My first 2 days menus on Xenical, oppinions would be appreciated

Roch

Minimins gal x
Hi guys well my doc has given me Exenical today to see if this will help me.
I have struggled with my weight all my life and the last 4 yrs i have weighed 27 stone and practically been housebound due to sciatica and depression.
Have been on and off diets all my life and failes hence still weighing 27 stone:eek:.
4 weeks ago i joined WW but was struggling to eat the massive amount of points i was meant to have which was 35:eek: and found myself having 2 many carbs which are not good for me.
So i have adapted the diet and now just going to be weighing once a week at my chemist instead.
I have now lost 20lbs in the past 4 weeks as i lost 6 lbs this week :D:D:D
I was wondering if i had been taking Xenical the past 4 weeks would my weight loss be very different or just a few pounds different ??

I am on a restricted budget for my food shopping as i am not able to work due to my obesity probs and find i eat alot of the same foods for a few days, although the foods i have been eaten are very healthy like special k and fruit with either shape fuller yog or ss milk i do need to find some better food choices.
I was wondering if anyone had any menus since being on Xenical that maybe i could have a look at.

I am waiting to hear about funding for weight loss surgery but even if i do have surgery i have to make sure i am at least 5 stone lighter ie 22 stone to make sure the risks are minimised and that my health is much better.
I am now 41 and the excess weight i have carried all my life has really taken a toll on all my joints and my mobility is not very good, so when it comes to exercise i can only manage a 15 min slow walk twice a day with my dogs and my housework, so am hoping that is not going to slow down my weight loss.

I have been reading Abby`s posts AKA flabbybum,( soz i hate calling you that Abby lol) and they have been very helpful as has Abby lol but am just scared at messing up with figuring out the amounts of fat then having the nasty orange slime everyone talks about lol.

Thanks for stopping by take care luv Roch xxx

Hello, and welcome :)

Thats great news that you're starting Xenical, I havent had much luck over the last month but over the last 2 months I have lost 11lbs, I have had to change all my eating habbits and temptations are still there (I gave in and had a Pizza, and sides and cookies) a big oops, but luckily no side effects, all though I was actually hoping I would have some, to get rid of some of what I had!

What sort of food's do you like eating, and maybe try and look at the lowest fat options, its a guideline of having no more than 15g of Fat per meal and no more than 5g fat per 100g.

I initially was trying to eat to the 15g but realised thats not the answer and that eating as lower fat meals should hopefully shift some weight and no side effects.

You have to remember if you get orange oils then you are eating to much fat still, everyone seems to react to Xenical very differently so what may work for you may not for someone else.

Flabbybumbum suggested in another thread about a site named 'My Fitness Pal' if you google it, should come up straight away. I have been using the site now for a couple of weeks, you can input what you have eaten, and does all tesco's, asda, mcdonalds, basically everything, and tots up exactly what Fat/Calories/Sugar etc per meal and for the whole day. It also gives you a guideline for how many calories you should keep within. There is the option to add what exercise you have done too and amends your calorie intake accordingly.

Hope this helps

x

Hello, and welcome :)

Thats great news that you're starting Xenical, I havent had much luck over the last month but over the last 2 months I have lost 11lbs, I have had to change all my eating habbits and temptations are still there (I gave in and had a Pizza, and sides and cookies) a big oops, but luckily no side effects, all though I was actually hoping I would have some, to get rid of some of what I had!

What sort of food's do you like eating, and maybe try and look at the lowest fat options, its a guideline of having no more than 15g of Fat per meal and no more than 5g fat per 100g.

I initially was trying to eat to the 15g but realised thats not the answer and that eating as lower fat meals should hopefully shift some weight and no side effects.

You have to remember if you get orange oils then you are eating to much fat still, everyone seems to react to Xenical very differently so what may work for you may not for someone else.

Flabbybumbum suggested in another thread about a site named 'My Fitness Pal' if you google it, should come up straight away. I have been using the site now for a couple of weeks, you can input what you have eaten, and does all tesco's, asda, mcdonalds, basically everything, and tots up exactly what Fat/Calories/Sugar etc per meal and for the whole day. It also gives you a guideline for how many calories you should keep within. There is the option to add what exercise you have done too and amends your calorie intake accordingly.

