My final attempt...

I am definitely struggling today with the emotions - feeling very sorry for myself! I just have my eyes set on the goal for the wedding, I dont know how I will feel afterwards. I almost feel like the whole weight loss/struggle has put a rather large dampener on the wedding (which is very sad) because it is so hard and I feel so stressed about losing the weight! But as I keep thinking - 8 weeks of sacrifice to look and feel good on the wedding day will be worth it!

Wow sounds amazing! Good luck with it all!! Keep me posted im sure this weekend being my first I will need lots of support! xxxx

I agree, i think the weekend will be testing!! sorry to hear you are feeling down, i really empathise. do you feel as though you are in ketosis yet? if you're still transitioning into it that might explain why you feel a bit rubbish, i cried and cried on day 1 (but then got into ketosis at the end of day 2 somehow and now feel normal! thanks brain!)

Try not to feel too stressed about it all, think of it as motivation for something you need to do anyway, and try and separate it in your mind from the wedding. And think of it as just a bonus when you look fantastic at your sister's wedding!!

Oops, realised i said bridesmaid in my post. i meant maid of honour!

Ahh thanks Harriet. Hoping to battle on through this weekend. I have 2 big boxes of malteasers given to me today as one of my leaving presents from work. Was sooooo tempted :( seems like your doing really well which means it will also show on the scales. Keep it up ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Harriet! Feel okay now - although going to go to bed soon! My usual Friday night would be movie and snacks with my other half but don't really feel like there's anything to stay up for lol!

I just need to persevere for 8 weeks and reap the results at the wedding and then il have the weekend off!

I'm fully in Ketosis according to my ketostik! I heard days 3 to 5 are the worst and I'm on day 4 so about right! X

I am thinking about getting back on to my cross trainer now. I waited for two months before exercising the last time but I do think it makes me feel happier so I may drag myself on to it a bit earlier. I haven't anything as exciting as a tv show or a trip to NY or a wedding to look forward to but it is my sister's 50th on 30th March - am hoping t look a little smaller then.

Jules - good luck for your day 3 tomorrow. i'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best! my mouth already feels rank so i know ketosis should be on its way...

Daisy - hello! my 2nd time on cambridge and my 4th time doing a vlcd...sounds terrible but all my own fault that i'm back here again. this time it is make or break so i need to make sure i follow maintenance and from then on will be trying to live a predominantly low carb lifestyle as i think whilst im not a huge carb lover they are my biggest downfall...i get really bloated and my skin is awful when i've eaten too many so i do think i have a slight intolerance.

stay motivated all!! :) xxx

Ok, day 3 done and now starting day 4. Had a bad head last night, not sure if that has anything to do with ketosis as I have kicked a 7 cans a day coke zero habit! I am not hungry as such but I am missing food. Did have a chew on a chocolate bar yesterday but quickly spat it in the bin....I was feeling a strong urge to have the taste of food in my mouth! Bad, I know. My scales aren't moving much?? Am drinking the water and haven't cheated (Ararat from that quick Chew and spit ....that sounds so grim!!). Good luck with tge weekend everyone.....we can do this! X

Ciara - that's tough! I got given a lollipop in a parcel I ordered and I would normally NEVER fancy a lollipop, but it took all my might to not open it there and then!!

Soph I felt like that too last night, didn't quite know what to do with myself!! Got an early night in the end which is no bad thing and woken up feeling positive today. Helps that OH is at work all day/night today though I think and he will be eating there so no temptation!!

Daisy- what step are you on? I want to get back to the gym at some point but not sure SS would be the best one for it!

Jules I am a diet coke FIEND normally and have also felt a bit headachey so it probably is withdrawal!

On my phone so will reply in full later on, stay strong everyone! Think how good it'll feel going to bed tonight 100%. Xxx

Another tough day here for me! Spent the day at my sisters with old friends catching up..: they had lunch and I didn't. Now off to the cinema and to stay at my friends for a girls night... Again the norm would be bad food at the cinema and lots of tea/biscuits and snacks with my best friend. But trying not to think of the food aspects that I'm used to! Just thinking of the 8 weeks until the wedding. X

Hi, at end of 3rd wk of Cambridge and finding today a bit hard. Weight loss slower than when I did Cambridge before though Im heavier. But on sole source + instead of sole source. In ketosis on sticks but feeling the urge to eat! Going to go out for natter with pal tonight. Hoping ok to treat myself to a diet coke?!

afternoon everyone! hope your weekends all went well?

Jesspup i'm sure a diet coke would have been absolutely fine :)

Just had my day 5 weigh in, lost 10lbs so far so hoping for 11/12 overall by Wednesday which will be the 1 week mark. absolutely thrilled. feel like i have lost a lot of bloating from my face and belly which is nice! Fully prepared for the second week to be a tiny loss in comparison (have always found week 2 to be the smallest loss).

hope your days are all going well! Just had 2 choc tetras so going to guzzle water this afternoon before another tetra tonight!

