My fresh start with SW without knowing my weight.....

mummyem85

I have another diary on here that I wrote as I lost 5.5 stone. I was going pretty well between June to Xmas (lost 5 stone in that time!) but after Xmas I struggled and only lost half a stone in 4 months - then I went on holiday, lost the plot and have eaten everything in sight since.

So this is a completely fresh start. I rejoined yesterday, sat at the new member table and got a new fresh book and started again from week 1 forgetting what I lost before.
Now, I am trying something new because I get so fixed on the number on the scales I am trying to not find out my weight. Another member who joined the same time as me last year told me that is what she does and suggested I try the same. It seems like a great idea to me after putting on a big chunk of what I had lost before (I don't know exactly what I put on but I know it is at least 2 stone!)

So my consultant weighed me and didn't write anything in my book except the date and covered the scale reading with a piece of paper. Every week when I get weighed all I have to do is ask the person weighing if she could just write my losses down and not my weight and again cover the scale reading. Really hoping it will stop me fretting so much about the number, I hate looking at that number and no matter how much I have lost I still see the big fat number. I have around 10 stone to lose to get to goal I guess so I have such a long way to go....
When I get congratulated on how well I have done I am one of those people that say 'I might have lost X amount but I still have X amount to go' and I won't be able to do that now, I will only be able to celebrate the loss, not how far I have to go!

I am known for setting hard targets that I know are achievable so yet again I have set another target. I would like to lose 5 stone by Xmas. Yes it is a lot but I did it last year (I have done it once before too!) and I'm hoping because I put on weight really fast since my holiday, it should be quite easy to shift again - well we will see anyway :)

So menu today is

Breakfast - hot weetabix made with hot water

Lunch - Pasta and baked beans with cheese and some veg on side

Dinner - chicken kofta curry from an old magazine

Syns - Fab ice lolly and a freddo

I am on a tight budget at the moment so trying to stick to cheap meals but I am having trouble finding any! Lunch I have never had before but I googled cheap meals and it came up so hope I like it! Carb overload though lol, guess that is the best thing about SW!

Planning on coming here every day, even if just to do the menu for a little while to keep me thinking SW! X

Last night was hard, we got in the habit of snacking in the evenings when I was off track and trying to break that habit is blummin hard! I saved my syns for the evening but it still wasn't the same as a whole bag of chocolate covered peanuts lol! I resisted though and went to bed pretty miserable I must admit, but I know it gets better so hopefully I can hold out.

I have had another good day today. MIL came and took the kids away this morning and Hubby has been at work all day so I have had the day to myself. I decided the trick was to keep myself busy so I decided to re-arrange the kids bedrooms and try to make more space for them. It worked and I didn't feel like picking at all.

I didn't end up having my lunch until 3pm so not hungry yet and trying to hold out making dinner another hour to hopefully stop the evening munchies tonight!
We went to the shop an hour ago to get a card for Hubbys Dad. I wouldn't say I was tempted to pick up a bar of chocolate but it felt wrong by NOT doing it, every time I go to the shop lately I pick up some chocolate so today just seemed weird.

Today's menu

BREAKFAST - hot weetabix made with water

LUNCH - half a can of stagg vegetable chilli (1.5 syns) with pasta, HE cheese and extra veg

DINNER - The chicken kofta curry I was supposed to have last night (had chilli instead last night)

SYNS - Freddo (5 syns) Fab ice lolly (5.5 syns)

x

Having dinner later last night worked. I wasn't craving rubbish as much and when time came around to have my fab ice lolly and freddo I made them last! I swear the freddo alone lasted me a good 20 minutes and I really enjoyed it. Not like when I would go buy a big bar of galaxy and eat it as fast as I could, I never really tasted it!

