My first week and only 0.5lb loss!!

have you tried grating carrot onion etc into your food, like in your chilli etc. that way you wont taste it as your not eating it as a whole food if you see what i mean....yet your still getting the goodness in. Your oh prob wouldnt even know you had added it unless you tell him. I have to do this with my kids lol

and you dont need to stop having yoghurts.....i have one every morning, i just chop a banana or some strawberries up into it :)

Yeh I am totally confused by Propoints, I got on really well on the old WW. That's one of the reasons I wanted to try SW.

I've worked out alternative days this week so I'm only having 2 Extra Easy days this week, one today, then green tomorrow, then red on Sunday, extra easy Monday, green tuesday, red wednesday and Thursday.

Do you think this will work better for me?

x

Agreed, I use a Mullerlight instead of milk with Weetabix and bung on some banana/strawberries/blueberries or whatever else Morrisons/Asda has on offer that week!! ;)

Yeh I am totally confused by Propoints, I got on really well on the old WW. That's one of the reasons I wanted to try SW.

I've worked out alternative days this week so I'm only having 2 Extra Easy days this week, one today, then green tomorrow, then red on Sunday, extra easy Monday, green tuesday, red wednesday and Thursday.

Do you think this will work better for me?

x

I lost all my weight the first time around on Points and just can't grasp PPs. Tried it 4 times and it just doesn't sit in my head anymore. I tried SW on recommedation from some friends. They do red/green but Extra Easy just seemed Extra Easy to me.

I have an EE day on Sunday so I can have Roast meat AND potatoes for dinner. I do the above Weetabix/yoghurt/fruit combo with my breakfast and tea, depending on how hungry I am could be a Mugshot and some cherries or a mini potato and Spag hoops.

With Green/Red, I epsecially like the 2 x Healthy A and 2 x Healthy B bit. It means I can have cheese one toast and a sandwich in the same day!! If you're not a meat eater or can go without it, green in perfect. If you prefer meat and are happy to limit your potatoes, go red.

It looks like even on a green day I can have a little meat as a healthy extra with my dinner which is good.
I am loving all the recipes on the website.
I think mixing them up is a good idea, I think carbs bloat me quite a bit so having more red days is probably a good idea.

trying to stay positive, really want the weight off by my holiday in October, even if I could get 14lbs off by then I would be happy.

Thanks for all your help, think I might just do it online and not bother with the meetings as tbh not finding them helpful so far.

x

This forum is amazing. Keep popping back for advice and inforamtion as and when you need it. There's always a freindly face around to *delete as appropriate* give you a kick/ slap you around the head/ shower you with praise/offer a shoulder.
I don't think I could do it without.

Also, maybe it's just me but I find I get a lot of motivation out of updating my ticker after every WI. Seeing it on a scale like that can really give me a push. Info on these is stored as a sticky in the off topic folder I think or just click mine and start your own! :)

Yeh I do like seeing the scales go down lol, last year when I did WW I used to weigh myself 3 times a week at the same time and take an average to guage weight loss as I find my weight fluctuates so much with water retention that it gives me a better idea than just one weigh in especially in the evening. I find my weight is more accurate in the mornings.

x

Gembear- one thing I would say is that your current BMI is very near the healthy range anyway, so your weight loss will be slower than others.

I did wonder if that would affect it kingleds! I know you hear people getting 6lbs loss in their first week etc but usually those people have maybe a few stone to lose.

x

I agree with everything the others have said about limiting your portion size of free by filling up on superfree first, OR switching to Red/Green - but Id also bear in mind its your first week. Give it at least a month, it could be absolutely anything - TOTM, drinking/eating a lot before WI, the fact you were already eating healthily before SW, water retention, different clothes etc etc etc ad infinitum.

My first week I lost 1/2 lb and was disappointed. My second week I lost 8lb and was over the moon. Over 5 moths I have lost over 4 stone and am still over the moon. One week means nothing whatsoever, zero, nada. Your weight varies by up to half a stone throughout the day.

Also - you really dont have much to lose and if you *were* losing more than a pound or so a week I would be worried. Your starting weight is lower than my ultimate goal weight.

A veg idea which I nicked from TGI fridays - I have broccoli, green beans and sliced red peppers steamed. Seems to go well with a lot of things (of course it goes best with JD chicken and mash from fridays but still!).

I'm wondering if I've been doing EE wrong myself now - I've been doing the 1/3 superfree foods with a meal but I have had the odd yoghurt on it's own as a snack. Not sure what the snack rules are really but surely it's better than a packet of crisps or biscuits (which is probably what I would of had doing WW points).

Back