Hi harriet, well done that's amazing! I had a 7lb loss at my first weigh in on the 5th day! I'm hoping for a good loss this week too! Definitely getting more into it and knowing there is results also helps! It definitely is just taking time to get used to it all! x

Hi harriet, well done that's amazing! I had a 7lb loss at my first weigh in on the 5th day! I'm hoping for a good loss this week too! Definitely getting more into it and knowing there is results also helps! It definitely is just taking time to get used to it all! x

hi soph, thank you, so chuffed! well done to you too, its so motivating isnt it?! i think its so much easier once ketosis kicks in, not tempted by food just thirsty which is great as im getting through all my water! :D

Thank you Harriet! Yeah it really is! Yeah definitely finding it easier as the days go on - but I do miss real food some days! Yeah I am drinking over 3litres at the mo as so thirsty! X

Morning everyone!

Feeling good today and dropped another 0.8lb on the scales overnight - which i'm pleased about. i think it may be a bit more as i havent managed a number 2 for 2 days now!! Lol.

how are you all doing? xx

Hi Harriet,

I am officially on day 8 and it is definitely alot easier! I am actually having to make myself have my products even if i'm not hungry! :) hoping to see good results on the scales on Sunday :). Just about to book my summer holiday so a good reason to get straight back on the plan on the Monday after I have the wedding weekend off it.

Don't worry I haven't been to the toilet properly since I started :O.... I have ordered some turkish teabags that my consultant has recommended though that should help when they arrive! xx

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days.

Soph - I've been finding it easier to go to the toilet now although it's not very often at all!

Still ploughing on, have now lost 13lbs in 9 days. Couldn't be more chuffed. Finding it really easy in all honesty which I didn't think I would as restarting can be really tough. I think it's because I'm determined this time so I'm not considering failing an option whatsoever!

hope you are all well xxx

Harriet - nice to hear from you! That is absolutely amazing, so chuffed for you! Yeah I am too - it's the first diet i've ever done where I dont feel deprived because the shakes taste so good! On top of that all the balance/minerals/vitamins seem to give me bags of energy unlike other diets where I become so tired etc. Same here - failure is not an option! Not only have I got the wedding but I have booked my summer holiday for the last week of August and therefore I need to stay on it.

I notice your going NYC - I go every year - my favourite place in the world! I am going again in October for my 23rd Birthday :) Cant wait. You definitely have to have a week off plan - the food is to die for. Have you been before? x

Harriet - nice to hear from you! That is absolutely amazing, so chuffed for you! Yeah I am too - it's the first diet i've ever done where I dont feel deprived because the shakes taste so good! On top of that all the balance/minerals/vitamins seem to give me bags of energy unlike other diets where I become so tired etc. Same here - failure is not an option! Not only have I got the wedding but I have booked my summer holiday for the last week of August and therefore I need to stay on it.

I notice your going NYC - I go every year - my favourite place in the world! I am going again in October for my 23rd Birthday :) Cant wait. You definitely have to have a week off plan - the food is to die for. Have you been before? x

I don't feel deprived either which is odd as my colleagues are always eating the most delicious foods - cupcakes, crisps, golden syrup porridge...but I haven't even been tempted! I also feel really energetic which is great, unlike my usual carb comas where I feel ready to fall asleep all the time!

Ooh I love NYC too, have been a couple of times. So so excited. A bit worried about the week of normal eating but as long as I'm back on it straight away I'm sure I won't do too much damage!

Have you got your dress for the wedding yet? xx

Yeah I am the same! The only thing i've craved is jelly and bananas! How weird is that! Definely know what you mean there!

Exactly - holidays are to enjoy you just have to be focused! I will still be here doing it so come back and tell me all about it and i'll help you back through into ketosis! NYC is my favourite place in the world :). I can tell you some of the most AMAZING restaurants to eat at whilst you are there!

The bridesmaid dresses were ordered in Jan but at the time I was too big to try on the sample. So I ordered it one size smaller - I should have first fitting in 5 weeks and then they said they will fit me again 3 days before my sister's wedding so I have maximum time :). Just praying I get in it! xx

Yeah I am the same! The only thing i've craved is jelly and bananas! How weird is that! Definely know what you mean there!

Exactly - holidays are to enjoy you just have to be focused! I will still be here doing it so come back and tell me all about it and i'll help you back through into ketosis! NYC is my favourite place in the world :). I can tell you some of the most AMAZING restaurants to eat at whilst you are there!

The bridesmaid dresses were ordered in Jan but at the time I was too big to try on the sample. So I ordered it one size smaller - I should have first fitting in 5 weeks and then they said they will fit me again 3 days before my sister's wedding so I have maximum time :). Just praying I get in it! xx

You definitely will! Last time I did Cambridge I did it very half heartedly and lost 42lbs in about 7 weeks, so I'm sure you will look absolutely fab!!

Ooh do tell about the restaurants?! Would love to go off piste of the tourist track this time so want to steer the family into unknown restaurants/museums etc.

I can't think what I've really craved to be honest - I'm constantly parched so mostly just craving water which is all well and good! Last few times i've done vlcd's I've struggled to get the water intake but this time I'm actually finding I NEED about 4 litres.

xx

Back