Hope this helps

x

Thank you yes it does help will def google the site now as when i was waking round sainsburys just now was wondering if there was such a site as i was using weight watchers e source and that did the same thing.
I did buy pizza today but it was one of the Ww ones so and its just over 5grms of fat for the individual pizza so i thought if i had it with salad would be ok for a treat.
Thank you again and take care luv Roch xxx

Thats ok, anytime, if I can help with anything else just let me know

x

Hi, I didnt think I would be able to do this diet but to be honest I am eating more of a variety now then I ever have. I too am eating on a budget as I cant work due to immigration issues (getting married in July and need to apply for a new visa), anyways its only my finacee's income coming in at the moment and between rent, bills and the wedding there is not much left for food.
I do most of my shopping at Asda they have a great range called Good For You, you can get 5 ready meals for only £4, they have chicken korma, chicken madras, chicken hot pot, chicken tikka masala, beef lasagne, Chicken in peppercorn, chicken peri peri, fish pie, shepherds pie, tomato and basil chicken pasta.
Also for those who like pasta, they have a really yummy spinich and ricotta tortellini its in the Fresh Pasta aisle where they have the fresh soups, in the same aisle they have Asda Good for you 4 cheese sauce (delicious) and Good for you Carbonara sauce (havent tried yet), and weight watchers garlic ciabatta bread (yummy).
For those pizza lovers weight watchers do a few as well Asda does a few I tried one called Sweet Chili Chicken (OMG so good) and they do a roasted vegtable they are 3 for £4.00.
Asda good for you oven chips are good as well, when you have that craving.
Weight watchers does a few good pasta sauces and they do a korma sauce and naan bread, which are at the pound shop right now for £1.00
Im trying to think of what else I bought lol
Oh WW pita bread, WW bagels, WW Soft Cheese spread roasted onion and herb (so good), also the WW desserts are my life savers.
For snacks I have Snack A Jacks and Pink N Whites.
Also I like having roasted veg and chicken kebabs, omlettes (1 whole egg 1 egg white)
Hope that helps a bit also if you like to cook on the Xenical website they have a weekly chart of examples meals you can do, you might want to check that out too.

Hi, I didnt think I would be able to do this diet but to be honest I am eating more of a variety now then I ever have. I too am eating on a budget as I cant work due to immigration issues (getting married in July and need to apply for a new visa), anyways its only my finacee's income coming in at the moment and between rent, bills and the wedding there is not much left for food.
I do most of my shopping at Asda they have a great range called Good For You, you can get 5 ready meals for only £4, they have chicken korma, chicken madras, chicken hot pot, chicken tikka masala, beef lasagne, Chicken in peppercorn, chicken peri peri, fish pie, shepherds pie, tomato and basil chicken pasta.
Also for those who like pasta, they have a really yummy spinich and ricotta tortellini its in the Fresh Pasta aisle where they have the fresh soups, in the same aisle they have Asda Good for you 4 cheese sauce (delicious) and Good for you Carbonara sauce (havent tried yet), and weight watchers garlic ciabatta bread (yummy).
For those pizza lovers weight watchers do a few as well Asda does a few I tried one called Sweet Chili Chicken (OMG so good) and they do a roasted vegtable they are 3 for £4.00.
Asda good for you oven chips are good as well, when you have that craving.
Weight watchers does a few good pasta sauces and they do a korma sauce and naan bread, which are at the pound shop right now for £1.00
Im trying to think of what else I bought lol
Oh WW pita bread, WW bagels, WW Soft Cheese spread roasted onion and herb (so good), also the WW desserts are my life savers.
For snacks I have Snack A Jacks and Pink N Whites.
Also I like having roasted veg and chicken kebabs, omlettes (1 whole egg 1 egg white)
Hope that helps a bit also if you like to cook on the Xenical website they have a weekly chart of examples meals you can do, you might want to check that out too.

