My head is struggling big time

Mr Gilbo

I am on day 6 now. I feel fine. I am not hungry at all. But I want to eat something. I wish that all those occasions I did Slimming World had actually worked.

This has become one of the easiest and hardest diets I have ever done. I don't want to go eat junk tho. I want to eat food that is good for me. I would love a Chicken salad, or maybe a jacket potato with a healthy chili con carne with lots of veg.

I think I am getting to the end of my tether with LighterLife.

Please stick it out. You can do it. Wait until you have your first weigh in and meeting and see what the results are. I promise you it will spur you on. You will get results like you won't beleive. Just don't destroy all your hard work now.

it gets hard for everyone, but given time you will stop thinking about food. I promise. read some of the inspiring stories on here and see how you feel then. Think of how hard you worked to even get the right to do the diet and all the reasons the other diets didn't work.

Think of your docs face when you can show what you have achieved. This diet works - for everyone. So don't give up on it!

Day six is no the time to get to the end of your tether, it's the time to recognise you've embarked on what will be the first time you have successfully reached your goal weight and had the support to maintain it.
You don't need food. You want to lose weight and you've got to day six. Once you've had your first weigh in and can see the results it will be more than worth it. Don't sabbotage yourself now. The feeling you'll have in the summer when you're slim will be so worth it for getting through a Friday evening without reaching inside the fridge.
You can do this!!

I agree, dont give up. We all have those times when we want to eat, maybe try some of the recipes with your packs so they feel more substantual ? xx

A problem I seem to be facing is the packs. It's like because my head still feels that it's feeding time and although the packs are palatable they aren't amazing. So this is when I get the cravings.

I kinda wish that you could just take 4 tablets a day and not have to eat anything. Well that is where my head is at today.

We were asked to think of a positive thought every night to bring into class for discussion on Monday night. Every night mine has been I am glad I haven't quit yet. I really hope that this becomes second nature and I don't think about it soon. Coz if it doesn't I'm not quite sure how my mental resolve is.

It really will become second nature, and its sooner than you think. The 1st week is always the hardest, your body is adjusting etc. You are probably already suffering from constipation, but you will be in ketosis by now so the hardest part is over. I agree with you the packs are rank, i only have the chocolate because i cant stand any of the others. But this programme allows you to step away from food and look at the reasons why you ate in the first place. They are just cravings and you can deal with them. Just keep imagining yourself at goal, discuss this with your group because i doubt you'll be the only one feeling this way. Learn to build your strength up now because you may need in it the future while on the programme at ppls birthdays etc x

I am on day 11 and feel amazing just bin the gym for a swim. I promise you it will get easier I lived for food every meal I had was high calorie! If I can do it you can! I lost a stone in my first week and that spurs me on!! Xx

lol, I just went to my first social gathering since starting the programme 3rd jan, and am home by 10.30, i just wasnt feeling it. everyone was getting so drunk and then the buffet came out, it smelt soooo good but i did refrain. Got my weigh in 11am 2maro so im really hoping for a big number this week x

Today is day eight. So i suppose technically I have completed a week. And yet i feel very down and not very positive about the whole experience.

Why not? Anything in particular bugging you? Do you have a goal date set for milestones? Do you have 'treats' for off moments. Not sure if fellas have big bubble baths or manicures, and I don't know why not, but your equivalent is good about now. They usually help. Perhaps make a list of things you could treat yourself too for days like today.

Your ticker says you have lost 2kg. In 8 days that is fab. Go find some weights or tins or something that weighs 2kgs and walk around with it a bit. That's a lot of weight gone!

mr G - I think I might know what is behind this.

You have dropped your level of carbs by doing LL. Carbs release serotonin into our brain which is a happiness hormone. it is the same hormone we have when we fall in love. This is why carbs are so nice to eat - not just the taste, but the feeling we get from them.

So it is natural to feel a little down when you are low in carbs. We have all struggled with it. You need to find other ways to perk yourself up. Exercising is a great way to boost serotonin especially if it is outdoors in the sunlight. Just taking a walk around the block will really help. Put on your iPod (or whatever) and enjoy some music and some me time. I promise this will help.

The packs: I found it helpful to think of the packs as medicine. Something you just have to "take" rather than "eat". Just get them down you at the right times and be done with it. The problem is that food is so associated with how we feel, that when the food you are eating isn't cheering you up you feel out of sorts.

I really hope you can get through this first couple of weeks. Because it will improve.

Hi Mr Gilbo
I haven't started yet so cannot help with the food thing, but I have suffered with low moods due to stress over the last 12 months and there are always things that help me. I was so unmotivated finishing my studies off i was doing anything I could to lift my mood.
Do you enjoy music? I found some very loud heavy metal lifted me up - either really shouty stuff ( for when I felt irritable) or happy cheesy stuff (to make me laugh)
A brisk walk (as others have said) always helps
Re-runs of Frasier or whatever you enjoy
A sauna was always good.
Plan a trip for when you are approaching goal weight, with all the things you thought you would never do due to your weight. I always wanted to do a Segway tour and was too heavy - I did it last year in Bruges on my birthday and it was the funnest thing I ever did. Too heavy again now, so I am setting that one back up for in a few months time!
Would a diary or blog help pin your thoughts down on paper?

Wow that's awesome!! Well done! xx

That's brilliant. Hope this week is easier for you.

Woohoo! Great start! Well done for sticking it out. You deserve every pound of that loss!

brilliant! You must be feeling like it was all worth it. Now you need to plan for how you are going to get through another week. maybe arrange a drop in with your counsellor for mid week, or some sort of celebration to congratulate yourself.

can tell already that you are going to do amazingly well!

Great stuff!

Back