My exante/atkins alternate day diary!

Hi everyone! I ordered my 6 weeks supply on ****** on Monday and I am dying!!! To get started.

Basically I've been doing atkins and have had some good success on it. Only problem is I've found it hard to stick to lately I think that's because I'm getting bored of meat a lot of the time. Still love the plan but need something new. I did the Cambridge diet years ago when I only had a bit to lose and loved it! Unfortunately an unexpected problem and meds meant I gained it all back and then an extra 2 stone :( I tried to redo it 2 years ago but was so disappointed, my councillor had moved and the next one nearest me was just awful! An appointment took barely 10 minutes, she spent most of it talking about herself and then charged me an extortionate amount for products. Needless to stay I only did it for about 3 weeks before I just couldn't stand her any longer. I looked at LL but didn't like the idea of group counselling.

So with 1 year to go before my wedding I started atkins. I dropped two dress sizes, had loads of energy and it stopped all my binging, sugar cravings and depression so was taken off my meds!! Yay!

Now I've discovered exante, I wish I'd known about it ages ago as its so affordable and no blinking middle man to see.

I can't do the full plan unfortunately because I have been training for a 10k I have in 8 weeks and have a physical job and a toning DVD I do daily which I don't want to give up, so I thought I'd use the packs to do a sort of alternate day diet, but on the days I eat, instead of eating anything I want I will stick to an atkins style diet of greens and meat/fish. This way on the days I run I can make sure it's an eat day and I won't risk ruining my time.

Hopeful this will give me the final kick I need. If it doesn't work then I will switch over to total solutions but want to try a week this way first.

Now where is my blimmin order!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there :) Instead of doing Atkins why not try doing Exante's Working Solution or Simple Solution? They allow you to have a low carb meal on top of your packs which will give you the extra calories you need and you will still lose weight at a good rate. At least then you'd know you were still getting the full amount of nutrients the packs give you with some flexibility with food.

Hi there :) Instead of doing Atkins why not try doing Exante's Working Solution or Simple Solution? They allow you to have a low carb meal on top of your packs which will give you the extra calories you need and you will still lose weight at a good rate. At least then you'd know you were still getting the full amount of nutrients the packs give you with some flexibility with food.

Hi jael! I was debating on that but was worried it wouldn't be enough because I run/walk on average 7k 3/4 times a week and do a 45 minute toning DVD everyday, I wasn't sure if all that would make me hungry and make me pick and technically not do the plan very well. But I am looking at it, if that first week doesn't work (less then 3lb weight loss) ill switch over to total/working solutions :) I'm just scared of the carbs! I haven't eaten over 20g of carbs a day for a while and the idea of eating 60g+ is quite terrifying xx

I know carbs can be scary if you've had so little for so long but this diet works, even with the 60g of carbs a day on Total Solution, just look at the diaries :) Unless you're particularly carb-sensitive you should still lose a great amount on this plan.

I know carbs can be scary if you've had so little for so long but this diet works, even with the 60g of carbs a day on Total Solution, just look at the diaries :) Unless you're particularly carb-sensitive you should still lose a great amount on this plan.

There have been some amazing loses! Very inspiring and really spurred me on to order it. I think I'll have a look at the working solutions and see if I can do that instead. Xx

Day 1 on Exante!!

My order just arrived yay! And after checking everything was there (minus a book a few people have mentioned, do I need the book?) I decided to try a vanilla shake. Mainly because I detested the Cambridge diet vanilla shakes and I thought I'd get what might be the worst out of the way, and secondly because I could add coffee. I made it up with about twice as much water and crushed ice because I don't like shakes too thick. The verdict? A definite win, not bad on its own but when I added coffee it tastes just like a soy milk iced latte! Chuffed. Now I just need to finish it in 20 minutes, I'm a terribly slow drinker and from what I remember these sort of shakes don't last well.

Thai chicken soup is yummy. I spilt in half because I'm off for a run soon so I thought I'd have half before then half when I get back and then a late dinner xx

So day one is nearly over. I should have trusted my gut instinct and not gone for my run, but I went round the lake and half way round the heavens opened up! Hail, thunder, lightening and lots of rain!!! I hope the theory about burning more calories when your cold is right!

