my first food diary entry

clare1209

hi
so im being advised to make a food diary :confused:
im not too sure about it but im gonna give it a go....

breakfast/lunch (got up late) 1 quorn sausage,egg fried in fry light and 2 slices of holvis wholemeal bread

dinner i had chicken and veg pie with mash potato topping instead of pastry,
put carrots,celery,onion and green beans in it

syns ive had 2 cadbury light chocolatte mousses,and a plain wholemeal roll 6 syns

healthy a = 350ml semi skimmed milk
b choice = wholemeal roll for breakfast

snacks = 2 apples

so thats my day

my food problems started when me and my partner where made redundant 2 yrs ago ,i just sat here and ate and the pounds piled on,im hoping now with slimming world to lose this weight although being home all day i do loss motivation sometimes but i am determined to lose it...
i do feel hungry alot of the time,im only half way through my second week so im hoping this will subside soon.

week 1: 5 1/2lbs

hi - good luck with keeping a diary. i find it helpful just to keep check on what i'm eating and how many syns i've had.

it also helps me if i gain or have a great loss as i can see what i ate the week.

you should never go hungry on SW - make a list of all free foods you like. i used to always have a spare tin of mushy peas in the cupboard if i got hungry at night and would warm that up and eat it followed by fruit. used to help alot in my moments of weakness!

and maybe have bigger breakfast - ie 3 quorn sausages, 2 fried eggs, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes are still free ;) ...don't treat it as a diet. eat until you're satisfied.

so this is day 2 of my food diary and also the first day of my second week on slimming world where im not feeling hungry yipee....

breakfast : 2 quorn sausages and scrambled egg

lunch : baked beans on 1 slice wholemeal bread

dinner : quorn sausages cooked in tin of tomatoes with butter beans,kideney beans and canelli beans

syns for today: cadbury choc mousse 2 syns
snacks : apple and banana

trying to do as little syns as possible as i really wanna get my 1/2 stone sticker this week at weigh in on thursday i had a loss of 5 1/2lbs last week and as much as id like simular this week im being realistic and hopeing for at least 2lbs so fingers crossed

day 3 of my food diary
today was hard had to go out for a family meal to an indian resturant took my slimming world book with me

breakfast: bacon and egg sandwich (bread b choice)

2 bananas

dinner: salad, tandori chicken 9 syns,boild plain rice
choke chicken have no idea how many syns are in one of those but they put 2 on my plate and i only ate one also had 1/2 of an after eight

not really sure how many syns ive had but i think i will try not to have any syns now until after weigh in on thursday morning
i actually feel guilty for eating the india as as if i have let myself down in some way!!! i dont go out for food at all i always cook from scratch so not doing that feels awful

so i havent posted my diary for about a week now i was a little upset at only losing 1/2lb last week and i have been busy also.

im hoping to have done better this week finger crossed for my thursday morning weigh in

hi clare it doesn't always follow that if u eat less syns u lose more weight i actually lose more when i've had 15 syns a day and try and have loads of superfree food and drink plenty of water good luck for ur next weigh in but well done on losing 6lbs its a good loss

Hi Clare,

I agree with Val - cutting down syns won't necessarily lead to bigger losses, I do much better when I have between 10 and 15 per day than I do when I have less!

I've copied this from Squiddie's FAQ thread, which explains it a lot better than I could :)

Do I need to use all my syns?
Yes! It is a myth that having little or no syns will help your weight loss. If you are having no / very few syns then you aren’t following the plan. There are several reasons to have all your syns.

You should never feel like you are giving anything up on SW, but still obeying SW’s number one rule: ‘everything in moderation’. Don’t eat for the sake of eating as this just reaffirms bad eating habits. Try mixing syns into meals, using sauces/oils, or extra health extras (each HE is approx. 6 syns)

Remember:
15 syns = 300 cals
300 x 7 days = 2100 cals

In order to lose a 1lb per week you need to reduce your calorie in take by 3500cals per week in order to lose a pound (on top of your normal maintenance cals) so by not having any syns at all you will not even lose an extra pound!

Don't be too disappointed by a 1/2lb loss - a loss is a loss! You've done really well in your first couple of weeks - well done :)

hiya - just reading through and ur first food diary youve but HEA 350ml of milk?? i thought it was 250mls you could have? and deffo use all your syns - i have at least 10 and i lose every week - 1/2lb is really really good!! your loosing! better to lose gradually! keep going! xx

Oh, well spotted Zoemee20 - you're only allowed 350ml as a HEA if it is Skimmed milk, if it is semi-skimmed, you're allowed 250ml.

It's easy to get things like that confused, so maybe it would be worth you checking every thing again Clare, to make sure the things you think are free actually are, and that you're measuring your healthy extras correctly?

i thought i was going mad then and was having less then i should of done lol x

hi guys
thanks for all your advice this week went much better i lost 1 1/2lbs this week and have hit my 1/2 a stone target in 3 weeks yipeeeee

maybe i be lucky and loss another 1/2 stone in next 3 weeks,
im not too sure how to handle xmas though or if i can resist all the chocolate

Back