Hi Babymable thank u so much for ur info, does Asda sell the Ww pizzas or are the pizzas u r talking about asda own brand.
I had a Ww pizza yesterday it was absolutely gorgeous and only 5 grms for the whole individual pizza and as i had it on its own it was fine.
Thank you again take care and have a good day xx

Well i joined up tp 2my fitness pal" and i think the site is fab and has really helped me to work out the fat contents and cals and have it all recorded down.
Here are my last 2 days menu`s and would like to know if my food choices are ok whilst on Xenical.

Monday

Breakfast

Kellogg's - Special K - Red Berries, 1 Cup
Shape - Feel Fuller for Longer, 1 pot - Raspberry
Apples - strawberries (350 cals,0 fat)

Lunch
Kellogg's - Special K - Red Berries,
Tesco Semi Skimmed Milk - Semi Skimmed Milk, 100 ml
apple and strawberries(355 cals,0 fat)
Dinner
Weight Watchers - Artisan Creations Four Cheese Pizza,
(370 cals, 7 grms fat)

Total: Cals:1,145 211 Fat: 9

Tuesday

breaky

Kellogg's - Special K - Red Berries, 1 Cup
Shape - Feel Fuller for Longer, 1 pot - Raspberry
Apples - strawberries

Lunch
Pickles - Cucumber, dill, 2 spear
Taste Original - Mini Chicken Satay, 70 g (5 grms fat cals 119)
Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself - Deli style coleslaw (5grms fat,cals 70)
tomatoes,cucumber and lettuce.

Dinner
Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself - Sausage and Mash With Red Wine and Onion Gravy, 400 grms (fat 9grms cals 355)

Total fat and cals for the day
858 cals 19 grms fat.

I have had to make do with the foods i already had at home as i cant do any more shopping till sat.
I am a bit worried as my lunch as 10 grms of fat but had not fat for breaky and then my dinner is 9grms but only 2.4 grms of fat per 100 grms.
Roughly how many grms of fat should i make sure i dont go over is 19 grms for the day too high to give me a good weight loss.
Am also having 2/3 ltrs of sugar free squash for my fluids.
I think tomorrow i wont have the mini satay and coleslaw but substitute one for something else.
Would def luv some imput pls bout my first 2 days diet, thanks and take care luv Roch xx

Last edited:
Hey, Yes Asda sell the Weight watchers pizza as well they have their own brand but you can only have half of the Asda pizza. But still they are soo yummy. I add some of my own mushrooms and onions as well to make it a bit more full.
I think you have to eat fat in order for Xenical to work, if your having meals with little or no fat I was told to not bother taking the pill. Someone suggested that when you have a low fat meal to eat nuts in order to up your fat intake I have tried this and it does seem to work. Just dont eat too many lol.

Your meals are low in fat yes. Remember though, you can eat up to 15g of fat PER meal. Thats 45g in a day. Thats just a guide though, you dont have to eat that much, I find it hard to get up that high sometimes.

a WW pizza is 5g of fat, you could've easily had that for lunch, and then a proper dinner. Or when I have one for dinner (i love the italian chickedn version) I then have a ww dessert after. Still comes well under the 15g.

I do wonder are they working well for me as I dont eat enough fat, but i'm going to continue as I'm doing, have my first WI and then see what the doc says.

Goodluck on them :flowers:

Hey, Yes Asda sell the Weight watchers pizza as well they have their own brand but you can only have half of the Asda pizza. But still they are soo yummy. I add some of my own mushrooms and onions as well to make it a bit more full.
I think you have to eat fat in order for Xenical to work, if your having meals with little or no fat I was told to not bother taking the pill. Someone suggested that when you have a low fat meal to eat nuts in order to up your fat intake I have tried this and it does seem to work. Just dont eat too many lol.

Ok hun ty will pop along to Asda on the weekend to check it out.

Your meals are low in fat yes. Remember though, you can eat up to 15g of fat PER meal. Thats 45g in a day. Thats just a guide though, you dont have to eat that much, I find it hard to get up that high sometimes.

a WW pizza is 5g of fat, you could've easily had that for lunch, and then a proper dinner. Or when I have one for dinner (i love the italian chickedn version) I then have a ww dessert after. Still comes well under the 15g.

