my first weigh in - kinda gutted!!!

yummymummynot

Hi all

I had my first weigh in this morning. i am really upset. I lost 5 lbs. To be honest i am gutted as I really expected to loose a lot more. I knew it yest as I had been naughtily hopping on my own scales and I knew it wasnt moving much. Its not the TOTM for me and I drank enough water to float the titanic. Dont know what went wrong. Chemist said it was an ok loss but she would have expected more in the first week. Prob is to get myself motivated again now. I had been feeling quite sick during the week and hoped that the boost I would get from the weigh in would spur me on. I shouldnt moan as its still 5 lbs but........................

Hi that is a great loss, i think to my self i couldnt lose this much on any other diet. Im on week 3 it does get easier honestly, the lady i see thinks i should be losing it quicker,but everyone is different a!!!
Keep up ya good work next week if you lose another 5lb you are nearer to a stone even if you lose less every pound you do lose is great and getting you to your target weight, You are doing really well
:):):):):)

Dont be upset Yummy - this diet varies so much from person to person. You need to focus on the overall picture - 5 lbs in one week is a fantastic loss.

I have had weeks where my losses were low and I was a bit pi**ed of but overall I know I wouldnt lose this much weight using any traditional methods. This diet works - So well done you keep going and bring on week 2. xx

Thanks and I know ye are right. But reading all the other posts people seem to have really great loss the first week and then it settles down a bit. i seem to have missed the big loss week. I know i am being silly as I would never loose 5 lbs in a week on any other diet but its such a tough diet I just thought the first weeks reward would be higher!!!! Anyway I have to pull myself together and just put it down to experience. thats what i get for getting my hopes up too much. Anyway will stick with it and see what week 2 brings.

Cheers for the support

xx

Hi mine was 7lb the first week then 6lb the second, everyone is different, be boring if we were all the same, i wanted to loss more as i have read all the post some have lost 10lb and more in one week!!! i dont get how they can lose it so quick, but im happy and you should be to, doing so well

Yummymummy 5lbs is still good, DONT GIVE UP!!

You may get a big one next week, im aiming for a big one!

WE CAN DO IT! keep strong.xx

yummymummy hang in there.... i had the big weightloss the first week and then went to 2lbs the second week.... it can be so disheartening, but remember if you were just on a 'normal' diet how long it would take to lose 5lbs just like you did..... the weightloss evens out over the month.... gotta celebrate with the big losses and stay strong with the small ones! keep goin and chin up! 5lbs is brill!

Yummy - 5lbs is fantastic! I've my first weigh in on friday and i think this is the first day i've not been weak from hunger. Things definately seemed to have kicked in. I hope i do as well as you've done! Keep it positive girl, you're doing great! (from one mummy to another- it aint easy!) Sxxx

I just have to concur with everything said above. You could have three weeks of 5lbs for all you know at this point so stick with it. You can't get too hung up on everyone else's results as everyone is different. Personally I wish I was doing as well as Yeye but I'm not so I just have to accept that. However, I do know that I wouldn't have lost anywhere near as much on any other diet and that is the thing to constantly remember. DO NOT GIVE UP. You might be feeling a bit disheartened because this diet can seem like a slog at first and it's the big losses that are our rewards but get through weeks 2 and 3 and it does get so much easier. I'm on week 9 now and the time has flown by, I promise you. And by the time you get to here, a 5lbs loss will have you bouncing off the walls with joy. So stay strong. You can get there and you will if you just stick at it.

Give it another week hun and see what the results are next week! I agree with the above you probably wont be one of those who has a dip in the second or third week and could even lose more than 5 next time! Good luck xxx

Thanks so much to everyone for replying. Ye are all right. A) 5lbs is a great loss in a week in anyones language and B) I might make up for it next week. I think it was the green eyed monster in me looking at all the fabulous results ye are all achieving. Well i have to stop feeling sorry for myself and push onwards and upwards(actually downwards). My journey might take a little longer but I didnt get fat overnight either!!!

Anyway the sun is shining, I am finished work in an hour, I am 5 lbs lighter than I was this time last week. Whats so bad about that eh!!!

Cheers for all the words on encouragement. I am going to stick this out.

Thanks so much to everyone for replying. Ye are all right. A) 5lbs is a great loss in a week in anyones language and B) I might make up for it next week. I think it was the green eyed monster in me looking at all the fabulous results ye are all achieving. Well i have to stop feeling sorry for myself and push onwards and upwards(actually downwards). My journey might take a little longer but I didnt get fat overnight either!!!

Anyway the sun is shining, I am finished work in an hour, I am 5 lbs lighter than I was this time last week. Whats so bad about that eh!!!

That's the spirit.

yummymummynot said:

Good on ya Hun, n I agree with wat everyone has said.
Chin up n think if the new slimmer u by summer.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hurrah, yes lets be postive!!!

5lbs is a great amount of weight - i hope you weren't too hungry this last week?

I wasnt exactly hungry but did feel sick a day or two which I presume was a sudden reduction in sugar levels!!!! Sleeping great, not a lot of energy yet but am sure it will come. Sticking to my guns this week and hoping for as much if not more lost nextr week!!

Cheers

HEy, well done on your loss - 5lb is an amazing achievement, you dont tend to lose that on most other diets, you may als get a bigger shock next week too :) Dont let it get to you, continue the good work and its also about the inches and not the lbs!! :)

good on you for losing 5lb that is brill!! dont get to disappointed, like every1 have said you may have a bigger loss next WI. keep going and stay positive. :)

Back