My first proper weigh in

Well done Sophs, did you try the EE plan? xxx

Thanks guys

No I am a veggie and so do green days. I have been living on home made soups, mugshots, fresh veggies, alpen lights for a night time snack which seems to have paid off. Also tried those potato croquettes which were delicious and the cous cous cake:D. I've not felt hungry once:)

Thanks guys

No I am a veggie and so do green days. I have been living on home made soups, mugshots, fresh veggies, alpen lights for a night time snack which seems to have paid off. Also tried those potato croquettes which were delicious and the cous cous cake:D. I've not felt hungry once:)
Did you syn the couscous cake because you have to be careful as its not free, not sure if you know its 5 syns for 1oz couscous if used as a flour substitute in cakes. I think someone on here was having it and it slowed her weight loss down. Croquettes are great aren't they. xxx

No...I thought cous cous was free :eek:
It is if you eat it as normal but if you use it as a flour substitute you have to syn it, same as if you cook fruit you have to syn it, the body hasn't got to work on the food if it's like that apparently so its not as good. Sorry hun. xxx

It is if you eat it as normal but if you use it as a flour substitute you have to syn it, same as if you cook fruit you have to syn it, the body hasn't got to work on the food if it's like that apparently so its not as good. Sorry hun. xxx

I texted my leader yesterday and asked her about this and she said only syn the baking powder so now I am confused.
I will write down what you have said and ask her more about in person when I go next wed

I texted my leader yesterday and asked her about this and she said only syn the baking powder so now I am confused.
I will write down what you have said and ask her more about in person when I go next wed
Hi Sophs, double check with your Consultant, if you go to page 13 in the green section of your book Couscous has an asterix next to it and below it says "If ground or used as a flour substitute, these foods have a syn value (see page 23 of the syns section), then when you go to page 23 it says ground/used as a flour sub, 28g is 5 syns on both days, whole grain or cooked is free on green day. Let me know what your consultant says Sophs as iv'e wanted to try this cake but didn't want to use syns for it so if free would give it a go myself. xxx

Back