So this morning I am bored and hungry. I try to hold out having my breakfast until 11.30am so I only have a couple of hours to wait for lunch then! I will last until then!
I have been drinking so much squash it is unreal, so lots of water which I have never really done before, really hope it helps x

I am panicking - what of I have gained weight this week? I have had pasta for lunch the last 2 days and again today and 2 nights in a row I have had a whole boil in the bag rice to myself. I know SW is eat until you are full as long as you have a 3rd superfree you should be fine and I have been doing this long enough to know it works but I can't help second guessing it. I figured out why. I normally can test myself at home if it is working by weighing myself everyday and by not doing that I can't prove to myself it is working!
Today is day 4, Thursday morning I will find out but I got a feeling weighing again this week is going to be just as nerve wracking as weighing last week! The next few days had better fly by!

The kids will be coming home from Nannies in a little while after Nanny has taken them to a fete. They will no doubt come home with loads of sweets and things so today is going to be the real test of my willpower! Oh and I figured out why I am so damn hungry this week, it is my hungry week of the month where I don't stop eating from dusk until dawn usually. I must make it through this week then next week will be easier! x

Today's Menu

BREAKFAST - 2 hot weetabix made with water

LUNCH - Pasta, baked beans, mixed veg and HE cheese

DINNER - SW Roast chicken with gravy

SYNS - fab ice lolly and a freddo

x

I cannot believe how cheap my shopping is this week!
One of my excuses for not joining SW again was I couldn't afford the £5 a week. Everyone convinced me I would be saving £££ by not popping to the shop for rubbish and take aways so I would actually save money, I had no excuse not to join then!

I didn't expect my general weekly shop would be less too though, I always picked up offers when not on plan so was expecting this weeks shopping to be dearer by going by a list.
I normally spend £80-£90 a week shopping and then go back on Thursdays to top up. Today's shopping was £35.11! OK so I already had the eggs at home to make omelettes one night and didn't need to buy any more weetabix but still I think it is pretty good! I do have to go again on Thursday to get some fresh meat/salad/fruit but I added it all up on tesco online and it comes to £20ish so still only £55 for a weeks shopping.
I will get rich and lose weight too :D

Still worried I won't lose weight though, I think it will be on my mind until 9.30am Thursday comes around.

Todays menu

BREAKFAST - weetabix made with hot water

LUNCH - Spinach and rocket salad with cucumber and new potatoes

DINNER - Sweet potato curry

SYNS - Fab ice lolly and a freddo

Oh I have just realized today is a green day without me even noticing :) Not sure if I will have an extra A and B though, we will see if I am hungry tonight then I might have cheese on toast mmmmm. Best days are when you realized you can have extra A and B :)

I cheated and got on the scales this morning :( Not that it told me if I had lost or gained mind, because I have no idea what I was when I started! Well it kind of did......

2 weeks ago I was X stone 5lbs. For 10 days after that WI at home I ate everything I could fit in, mostly chocolate! This morning my scales say I am X minus 1 and 11lbs.
Do you understand that?
Basically since last time I weighed myself I am 8lbs down :eek:
Last time I did have a vest top and trousers on and this time I was just in my underwear but I think it has put my mind at rest, surely if my scales say I am 8lbs lighter SW scales will show a loss too? I'm not expecting 8lbs mind but I would be happy with 4 :) 2 more days to go until I find out!!!!

Scales put safely away again and hopefully it is the last time I will see them for a while!

Does anyone else try to hold out as long as possible for breakfast? My Hubby thinks I am weird but I'm not a great fan of snacking, I am one of these people that believe in having 3 meals a day and something to eat in front of the TV (OK, so that IS snacking but it is a habit I am stuck with!)

I wake up at 7.00am, have a bath, get kids ready and sit down for 10 minutes before school run with a cup of coffee. That does tend to fill me up. Before rejoining I wasn't a big coffee drinker, I could maybe go 2 weeks before having one but lately it has become my ritual!
Then I have my breakfast at 11.30 ish, lunch I start preparing at 2pm and dinner is probably around 6ish and my syns I have at 9pm.

I'm still in the stage of watching the clock for when it is time for my next meal and SW is constantly in my head! I am going to make the most of it while I can because I know soon enough I will get comfortable, sneak things in and get all upset about gains I totally deserve lol. Might as well try to do my best while I am in that frame of mind right?

