The 100lb Diary

Oh it was amazing, there's a bit of a peanut butter obsession in the family. It was so sickly but a good cake should be ;) but my brother lives about 100 miles away and fortunately took most of the cake home with him, although I think my sister in law claimed most of it lol.

I'm exactly the same with clothes, all leggings, jeggings and tunics! Thinking I might get a pair of proper jeans soon though as I've lost a bit and can probably buy a normal size now.

Night at the races sounds great! Definitely enjoy yourself and don't worry about plan, you've done so well with it you deserve a treat. I find a good hangover food is use HeB for bread/roll/thin with SW sausages, dry fried onions and poached eggs, or just a good SW fry up :)

On an unrelated note, day 2 of 10k steps accomplished!
Screenshot_20170520-203058.png

Well done on the steps, that's fantastic! I'm the same with the clothes, but don't really want to spend a load of money when I've still so much weight to lose. I think I'll wait for the jeans! Actually tried on a couple of tops I've not worn in ages and they fit pretty good now, so I think I'll treat myself to a new top for Friday night and then wait for the rest of the wardrobe.

I bought the puffy hula hoops, gonna have a bag now while I watch the match.

Stir fry planned for tonight, so exciting... Hope you're having a great weekend.

It's always nice getting back into old clothes, I haven't had that happen yet - I put the weight on REALLY quickly so most of my wardrobe is size 10-12 or what I've been wearing for the last 6 months and very little in between.

I didn't think the weekend had gone too badly but my scales think differently, they are up 2lb from yesterday... I had a few syns over on Saturday night which I planned for but my cals in were lower than cals out. Had my sisters birthday yesterday and she decided on takeaway pizza for lunch, I ordered salad and had 2 small slices and havnt eaten the cake they gave me (actually might put that on the bird table so I can't eat it). I went on the treadmill twice when I came home including 2.5k jogging. Didnt feel like cooking after but was starving so had a ready meal with salad around 10.30-11pm. Syns weren't great but consumed a lot less than I burned. Hopefully the gain is just temporary from eating so late, or maybe water retention from the exercise or from high salt intake yesterday...

Hope WI goes ok today :)

Lost 2.4lbs so I got my 3 stone and also (just) into the 13 stone bracket, so double yay!

Oh, that's too many birthdays and too much cake temptation, I dunno if I could resist, haha. That's great work on the jogging too, I seem to have given up on the treadmill again, I will get back to it soon!

Yeah, no doubt that couple of lbs will be gone before you weigh in on Friday, same thing happened to me the other week, it was a bit of a delayed reaction but it's gone now. You'll be fine.

Can't remember the last time I could fit in a size 10-12, maybe one day! At least you have a whole wardrobe waiting for you when you get to target.

Hiya, just wanted to drop in and wish you luck for your weigh in tomorrow. Hope you're having a better week than I am with the food...

That's fantastic well done! And in the 13st bracket! You must be so happy you've done really well with SW :)
Thanks for popping on to wish me luck, unfortunately I gained half a pound this week, glad it wasn't more because I can at least still tell myself I've lost 2 stone. It was a bit of a stressful week, I did end up giving in to the that cake after I posted here (well, actually I ate both slices but they lasted 4 days) and I've been getting more complacent with plan anyway so I definitely deserved the gain. I'm feeling quite determined to get it off though so hopefully it will re-focus me for a while.
I don't know why I seem to have lost steam with it, I just keep picking at things that I know I'll forget to log (handful of Mikado sticks, just a forkful of cake, a pinch of mozzarella, the odd babybel) if it was occasional I'd probably be all right but I'll do it almost every time I'm in the kitchen now. The only thing that's changed is I've drunk a lot less tea/coffee to save my HexA for other things... Perhaps the hot drinks were helping me not to pick at food/making me feel fuller?

Oh, a half lb gain is not that bad, you can definitely have a good loss next week! It might just give you a boost too, it's worked for me when I've had days off plan...

There's a point you get to where the losses have slowed down and it can be a struggle to keep going, that's what happened with me a few years ago. I'm so desperate not to fall off the wagon again!

I'm gonna be back on it tomorrow, will get my Tesco order done today and make sure there are no more tempting foods in the house. But for today I'll enjoy my hangover, haha!

Hope you can get back on track too. Fingers crossed for both of us!!!

I'm aiming for a couple of pounds off this week, it'd be nice to be able to add '30% there' to my sig! I've been really careful not to mindlessly snack in the kitchen, I either get food and take it to another room or make something like fruit salad and stick it in the fridge for later.
I understand what you mean, I fell off the wagon so many times in the year before I joined SW - half the time before I'd even got on it properly! Just need to keep reminding ourselves it'll be worth it in the end!
How was the night at the races by the way?

Yeah, it was good fun. No winners for me unfortunately but it was an absolute scorcher of a day so I still had a good time!

Definitely back on it tomorrow, and hopefully back on the treadmill too! Couldn't face a walk today...

You can definitely lose 2 lbs by Friday, that's a great motivation to have.

Ah shame about the no wins but at least you had a good time! Glad you're feeling positive about getting back on track :) Eurgh no way exercise is horrendous with a hangover! How was your weigh in today?