I do wonder are they working well for me as I dont eat enough fat, but i'm going to continue as I'm doing, have my first WI and then see what the doc says.

Goodluck on them :flowers:

Hi hun tbh i am really trying to not go over 1200 cals a day as i have PCOS and some other health issues and i really need to reduce the weight as soon as poss.
I think that i will experiment for the next few weeks and record my losses and see which menus work better for me weight loss wise.
When it comes to WW deserts and nice yummy stuff i dont buy it as i cant trust myself to just eat one, i love go ahead stuff but there is no way i would stop at one or 2 as i am a carb junky
lol so i dont buy any of that stuff anymore.

Good luck at your WI take care and chat soon luv Roch xxx

(have pcos too :sigh:)

Just keep doing what you are doing, if you are doing it your own way you are more likely to stick to it anyways. Thats why I couldnt follow a set diet, (i'd love to do the cambridge diet, as their losses are huge, but know I'd prob never stick to eat). I'm surprise at how 'ok' I am with eating healthy, its enjoyable and I'm loving the exercise!! Applying for a boost card next week so I can try loads of different classes!

Few ladies on here say to aim for the 15g per meal for the tablets to work, but with the meals I eat I'm not getting there and I'm not that fussed, like you I will see how I get on with what I'm doing and then jig it up a bit if its not working.

I'm like you one biscuit isnt enough so I wouldnt buy any type of biscuity type things, like WW cookies, or those go ahead biscuits, as it would kill me to stop at one lol I do find the little dessert pots quite filing and one really is enough. The ww rice is VERY low and it comes vanilla or caramel, they are lovely, so no big deal if you wanted to have two.

Other filling meals I love is, spicy chicken pasta. Tin of tomatoes, some garlic, some chilli flakes, let it boil out and then add some cooked pasta and chicken (add mushrooms, onions, any other veg you like). YUMMY! (& cheap).
Blue dragon do some good sachets of sauces, i like the chilli & garlic one, well below the 5g rule and its lovely with chicken and rice. They do a chow mein one for stirfry and a few others, havent tried them yet.

I think I read in your earlier post that you are 41?? is that right, if it is, you look bloody fantastic in that pic for your age!! Very youthful! :party0011:

God job on your weight loss so far, its great :party0048:

Goodluck & keep us posted on how you are doing! :flowers:

Hiya hun sounds like your doing great!! I think you need a bit more variety cos im the same as you carb addict! But i get bored very easy eating the same stuff!!

I love king prawns and 100gms is 1gram of fat and you get qutie a big pile of them. I take them to work with salad, throw them in a stir fry or even put on skewers and bang them on the bbq!!

FOr breakfast i have 2 slices of wholemeal bread with 100gs of virtually fat free cottage cheese which is only 3g of fat. Some times i have scrambled eggs with one whole egg 7gms of fat and one egg white to bulk it out as there is no fat in the white. Also i some times have 2 mattersons turkey rashers with the egg and mushrooms fried with fry light. For two slices its 0.3g of fat witch is tons better than bacon an tastey too!!

For tea quorn is low in fat. Weight watchers do a korma sauce wich is 3.7gms per half jar. just add a portion of rice

Hope these are a few mor ideas for you hun
xx

(have pcos too :sigh:)

Just keep doing what you are doing, if you are doing it your own way you are more likely to stick to it anyways. Thats why I couldnt follow a set diet, (i'd love to do the cambridge diet, as their losses are huge, but know I'd prob never stick to eat). I'm surprise at how 'ok' I am with eating healthy, its enjoyable and I'm loving the exercise!! Applying for a boost card next week so I can try loads of different classes!

Few ladies on here say to aim for the 15g per meal for the tablets to work, but with the meals I eat I'm not getting there and I'm not that fussed, like you I will see how I get on with what I'm doing and then jig it up a bit if its not working.

