my god this is hard

sasha63

I ♥ CD !!
hi lm finding it very difficult at the moment to stay 100% , my hubby is home after an 8 week spell away at work lm cooking all his favourite meals. and when were out we will just pop in for a coffee and he will have a yummy cake :sigh: so far l have managed to still strong but by god it's hard , l want to loose the weight really bad and lm doing well its just the temptation that are poping up

You are doing so much better then me, I have no will power what so ever, I have restarted as of yesterday and have been 100%, apart from 100ml of orange squash to go into my water. I will slowly ease off it over the next 2 wks.

Stay strong and you will get to where you want to be

No Willpower required (hang on, that sounds familiar... :))

I'll find the link to Mike Scott's newsletters in a minute. :D

But in all seriousness, willpower's a myth. It's not something you either have or don't have. Instead, your ability to resist tempting food comes from believing you can do it (which you can!).

No one's forcing food into your mouth: it's a choice. You're choosing whether to eat the food or not eat the food. You're choosing whether to stay overweight or get slim.

It's the difference between wishful thinking (Oh God, I want to eat that!) and having your wishes granted (thank God I didn't eat that! I'm getting slimmer by the minute).

Okay, cheesey stuff, LOL. But be careful what you tell yourself about your ability to resist food!

Sasha, does your hubby know how it makes you feel when he has a yummy cake? Have you asked him if he'd help you by not having one - especially seeing as you're cooking all his favourite meals anyway? Seems fair to me.

thanks hun

Sasha, does your hubby know how it makes you feel when he has a yummy cake? Have you asked him if he'd help you by not having one - especially seeing as you're cooking all his favourite meals anyway? Seems fair to me

he has being working in a third world country and has dropped 2 1/2 st in 8weeks so l think l can allow a yummy cake this once , l shall voice my opinion the next time :D:D:D

Sasha, does your hubby know how it makes you feel when he has a yummy cake? Have you asked him if he'd help you by not having one - especially seeing as you're cooking all his favourite meals anyway? Seems fair to me

he has being working in a third world country and has dropped 2 1/2 st in 8weeks so l think l can allow a yummy cake this once , l shall voice my opinion the next time :D:D:D

LOL, I s'pose he might need feeding up a bit... We'll let him off this once. I bet you, though, that if you'd had that cake, it wouldn't have tasted anywhere near as good as it looked. That's the funny thing about falling off the wagon, I've found. The food I go for never tastes quite like I think it's going to, but of course once I start eating, I get that 'what the hell' feeling (which is of course why I'm still here, plodding away) and eat everything in sight. That's the stuff I'm trying to work on at the moment, LOL - can you tell? ;) My Kindle's full of overcoming overeating type books at the mo - hence my well-cheesey statements. :D

Back