Breakfast: vanilla shake with ice and coffee, nice I'd give it 5/10

Lunch: Thai chicken soup, split in half with more water, very good! Put paprika in the second lot and was yummy, 7/10

Dinner: pasta carbonara, not bad! Put a little too much water in it though so was very very watery. Has a nice Cheesy smokey flavour, added pepper and was very filling! 8/10 would have been higher if it wasn't soooo thin, so will probably be a near 10 when I reduce the water

Lots of water and haven't felt hungry all day, winner!!

Roll on day two.

Day 2 on exante

Decided to make the porridge biscuits to take to work to have with my coffee, added some cinnamon too. Must admit they smell very odd cooking and I think I made them a little too thick but oh well!

I'm having a tescos ultra bar for lunch and then a soup for dinner, probably mushroom.

Looking forward to my weigh in next week I already feel lighter

Day 2

Breakfast: porridge biscuits - not bad but I think I made them too thick. Will spread them out more next time, but I liked the cinnamon added so will try nutmeg too. 5/10

Lunch: tesco ultra slim raspberry bar - is amazing! I had it with a peppermint tea at costa during a lunch date and didn't feel Deprived at all. 10/10

Dinner: 1/2 vegetable soup with slim noodles - liked the soup and the noodles were nice and filling, odd texture but I must admit I liked them. 7/10

Snack: 1/2 tomato soup - I had to try it, so instead of having the other half of my vegetable soup I sealed it up and opened the tomato. It's official, I am strange! Everyone else hates the tomato soup but with a bit of fresh basil and black pepper and I loved it. Always make it up with more water then the pack suggests as I like it thin. 7/10

I quite like the soups so far only have the mushroom to try. I make a paste first with a little water and a dressings whisk then add the boiling water a little at a time with lots of whisking and I haven't had any trouble with lumps, I'm sure it's the whisk.

Lots of water, but of a nasty headache :( but still not been a bad day, was a tad hungry though at around 4pm so was glad I was at work.

Day three tomorrow!

Lol I've been tempted to split the shakes for a difference before too but haven't bothered!

I found nutmeg in my cupboard yesterday that I do not remember buying so will be trying that in the porridge soon lol glad your doing so well =)

Thanks chelly! I can only hope to do as well as you.

Day 3 - up day/atkins

Day three was my atkins day, wasn't very hungry to stuck to salad and fish for dinner, chicken for lunch and eggs for breakfast. Kind of miss exante lol! Went for a run also.

Day 4 exante

Back on exante today. Woke up late though so missed breakfast :( not the best thing to do I know but I was literally a run out of the door with my travel make up bag affair. Have an ultra slim bar for lunch and then will have soup for dinner. Don't know where to fit the other pack in though as I finish at 6 and don't want to eat two packs in the space of 4 hours. Hmmmmm not sure if I can get through the whole day on 1 bar though so a tad stuck. Lots of water it is! Xx

You should have just ate your bar on the way to work (or where ever you were going) and then had your pack later! An just push your dinner pack back a bit! It won't make any difference your loss =)

I would have but I have to eat the bars at work because there is literally no way of making soups or shakes up here :( oh well I think I'll make porridge biscuits when I get home and treat them as a desert type thing after my soup. Maybe then my brain won't think I'm over doing it lol. X

Yeah good thinking and use them as like a little supper =)

Day 5 exante

I'm off to Thorpe park! Yay!! So just having my first strawberry shake, it's very nice I think it might be my favourite. Taking an ultra slim bar for lunch while at the park and will have carbonara when I get back :) lots of walking on the bill. X

Have a brilliant time!!

I'm hoping to plan a trip to Alton towers next year lol

Ok well I've had a busy three days. Thorpe park in Friday while doing exante was a bad bad idea! I felt so ill after two rides, was literally white and felt faint so ended up eating lunch which isn't great I know but it was either that or leave the park. After I sat down and had lunch I felt much better and went on all the rides I love three times an then worked my way round the park :)

Yesterday was a friends hen do so that was always going to be a write off. We got a hummer limo to hoarcross hall spa and spent the day there then went out in the evening. Had no breakfast and a healthy spa lunch but plenty of champagne, tried to avoid it but she looked so upset that I was dieting on her special day.

On the plus side to all this I lost 3lbs despite all the bad behaviour which I'm really pleased with, ESP since I started exante straight off the back of atkins so was already in ketosis and had lost my water weight.

Going to do a solid exante week as of Monday as all the parties are out of the way for the next 5 weeks and the OH is away on business xx

Back