Todays menu

BREAKFAST - 2 hot weetabix made with water

LUNCH - spinach and rocket salad with 1syn salad cream, new potatoes and cucumber

DINNER - cheese, onion, ham omelette with new potatoes and veg

SYNS - yet again a fab and a freddo

x

Just a quickie :)

I went to bingo with my Mum, Aunt and cousin tonight....
We all met at my Aunts and she is a wedding cake maker. She had made a taster one and had cut me an my Mum a huge slice off complete with butter cream, jam and thick icing :eek: It was on the side and I was the only one in the room while my Aunt got ready. I resisted it and my Mum ate both slices instead when she turned up!

Then, when at bingo my Aunt always brings a big bag of crisp and a bar of chocolate for each of us. I went to the toilet and when I came back it was sitting on my table but I said straight away No Thanks! so my Mum had them too :eek: It wa a topic as well, can't believe I turned down a topic!

Then on the way home my cousin had won some money so she wanted a KFC and offered to buy us all one too. I said no and was really proud of myself but the smell of the car when the other 3 were eating....mmmmmm.

I got home and straight away had my fab and freddo and now I am feeling good :) Just one more whole day before WI! x

Today's menu

BREAKFAST - 2 weetabix made with hot water

LUNCH - Spinach and Rocket salad with cucumber, new potatoes, HE cheese and 1 syn salad cream

DINNER - chilli (peppers, onions, tom puree, el mince) with spinach instead of rice (got to keep it light day before WI lol)

SYNS - fab and freddo AGAIN!

I have a parents evening tonight at 4.45 and I know I will be starving when I get back so I will cook the chilli lunchtime ready for me to re-heat later. Oh the nerves about tomorrow WI are setting in now!

x

Good luck with your weigh in! I am good all day but a habitual snacker at night too, so have replaced my 'sharing' bag of crisps with wholemeal toast spread with extra light laughing cow. That usually gives me the carbs I crave and ticks the Healthy Extra boxes too!

Thank you :) x

I miss having 2 HEs a day! I used to do the red plan a lot before I fell off plan but thought I would give EE a go first then have a mixture of days once I'm back in the swing of things :) x

Well!!! So much for worrying earlier in the week I hadn't lost.

I LOST 11.5LBS :) :) :D

I am amazed! Really chuffed!

So my goal for 70lbs by Xmas looks pretty good so far (granted I am only 1 week in to it!) I am *only* 58.5lbs away :D Works out at just over a 2lb a week loss and as long as I stay firmly on track I am sure it is doable

My not knowing weight thing is out the window now though, I forgot to tell her I didn't want to know :( Oh well at least I know how much more I need to lose to get my club 10 (1st 6lbs away)

Here's to another good week :D

That is amazing!! Well done, you will have lost a stone in the next week or 2 x

Thanks, both of you :D

Thursday I had a day off track as I always do! I had weetabix for breakfast followed by a popping candy dairy milk thingy bar (love love love them!). Then lunch I had a bag of white chocolate buttons! Dinner was spag bol using dolmio sauce because I was being lazy, 4 slice garlic baguette and my evening snack was 200g galaxy :eek:. Lots of syns I don't even want to think about lol.
Needless to say I didn't get on my scales yesterday lol

Yesterday I was 100% back on track again (bacon, chips and fried egg for dinner mmmm) and I got on my scales this morning and since I weighed myself on my scales before WI Thursday I am 1.5lbs down :) Oh I love how easy it is to lose weight in the first month!

Of course, now I know my weight I am back to my usual daily WI at home :( I hate doing it, I would rather wait for the surprise on a Thursday but I cannot break the habit! It is like there is a magnet pulling me to them!

Really hoping for my stone award this week!

Today's menu

BREAKFAST - weetabix with hot water

LUNCH - AH lentil dahl and strawberries after

DINNER - my first attempt at home made chicken chow mein!

x

Throw away the scales! I threw mine away years ago. I do have a wii so I have to faff about setting it up if I want to weigh myself! The annoying thing about the wii is that it expects you to weigh in every day but that goes against recommendations of only weighing in once a week.

Back