My favourite tea - Whats yours?

I have 2 faves at the moment, first is:

chicken breast stuffed with 1tbsp ex light soft cheese with garlic & herbs, all wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven, served on mashed potatoes and mixed veg - 1.5 syns for the cheese. Absolutely delish!

My other fave, which I have for lunch today as left overs from last night, is my chicken, prawn & chorizo (2 syns per portion) paella. mmmmmmmm
4547445361_1a9394341c.jpg

That look lovely! whats the recipe?

There are some great ideas here not least the kebab one!!! My favourite meal is new potaoes, salad ( lots of onion, radish and beetroot )with steak cooked with cherry tomatoes. Had this last night the tomatoes cook down to create a lovely sauce yumm

That look lovely! whats the recipe?

Paella

Serves 4

200g chicken (boneless and skinless), cut into bitesize pieces
fry light spray
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed (I use lazy garlic cos I’m lazy)
sea salt and ground black pepper
100g chorizo, diced
1/2 tsp paprika
200g paella rice
1/2 tsp saffron strands
3 large tomatoes/6 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
200g raw king prawns
200g peas, thawed if frozen

Vegetable stock

· Heat frylight in pan.

· Add onion, red pepper, and garlic. Saute over a high heat for a few minutes until the vegetables start to soften.

· Season the chicken with salt and pepper then add to the pan with the chorizo and paprika.

· Fry, stirring frequently, over a high heat to lightly seal the meat.

· Tip in the rice and stir for 2 or 3 minutes, then pour over enough vegetable stock to cover the rice by 1cm.

· Bring to a simmer then sprinkle in the saffron, stirring well.

· Add the tomatoes

· Allow to simmer, stirring frequently, for about 10-12 minutes.

· Add the prawns and stir through. Cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes, until prawns are opaque.

· Stir in the peas and cook for a further minute.

· Take off the heat, cover with foil and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.

is there a pitta bread as a HEXB?
I didnt know that!

bum :( but thanks !

Back