My Food & Weight Loss Diary

uoyevoli

Hi all,

I'm Aaliyah. :)

This is my first shot at Slimming World and my first attempt at any diet. Ideally I am looking to lose around 4 stone to get to a healthy weight as since my teens my weight has been slowly creeping up each year.

I follow the SW plan from home and weigh myself on Thursdays. I usually do green days but throw in the odd red day once in a while.

Wish me luck on my SW journey.

Last edited:
Monday 8th November - Green Day

Breakfast
Shredded Wheat (HEx B)
Milk (HEx A)

Dinner
1 Egg, SW Chips, Beans & BBQ Dip (2 Syns)

Snacks
1 Date (1.5 Syns)
2 Bowls of Chickpea Salad & Low Fat Yoghurt
2 x Scrambled Egg

Drinks
Water
2 Cans of Coca Cola (14 Syns) :/
1 Can of Diet Cherry Coca Cola

Total:

* I fasted today so my breakfast was before I started my fast & my dinner when I broke my fast.

Last edited:
Last week went well.

I had a blowout on the weekend though which involved a Dixy chicken meal with 7UP and Coca Cola. I'm back on track as of yesterday :D

Last edited:
Sunday 14th November - Green Day

Breakfast
2 Eggs & 2 Pieces of Bread [HEx B]

Lunch
2 Eggs, 2 Pieces of Quorn Ham & SW Chips

Dinner
Aloo Gobi & Rice

Snacks
1 Light Dairylea Triangle [HEx A]
1 Slice of Melon
Strawberries
Grapes

Drinks
Water
Sprite Zero
Options Hot Chocolate & Milk [HEx A] (2 Syns)

Total: 2 Syns

Last edited:
All good so far, you'll have to stop with the full fat coke tho, ouch! When do you weigh in?

I know, coke is my biggest downfall. :(

Gonna weigh in tomorrow then will see the results. Not expecting a big weight loss, any loss will make me happy.

Last edited:
My list of meals for dinner this week

Monday

Aloo Gobi and Rice

Tuesday

Biryani

Wednesday

Noodles

Thursday

Egg Fried Rice

Friday

Spag Bol

Monday 15th November - Green Day

Breakfast
2 Eggs, 2 Quorn Sausages, Beans & 2 Pieces of Quorn Ham

Lunch
Aloo Gobi

Dinner
1 Beef Quorn Sandwich & Dairylea Cheese Cheese [Hex A & 1 HEx B]
2 Corn On The Cob
with lemon juice & spices

Snacks
3 x Twizzlers (Approx 6 Syns each)
2 Alpen Cereal Bar [1 HEx B]
Grapes
Melon
1 Dairylea Triangle [HEx A]
2 Shape Fat Free Yoghurts
1 Plum

Total: 18 Syns :cry:

Exercise: 10 mins on crosstrainer.

Last edited:
If you can, try to cut down on and then cut out the Coke all together - I know you might be thinking that its not possible, but I used to drink it all the time too and made a new years resolution to stop - this new year I will have not had any for a whole year. The first few days are really bad but you will not believe the difference in how you feel after even just a week; your tummy feels softer and looks flatter, and you just feel so much better overall. The coke could be what is holding you back from feeling the effects of a healthy diet, especially with it being the full sugar version - your sugar levels must be all over the place and when they dip the first thing you'll reach for is a snack, or more Coke to bring them back up again. Please seriously think about what you are doing to yourself I can't urge it enough, stopping drinking Coke was the best thing I've ever done and I can't stress it enough (as you can tell!)

I'm drinking a lot less than I used to. I used to drink about 1-2 cans everyday :eek: I'm not missing it so much these days as I can't afford to waste so many syns on just a drink. I did start drinking Diet Cherry Coke but I found that I had severe stomach pains after drinking it? So I've switched to drinking Sprite Zero instead. Hopefully I wanna up my intake of water and cut down on the fizzy drinks that's the plan. Thanks for the advice. :)

I went on a hunt for my weighing scales today and I can not find them anywhere. It looks like I'll need to buy a new pair ASAP.

