My first weight loss diary

I have had a very bad week.. I need to be more organised if I want to succeed. So from today I will keep this diary more updated.
B: coffe with semi skimmed milk(1/2ha)
Lunch : grilled chicken breast and a cup of green tea)
Will edit the rest of day as I go along... I hope I lose the pounds I have gained :(

It is hard when the people around you don't care about their weight and just eat... I know I turn to food for comfort, or because I feel bored.... I am restarting again as I have put on all the weight I'd lost... My hormones are not helping me... I feel anxious and I crave for sweets and carbs... Don't know how to control myself in days like this....

Sorry to hear you've been finding it hard. I've been going through that a bit this week. I've managed not to give in so far but I just really want to eat everything around me! :( Not really sure how to combat it. I've used things like options (2 syns) and other low-syn treats when I get cravings. Maybe you could write down the different things that trigger you to go off plan, and then try to come up with some strategies to avoid eating the wrong things at those times?

I know what you meant about it being hard when other people around you are eating whatever you want. The great thing about SW though is that you can still eat plenty if you eat the right things, so it shouldn't feel like you are dieting. You don't seem to have had a lot for breakfast/lunch. Are you eating enough? E.g., I just tried the mushy pea curry today & it was yum. Definitely didn't feel like I was eating diet food, yet it had no syns (I'm doing EE). If you look up petes recipes, there are tons of lovely recipes in there - mixing it up makes it feel like you're not sticking to a diet! You should use up your syns too so you don't feel like you're dieting & end up packing it in.

Just put that week behind you anyway and just focus on getting back on track - that's usually the trickiest bit so you've made the right first step! :) Good luck x

estefiposhi said:
I have had a very bad week.. I need to be more organised if I want to succeed. So from today I will keep this diary more updated.
B: coffe with semi skimmed milk(1/2ha)
Lunch : grilled chicken breast and a cup of green tea)
Will edit the rest of day as I go along... I hope I lose the pounds I have gained :(

Snack black coffee with sweetener and 2 biscuits (5 syns)
Dinner toasted chicken sandwich with green veggies salad (bread from HEB)
Total syns 5 :)

sparkles37 said:
Sorry to hear you've been finding it hard. I've been going through that a bit this week. I've managed not to give in so far but I just really want to eat everything around me! :( Not really sure how to combat it. I've used things like options (2 syns) and other low-syn treats when I get cravings. Maybe you could write down the different things that trigger you to go off plan, and then try to come up with some strategies to avoid eating the wrong things at those times?

I know what you meant about it being hard when other people around you are eating whatever you want. The great thing about SW though is that you can still eat plenty if you eat the right things, so it shouldn't feel like you are dieting. You don't seem to have had a lot for breakfast/lunch. Are you eating enough? E.g., I just tried the mushy pea curry today & it was yum. Definitely didn't feel like I was eating diet food, yet it had no syns (I'm doing EE). If you look up petes recipes, there are tons of lovely recipes in there - mixing it up makes it feel like you're not sticking to a diet! You should use up your syns too so you don't feel like you're dieting & end up packing it in.

Just put that week behind you anyway and just focus on getting back on track - that's usually the trickiest bit so you've made the right first step! :) Good luck x

Thanks for being so supportive :) I am still learning how to use my syns in a clever way. I feel a lot better today as I did things in a good way. I am going for a good walk tomorrow morning to kick start the day! I know that one of the biggest and hardest thing to overcome is boredom and being around the house. Maybe if I find something to do I will not turn to food... I will avoid Danish pastries as I go out of control when I've eaten one. I don't really know what to do with breakfast. Here in Argentina we don't pay much attention to it but I have very long days so ill try to work on them and see if I feel less hungry during the day... Hope you keep doing well!!!!!

Thanks for being so supportive :) I am still learning how to use my syns in a clever way. I feel a lot better today as I did things in a good way. I am going for a good walk tomorrow morning to kick start the day! I know that one of the biggest and hardest thing to overcome is boredom and being around the house. Maybe if I find something to do I will not turn to food... I will avoid Danish pastries as I go out of control when I've eaten one. I don't really know what to do with breakfast. Here in Argentina we don't pay much attention to it but I have very long days so ill try to work on them and see if I feel less hungry during the day... Hope you keep doing well!!!!!

