My first 'bad' day yesterday

surfinbernard

Well I am doing very well on my mission to get down to a nice n skinny size 8-10, but yesterday my niece had a Christening and it was buffet. I knew it was coming so I had a mushroom omelette for breakfast (low on cals, big on fill!) and decided the buffet would count as both lunch and dinner so I had plenty of cals left to spare. I only had a little tiny plate of food and did not put crisps on and left the cakes. However, buffet food is so high in calories there ended up being over 1000 calories on that little (not even full) plate! So with a calorie budget of only 1200 and with my breakfast, milk in drinks and the small snack I had later on that night, I clocked up over 1600 cals! 500 over budget!

Ah well, you live and learn. Thankfully this is not something I regularly have to deal with but in future I think I will sidestep the buffet altogether by eating my own lunch and picking at salad and picked onions so as not to seem rude, then I can have dinner later on and not be starving.

I am not too disheartened, it could have been a lot worse if I hadn't at least tried some damage limitation and I'm back on it today so no major harm done. It's just so frustrating when the food is so fattening that even a child's portion is through the roof on the calories.

Ditto what thatlittlebit said. I reckon it'll kick start for you. I have my DD Christening next weekend. That's going to be my one and only day off until Christmas. I did taste the cake today but, I had half a 1p piece so I'm not counting that ;)

It's just so frustrating when the food is so fattening that even a child's portion is through the roof on the calories.

I know, I find that SO annoying that in every single instance in our society "good times" are associated with really fattening calorie-dense foods... no wonder we're all expanding! :eek:

Still you stayed totally on top of it, and didn't use it as an excuse to overeat, so I reckon you came out of that one the winner! :winner: :clap:

You did so much better than I would have done. Just draw a line under it and forget it ever happened. Well done for putting it down in writing though, I find that so hard sometimes. :)

Back