Today has been a complete and utter mess. I have been feeling really depressed about my weight and I suppose it doesn't help that I ate a lot of sweets either :rolleyes:
I've totally gone off plan. I'm hoping that I will be back on track tomorrow and start doing 20-30 minutes of exercise a day as dh and I bought a crosstrainer on the weekend so there is no excuse.

Okay so I'm feeling a bit more positive after yesterdays hiccup. I'm still feeling a bit down about my weight but I'm the only one who can do anything about it. It didn't help that dh said it looked like I was putting on weight. :( I'm just putting it down to being bloated as I usually am around * week which is due soon.

I'm hoping to burn around 100 cals on the crosstrainer today. It usually takes me around 5 mins to burn 10 :p so I expect it'll take 50mins to an 1hour to get to my goal. I'll do it when I'm watching the apprentice.

The size 14 trousers arrived today that I bought off eBay. My goal is to get in them before the new year. At the moment they're a tight on the waist area. So wish me luck and hopefully I'll be slipping into them in no time. :D

So far today...

Wed 17th Nov -
Green Day

Breakfast

Warm Water, Honey (1 Syn) & Lemon Juice
28g Bitesize Shredded Wheat [HEx B]
150ml Semi Skimmed Milk [1/2 of HEx A]
Strawberry Shape Zero 0% Yoghurt

Snacks
Hello Panda Biscuits (7 Syns Approx)
2 x Japanese Hard Boiled Sweets (1 Syn Each Approx)

Lunch
Two Pieces of Nimble [HEx B]
1 Dairylea Light Cheese Triangle [1/2 HEx A]
2 Pieces of Quorn Beef
1/2 Onion Chopped Into Slices

Dinner
2 Pieces of Quorn Ham, 2 Eggs, 3 Quorn Sausages & Beans :eek:

Snacks
10 Strawberries
1 Dairylea Light Triangle
5 Boiled Eggs
:eek:

Drinks
Water
Sprite Zero

Total: 10 Syns

Calories Burnt:
20 :(

Last edited:
Okay so I have a bit of a dilemma. I now have two sets of scales now one manual where the dial moves to your weight and the other electronic which once you step on it gives you your weight.

One states (the manual one) I am 84kg (185lbs) and the other (electronic) states I am 91kg (200lbs). I weighed myself on both of them at the same time (i.e within a few minutes of each other) I have no idea which one is right :( I'm thinking to just stick with the manual one as I really don't trust the electronic one? Lol.

Any advice? I really want to update my weight loss but can't do that until I decide which one to go with? My ticker is based on the weight recording with an electronic one before I first started SW.

Thursday 18th November - Green Day

Breakfast
Warm water, 1 tsp honey (1 syn) & 1 tsp lemon juice

Lunch
Two Pieces of Nimble Bread [HEx B]
2 Pieces of Quorn Beef
1 Dairylea Light Triangle [HEx A]
Onion
1 Activia FF Yoghurt

Snack

Dinner
Chicken Biryani [HEx B]
FF Yoghurt

Snack
Channa Chat
FF Yoghurt
Mini Twister (1.5 Syn)
Options Hot Chocolate [HEx A & 2 Syns)

Total: 4.5 Syns

I'm really annoyed because my dh said I eat too much and that I should take something to cure my hunger. :cry:Thanks for the support I guess.

In reference to my previous update I have decided to stick with my manual scales for now. So it's a weight loss of around 5lbs since 8th Nov! :eek:

So far...

Friday 19th November - Green Day

Lunch
2 Pieces of Bread [HEx B]
3 Pieces of Beef Quorn
Onions

Snack
Hello Panda Biscuits (7 Syns Approx)

Dinner
Chicken Stirfry (with peppers, noodles, beansprouts, carrots, chicken stock & chicken) [HEx B]

Snack
Grapes

Drinks
Water
Sprite Zero

Back