My first big night out tonight!

whoops

I'm off to a friends 30th birthday and she is having a black tie do!
It'll be the first time I have been out while on the cambrisge diet! Luckily most of them know I am on the diet and will know that I won't be drinking and luckily it isn't posh sit down meal either.
How do you cope with just drinking water all night?
Oh and I tried my dress on last night as I had everything to go with it and dh said it was the second best thing he had ever seen me in :D :D:D

Hiya

First off - don't worry! It won't be as difficult as you think, especially when people keep telling you how good you look!

Seriously, I've had a few do's while on SS -2 black tie, 1 wedding, and 2 had 3 course meals! I've managed not to cheat at any of them - I switched to sparking water though for a 'treat' :rolleyes:, just make sure you don't have a slice! It honestly wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - the first 'no thank you' is tricky, but once you've done that you're on a roll.

Best thing is, you know you look as good at the end of the night as you did at the beginning - ie no bloated tummy from drinking and eating rubbish!

Have a FAB time and let us know how you get on!

xxx

I think you feel much better afterwards for having not had anything. I can't really compare cos this is only my day 6 and I haven't been on any dos or nights out, but my housemate has had 2 pizzas and a chinese takeaway in that time and I'm so happy that I haven't even bothered. I just keep thinking to myself that it won't change anything, it's just food, it won't make me feel better or look good. And I feel really good when I've done another day SSing. Congratulations on your achievement!

Back