My favourite......

racht

Hello everyone!

Well I re joined slimming world a week ago after finally admitting I needed the support and help again from the consultant and attending the classes. First time round I lost nearly 4 stone. 2 of those 4 have managed to creep back on but ready to get back to it!

I really need help though. My favourite naughty thing has to be a chicken tikka masala from my local Indian but so bad for you I really want to try and make my own for those times when I am craving one. I made the chicken tikka masala off the SW website but it was absolutely nothing like the real thing not even remotely close. I wondered if anyone had managed to figure out a recipe that is like the real thing? I understand it's never going to taste the same but something even close would be better!

Please help!!

Xxx

I think the slimming world tikka masala ready meal from iceland is lovely. My fella loves curries and even he likes the SW one xx

I think the slimming world tikka masala ready meal from iceland is lovely. My fella loves curries and even he likes the SW one xx

I am yet to try the ready meals so definitely need to take myself to Iceland and have a try of some including this thankyou. I just find any tikka masala I have tried never has the same taste (the sweet taste) that you get from a takeaway xx

Hi,

I am an Indian food lover also, I tried the chicken tikka masala from the fakeaways book, think it may be the same one as on the website? I agree it doesn't taste the same.

I second the above poster, the tikka masala meal from iceland is lovely, has a really nice kick to it, I have that and a packet of tilda basmati rice (3 syns) and sometimes a naan from the supermarket (7 syns). Really tasty.

Hi,

I am an Indian food lover also, I tried the chicken tikka masala from the fakeaways book, think it may be the same one as on the website? I agree it doesn't taste the same.

I second the above poster, the tikka masala meal from iceland is lovely, has a really nice kick to it, I have that and a packet of tilda basmati rice (3 syns) and sometimes a naan from the supermarket (7 syns). Really tasty.
Hi,

Thanks Maria! It really doesn't taste the same does it. I thought it actually tasted horrible and had to throw it in the bin. I just wish I could find out that was at least similar cause my cravings for one can be pretty bad sometimes lol! Xx

I didn't love the one from iceland but I put it in pot and added few extra spices and it was delish. Quite a big portion too, could easily be split between 2. I think my main thing with the iceland one was it was watery cos it was frozen. 10mins in pot after microwave and it thickened up nicely. x

I didn't love the one from iceland but I put it in pot and added few extra spices and it was delish. Quite a big portion too, could easily be split between 2. I think my main thing with the iceland one was it was watery cos it was frozen. 10mins in pot after microwave and it thickened up nicely. x

I will definitely be going and grabbing one to have a try! Is it sweet like a real Indian? X

I didn't find it sweet. I found it quite creamy. You could make it sweeter/spicier though. Just use it as your base and edit to suit lol. I love a chasni with peswahri naan x

I didn't find it sweet. I found it quite creamy. You could make it sweeter/spicier though. Just use it as your base and edit to suit lol. I love a chasni with peswahri naan x

If it's for the creamy texture like a real tikka masala I guess I could maybe Try add some sweetener and see ! Xx

It's so weird, nothing else is like the tikka massala you get out of the indian. The jars, ready meals etc etc are all totally different aren't they.
I have yet to try it yet, but Spicentice do a spice kit for loads of curries (I've only had the methi chicken and it was immense), so I am gonna get some ordered on payday. Should be yummy.
As I say though, if its the taste of the indians own version I don't think you'll find it else where.

Well done on getting back into it btw, I lost almost 4 stone too but put more than 2 of it back on, I actually put all of it on....plus another 4 stone :'( but the main thing is we're back in it and winning :)

Hi- maybe try this:

http://www.spicentice.com/product.php?productid=16135&cat=3&page=1

If you make it acccording to their recipe it will be 10 syns for the single cream but divide that by 2 people or 4 people and it's not so bad. Or swap it to say free yoghurt then it's free but maybe you'd be loosing some of that taste you're craving. It also says you need 5 tbsp of oil but I reckon you can frylight it. :)

Sorry I haven't had chance to come on for a while but thankyou very much ! I most certainly am going to try and see how I get on. 4 weeks into slimming world and a 9.5lb loss but still craving an indian tikka masala so really need to try and nail it. Thankyou so much xx

It's so weird, nothing else is like the tikka massala you get out of the indian. The jars, ready meals etc etc are all totally different aren't they.
I have yet to try it yet, but Spicentice do a spice kit for loads of curries (I've only had the methi chicken and it was immense), so I am gonna get some ordered on payday. Should be yummy.
As I say though, if its the taste of the indians own version I don't think you'll find it else where.

Well done on getting back into it btw, I lost almost 4 stone too but put more than 2 of it back on, I actually put all of it on....plus another 4 stone :'( but the main thing is we're back in it and winning :)

I know, nothing else seems to even compare to the indian. The jars etc taste absolutely nothing like it !!! Just wish I could find one that was nice and would at least satisy me a little.

Exactly, back on it and keep going !! No time to think about what we should/could have done differently its about the here and now ! xx

Back