I'm like you one biscuit isnt enough so I wouldnt buy any type of biscuity type things, like WW cookies, or those go ahead biscuits, as it would kill me to stop at one lol I do find the little dessert pots quite filing and one really is enough. The ww rice is VERY low and it comes vanilla or caramel, they are lovely, so no big deal if you wanted to have two.

Other filling meals I love is, spicy chicken pasta. Tin of tomatoes, some garlic, some chilli flakes, let it boil out and then add some cooked pasta and chicken (add mushrooms, onions, any other veg you like). YUMMY! (& cheap).
Blue dragon do some good sachets of sauces, i like the chilli & garlic one, well below the 5g rule and its lovely with chicken and rice. They do a chow mein one for stirfry and a few others, havent tried them yet.

I think I read in your earlier post that you are 41?? is that right, if it is, you look bloody fantastic in that pic for your age!! Very youthful! :party0011:

God job on your weight loss so far, its great :party0048:

Goodluck & keep us posted on how you are doing! :flowers:

Thanks hun that pic was taken when i was 39 think i have aged quite a bit over the past 2 yrs due to my depression and not taking care of myself but am now changing that.
Lol not sure bout youthful but i dont smoke or drink as am allergic 2 booze lol and have been single for 8 yrs so no man to add extra stress lol.
Thanks for the tips i really appreciate them, i think its gong to be trial and error for the next few weeks to see what works best for me and the Xenical.
Thanks hun and take care and have a good day xxx

Hiya hun sounds like your doing great!! I think you need a bit more variety cos im the same as you carb addict! But i get bored very easy eating the same stuff!!

I love king prawns and 100gms is 1gram of fat and you get qutie a big pile of them. I take them to work with salad, throw them in a stir fry or even put on skewers and bang them on the bbq!!

FOr breakfast i have 2 slices of wholemeal bread with 100gs of virtually fat free cottage cheese which is only 3g of fat. Some times i have scrambled eggs with one whole egg 7gms of fat and one egg white to bulk it out as there is no fat in the white. Also i some times have 2 mattersons turkey rashers with the egg and mushrooms fried with fry light. For two slices its 0.3g of fat witch is tons better than bacon an tastey too!!

For tea quorn is low in fat. Weight watchers do a korma sauce wich is 3.7gms per half jar. just add a portion of rice

Hope these are a few mor ideas for you hun
xx

Thank you yes they are def some new ideas for me to try. when it comes to bread i am trying to avoid it altogether as i am waiting for some results back as the doc thinks i might have a mild case of Ceoliac but for some reason only bread gives me bad side effects and not other wheat so for now i am staying off the bread.
Will def look around when i go shopping on sat and try to add some more variety into my diet.
Ty again and take care luv Roch xxx

:eek: allergic to alcohol!! God I dont know if I could cope! Although at the momen I would love to be, that would be a good excuse not to have to drink! Even when I dont want to, I bow to peer pressure :party0036: :p

Well ya still dont look 39 in the pic! I thought you were about 24, I swear to god! :flirt2:
:whistle: I really must get rid of my man get me some youthful looks :p
You'll be fighting fit before ya know it and those youthful looks will come flooding back :flowers:

:welcome: to xenical.

Your diet seems good so far though I would concur that variety stops the boredom.
One of may favourites is a turkey stir fry with small amount of noodles and loads of veg, babycorn, pepper, beansprouts, mangetout, carrot etc... with garlic, chilli, ginger and some soy sauce...very filling and very nutritious.

Also concur with the turkey rashers bit dont cook too long or they go very dry and hard.
I do also occasionally have a Bowyers less than 5% fat sausage which I have so far only seen in the chilled aisle in Asda. In fact find my partner finds other sausages too fatty now.

Another one for dinner is a small chicken breast bashed so its flat and then put some low fat garlic cheese in the middle, roll up and use cling film to make a sausage shape then poach to cook, lovely with new potatoes and veg.

I look forward to seeing your progress. xx

Hey you,

Just thought I'd check in to see how your getting on? I live by My Fitness Pal now, glad you like it... and of course thanks to Flabbybumbum for saying about it in the first place :)

Back