I was quite pleased with myself yesterday, we got invited out short notice to meet some friends at the country park and decided we should make it a BBQ as it's not often the while group gets together. I stuck to fruit, 2 homemade veg & halloumi skewers, a couple of SW sausages (no bread) and one BBQ'd fruit skewer. I know cooked fruit should be synned but I'm not counting it lol, I resisted all the 'naughty' BBQ food so synning fruit felt unfair, used them for some rum and coke zero instead. After we went to watch a storm that came along the coast, it went on all night we didn't come home until dawn!
Off to visit family tomorrow, back on Wednesday. Really looking forward to it but not sure how it's going to fit with SW... They do know me and mum are doing SW but I don't know if we'll be going out to eat at any point. I think I'll need to play it by ear, if we do go out I only really need a few minutes notice to check menu's online etc first so I should be able to keep mostly to plan. I think the biggest challenge for me is going to be resisting Burger King at the motorway Services on the way, I do love a BK and our nearest one is 40 odd miles away so very rarely get the chance! Anyhow, enough rambling for one post!

Small gain, only 0.4lbs, so I really can't complain. Back on track now, trying to cut down on the chocolate this week to make up for being so bad last week.

You did well with the BBQ, I'm not sure I could resist that much temptation at the minute. Glad you enjoyed yourself though. Definitely wouldn't bother synning the fruit either.

Had a banging headache the last few days, I think maybe it's sugar withdrawal! Still waiting to have my tea, I'm so hungry. Cottage pie with peas tonight, can't wait.

Hope you're having a good day!

Ah that's not too bad, you've probably already got rid of that!
Hope the headache's have cleared up now :)

So to sum up my little trip away, I was a naughty on the food but I could have easily been so much worse so I guess I'm pleased with how I handled it. On the way we stopped for food/coffee/toilet/vape, everyone else had Mcdonalds for breakfast (this was hard, I have NEVER turned down a double sausage & egg Mcmuffin before!) with Starbucks lattes, I had my homemade salad and regular coffee from my thermos when we went back to the car. We all went to the Malls when we got there, again more coffee shops, ice cream stands and so on and all I caved into was a small cappucino, I think they're usually lower syns/cals than lattes right?
Then dinner... Well, my sister picked Gourmet Burger Kitchen. I did look at the salad and I REALLY wanted to have the discipline to order one but I just couldn't go through with it, I had a burger and sweet potato fries, and a milkshake after :whip:
We went back to the house, put on a film, passed around sweets and popcorn (to be fair I hardly touched those, I was still bloated from dinner) and had a fruit cider each.
Struggled to get back on it yesterday when I came home, purely because I hadn't bothered to do any fresh food shopping before I went and the fruit salad I made the day before had gone off. A trip to Sainsbury's last night sorted that and I'm all good today, got salad, fruit salad and quark pudding all made in the fridge :)

Just a 1/2lb off this week, but at least that's last weeks gain gone :)

Ah well done having a loss at all! Sounds like you had a great time, and the fact that you're back on it is the most important thing. Oh and resisting a double sausage and egg mcmuffin is worthy of high praise indeed! I couldn't have done that! Haha.

I've been pretty good this week, was trying to have week without chocolate but have had to settle for just having one or two Rolos instead of a whole packet each day because Im actually incapable of going 24 hours without chocolate...

Glad your weigh in went well, hope you have a fab weekend!

Just a couple of Rolos is pretty good! I find it so hard to stop with chocolate once I've started. I've been keeping a tub of highlights and quark pudding in the fridge and just having a spoonful when I fancy it, seems to be helping with the sweet tooth.

Well last night was awful. It started ok, I planned a few drinks within syns and to chill out with my favourite junk TV shows, as I like to do on a Friday, and I had prepared a healthy free dinner (SW curry with jacket potato and salad) for later when the munchies hit. But then when I was starting to get hungry my OH brought home a bucket of KFC. A big one. My will power was weak after the drink and I hadn't had my healthy dinner yet...I caved in.

Ah don't worry about it, you've still got plenty of time to burn that off before weigh in next Friday. I've actually been craving KFC lately, in fact I seem to be craving everything bad lately...

Well, he decided he wanted a chippy tonight so I ended up having chips with pepper sauce, and he also bought us chocolate eclairs for later. I can't resist temptation although I'm still stuffed from the chips. Have had a good week though so should still have a loss by Monday, fingers crossed!

Hi Hoz,

I've just rejoined Slimming World and had a quick look through your diary- your food looks absolutely delicious and it's inspiring to see how much you've lost!

I'm in a similar situation to the one you started in- I've gained about 4 stone in the last 20 months (I was 10st 6 two years ago!) and now I need to start losing it again!

I hope your S.W. week is going well!

I'm back!!! Well, I haven't been anywhere, but I really struggled to stick with plan at all throughout June gaining and losing the same 2lb for the whole month, plus I barely used my treadmill or did any exercise for no apparent reason. Once I'd had that first gain I found it really hard to motivate myself to lose weight that I had already lost once I guess, and that lack of motivation was made worse each time the scales went up. But I'm back in the game this week, been smashing the activity and making far better food (and drink!) choices and it got me 3lb off and at my lowest weight since starting SW!

Just popping by to subscribe.
Well done on the 3lb off and being at your lowest weight since starting, that must feel really good :)

Last edited:
Just popping by to subscribe.
Well done on the 3lb odd and being at your lowest weight since starting, that must feel really good :)
Thank you :) Yes I'm very happy to be back on track, it was nice to look forward to my weigh in instead of dreading it :D

Back