weigh in next Saturday, but I'm too scared to! I know it's my stall week, every part of my body is telling me its my stall Week. So I will weigh in tomorrow and then hide the scales until next Saturday.

Next weekend is my friends wedding and I'm now starting to get really worried about it. I really don't want to knock myself put of ketosis, and with a set menu it's inevitable. I won't drink but it'll still take me a few days to get back in and what if it derails me off plan completely and I keep picking and cheating and I never get back on :( the only thing I can think to do is try and pick at it, eat some of what's there but not all and try not to offend the hosts! I've already told the girls that I can't eat the pudding as sugar makes me quite ill now so they said they'd eat that, hopefully I can give it to one of them!

Maybe you should stay 100% until your friend's wedding and then enjoy the day. You've already sorted not eating the pudding so just eat the first 2 courses but dont eat any bread, potatoes etc and make sure you stay off the alcohol.

I was going to weigh in today, a day early, as I have to weigh in next Saturday, but I'm too scared to! I know it's my stall week, every part of my body is telling me its my stall Week. So I will weigh in tomorrow and then hide the scales until next Saturday.

Next weekend is my friends wedding and I'm now starting to get really worried about it. I really don't want to knock myself put of ketosis, and with a set menu it's inevitable. I won't drink but it'll still take me a few days to get back in and what if it derails me off plan completely and I keep picking and cheating and I never get back on :( the only thing I can think to do is try and pick at it, eat some of what's there but not all and try not to offend the hosts! I've already told the girls that I can't eat the pudding as sugar makes me quite ill now so they said they'd eat that, hopefully I can give it to one of them!

Do you know what the set menu Is? Hopefully there will be salad or something for starter, and then you could Just hav the meat for mains, I kno Its scary the thought of undoing all your good work, goodluck x

No idea what's on the menu unfortunately, the bride wanted to keep it a secret :( which makes it a little harder.

Oh we'll I just have to be really really strong the next day and maybe do a pure protein day to get myself back into ketosis.

Went for a 4km run after dinner, weigh in tomorrow! Really really think its going to be a stall though xx

No idea what's on the menu unfortunately, the bride wanted to keep it a secret :( which makes it a little harder.

Oh we'll I just have to be really really strong the next day and maybe do a pure protein day to get myself back into ketosis.

Went for a 4km run after dinner, weigh in tomorrow! Really really think its going to be a stall though xx

Good luck I hope you have a good loss, x you really deserve it

Good luck with tomorrow's weigh in.

Oh balls I knew I'd have a bad week, only 1lb off. It's ok though I know it's water and everyone's bodies do this on a vlcd, I measured and I lost inches. Next week should (touch wood) be a better loss. X

Oh balls I knew I'd have a bad week, only 1lb off. It's ok though I know it's water and everyone's bodies do this on a vlcd, I measured and I lost inches. Next week should (touch wood) be a better loss. X

Yea ur right, Any loss Is good, I wouldn't worry, the important thing Is not to let it put u off! Thats what always happens to be I expect miracles and then go off the rails and end up putting on 10lbs! Keep at it ur doin great BB xx

Thanks hun! How are you getting on? I've been a bit naughty. Have got a lot to do today and in the middle of church I got a stinking migraine! And with my horse tranquillisers that I have on prescription you either eat with them or bring them back up lol. So I grabbed a sausage in a nap from the farmers market while I was picking up daddy's Father's Day hamper. Naughty but not the end of the world as its was only 30g carbs so as long as I have say chicken breast for dinner and keep myself under the 60g carb mark I should be ok. O/H ate half of it too so it wasn't really bad. Feel better for eating it and it means my tablets will work better. Xx

Thanks hun! How are you getting on? I've been a bit naughty. Have got a lot to do today and in the middle of church I got a stinking migraine! And with my horse tranquillisers that I have on prescription you either eat with them or bring them back up lol. So I grabbed a sausage in a nap from the farmers market while I was picking up daddy's Father's Day hamper. Naughty but not the end of the world as its was only 30g carbs so as long as I have say chicken breast for dinner and keep myself under the 60g carb mark I should be ok. O/H ate half of it too so it wasn't really bad. Feel better for eating it and it means my tablets will work better. Xx

Half a sausage shudnt do Any harm! I ran out of bars so i had some slim fast ones and knocked myself out of ketosis! Just being really good today and expecting my delivery 2mo :). Hav my first official weigh in 2mo fi.ding it bars but Im getting used to saying no to meself!! Are u tesco bars you use ok for ketosis? X

Back