my favourite foods on slimming world

sweet-like-coco

I still have not started slimming world as I am abroad but I know i will be doing red and green days from what I have read. How would i incorporate my favorite foods into the plan?

1) Tuna with egg and mayo

could i have this on a red day and use my syns for the mayo?

2)spag bol

could i do a wholewheat version of this and have it on either a red or green day?

3) burger and chips

which day would i have this on? red or green?

also how does starbucks work for syns? i usually have a tall skinny caramel macchiato and at xmas a tall skinny toffee nut late. does anyone know the syns?

Thank you

sweet-like-coco said:
I still have not started slimming world as I am abroad but I know i will be doing red and green days from what I have read. How would i incorporate my favorite foods into the plan?

1) Tuna with egg and mayo

could i have this on a red day and use my syns for the mayo?

2)spag bol

could i do a wholewheat version of this and have it on either a red or green day?

3) burger and chips

which day would i have this on? red or green?

also how does starbucks work for syns? i usually have a tall skinny caramel macchiato and at xmas a tall skinny toffee nut late. does anyone know the syns?

Thank you

Tuna with egg and Mayo; fine on red, just syn the Mayo- Extra light mayonnaise is 0.5 syn per tbsp.

Spaghetti bolognese; free if you use frylight for your onions, pasatta or chopped toms for the sauce, quorn mince- and any pasta on a green day :) or use lean beef mince and wholemeal pasta (as a b choice) on a red day!

Burger and chips; use a quorn burger and then have some slimming world chips- low in syns (sweet onion and beef style quorn burgers are half a syn). Use a healthy extra b choice for a wholemeal roll...

Regarding Starbucks- no idea! I know that if you have a Costa 'Light', a small one is about 3 syns? Not sure about Starbucks but there might be a thread in here somewhere :)

Just to add that your tuna need to be in brine rather than oil for it to be free on the red plan

Also mince needs to be extra lean rather than lean - that is less than 5% fat. Anything higher in fat needs to be synned.

Not sure if you can get quorn where you are - your profile still says you are in Kent - so that may not be an option for you. If so there are are other meatfree possibilities but it sounds like you would be better doing extra easy where both carbs and meats are syn free.

And Starbucks has the nutritional info for all their foods and drinks on their website - you can work out the syns using 1 syn for every 20 calories

Hi, you can have a tall skinny latte from Starbucks if you use your hexa. Re the caramel flavour - only if they have the sugar free version which I believe is free. So it looks like you can have all your favourite foods :)

Back