Ah ok, I didn't realise you're not in the UK. Is it harder to follow in Argentina? I presume a lot of the things in the books/on the website are probably geared towards UK products? I think it's advised to use your syns so that if there's something you really like, e.g., biscuits / chocolate, you can still have those treats. Otherwise, if people are being very strict with themselves, they're more likely to feel deprived & to pack it in completely. If you need tips for breakfasts, there is a thread here about breakfasts where you might be able to get some useful ideas.

Anyway, glad today went well. Hope you have a good week! :)

Hooray!!! I did very well today.. Feel proud of myself:) I follow extra easy...
B coffe with semi skimmed milk
Snack: fat free yogurt and an orange
Lunch: tuna salad with beet rot potatoes tomatoes and asparagus with tsp mustard
Snack black coffe and 6 biscuits 10 syns
Dinner: spaghetti tomato sauce...

Total syns 11
1 hour walking in the park

Hooray!!! I did very well today.. Feel proud of myself:) I follow extra easy...
B coffe with semi skimmed milk
Snack: fat free yogurt and an orange
Lunch: tuna salad with beet rot potatoes tomatoes and asparagus with tsp mustard
Snack black coffe and 6 biscuits 10 syns
Dinner: spaghetti tomato sauce...

Total syns 11
1 hour walking in the park

Well done! :D

Woke up rather late today so I skipped breakfast.. Not very good but....
Lunch: risotto with tuna. Olive oil HE and an orange.
Snak: coffee with artificial sweetener and fat free yogurt.
Dinner:homemade burgers with salad.
WI today wasn't that bad. I gained 2 pounds but I was expecting more so I feel motivated to continue!!!

After coming and going, lots of celebrations... I am restarting .. Today I had coffee with a bit of milk HEA . Lunch: fish with mustard sauce and tomato salad a tangerine. Dinner will be spaghetti with mussels! Oil HEB
Syns: 2 in the mustard.

Weigh in today lost 3 lb!!! Less than 2 st to target!! Today I ate chicken burgers. I screwed it up at dinner ate ravioli don't know how many syns there plus 3 bread rolls and 6 biscuits

estefiposhi said:
Weigh in today lost 3 lb!!! Less than 2 st to target!! Today I ate chicken burgers. I screwed it up at dinner ate ravioli don't know how many syns there plus 3 bread rolls and 6 biscuits

Wow that's brill, well done! :)

Coming back from a nasty flu... It is going to be a red week as I've bought tons of meat... Today I had asado or BBQ and a piece of dark chocolate 5/6 syns there..

estefiposhi said:
Coming back from a nasty flu... It is going to be a red week as I've bought tons of meat... Today I had asado or BBQ and a piece of dark chocolate 5/6 syns there..

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope you are better and good luck this week x

sparkles37 said:
Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope you are better and good luck this week x

Thanks for popping by. I am much better. Not completely great yet but will go back to my morning walks all the same. Weigh in today was good. I'm on 65 kg which means 10 kg from target. Hope to continue losing pounds. How are you doing? Still on WW?

Wiiiiiii -1lb!!!!! 64.5 kg!!!! Very happy. Need to concentrate to keep going. I have been eating tuna and rice salad... Lots of 0 calorie jelly and fruit !!!! Need to star jogging again though :(

Wiiiiiii -1lb!!!!! 64.5 kg!!!! Very happy. Need to concentrate to keep going. I have been eating tuna and rice salad... Lots of 0 calorie jelly and fruit !!!! Need to star jogging again though :(

Well done! :) I'd forgotten about 0 calorie jelly, I must stock up on some of it! Good luck getting back into jogging!

I have managed to talk my family into SW. I am to create a menu for the week. I have also decided to move WI day to Saturday as Wednesday is not doing any favours to me.... Hope I can manage the weekend...

Back