My Food Diary....

Ok it's only day 2 and I'm a bit sick of fatty foods already but will power through as I understand the first few weeks is the worst.

Yesterday's menu was:

Breakfast - bacon, scrambled eggs, grilled salami, mushrooms and x 3 cherry tomatoes

Dinner - roast chicken, cabbage in a cream and bacon sauce (homemade) as well as a few sprouts and some Broccoli

Snacks - x 2 Babybel cheddar, x 2 mini peperami sticks

Drinks - water, coffee with sweetener and cream (x3) and diet soda and I did check and they are pretty much carb free. Has about 2 glasses of the soda.

Ok today's diary is as follows

Day 2 on Atkins

Breakfast - x 3 small eggs scrambled with a bit of chopped up salami and a coffee made with a dash of cream

Snack - x 2 celery sticks, 1 Babybel cheddar, x 2 mini peperami sticks

Lunch - chicken, bacon and a little chopped cheese salad (salad made with iceberg lettuce and cucumber) with Mayo. Had a sugar free jelly as well.

Dinner - homemade burgers x 2 small ones wrapped in lettuce with a couple of cherry tomatoes, mayo and a sprinkle of cheese melted.

Water about 3 glasses in the day will have a couple more before bed

Is there anything obviously wrong with this???

Hi

I've had to have a day off it today as I've been ill all week on atkins. I have heard of the flu on atkins thing but I had the shakes, terrible headache, felt sick and dizzy and had diarrhea.

Surely this is not normal on atkins is it? I had to have a day off work. What could I do to stop this as I was on the under 20g carbs a day.

I'm going to start again tomorrow but any advise would be appreciated? Maybe 50gr but would this put me into ketosis?

Back