My Here Goes Nothing Diary

Setas

Silver Member
Well I guess the title says it all - here goes nothing. I had secretly hoped to get away with staying on SS til I got to goal, because its my comfort blanket and so easy, but... I had a shoulder op last week and need to eat to get over that so with 12lbs to go to goal I have decided to start at Step 3 and work upwards. I couldn't see the point of eating for 2-3 weeks then going back to SS for a couple of weeks and then back to eating.

So I started eating on friday after I came out of hospital and have stuck to Step 3 or less since then. They wouldn't let me out of hospital til I had eaten and I was still completely dopy from the anaesthetic but still managed to make a choice of chicken salad rather than a huge sandwich or baked potato with all my favourite fillings! so am pleased with that!!

Its all about control for me - how long can I control what I eat. So far (touch wood and everything else) its OK. I have been reading the Beck book and will be going through the workbook as soon as this week is over. Practised some of it this evening - saying NO CHOICE before feeding the childrens leftovers to the dogs - so am feeling very proud of myself.

I'll need all the support any of you can spare to do this bit - because I now have to make choices!

Thanks ;-)

Well done Setas - you've done brilliantly so far and I am sure you will continue to do well on step 3. Keep the Beck book close as it really does help but only if you read it and do the exercises ;)

I look forward to reading your diary over the coming days / weeks!

PS Hope your shoulder is OK!

Last edited:
Hiya,

Your achievements so far have been stunning and I am sure you will soon lose the last few lbs and successfully maintain after that.

Well done and welcome to maintenance :D

You have done brilliantly..... dont get disheartened if you put on in the first week, you will lose the last bit of weight, you just need to give it time for your body to stabilise after not having food for so long..... dont let this throw you off plan.... good luck with that last bit of weight xx

Thanks Ladies for your comments and support.

Well I did my own weekly weigh in this morning - as I can't drive to my CDC and I have lost 3 lbs this week so am very pleased with that. Just 10lbs to go to goal now. I was worried that I would have a gain this week - I know it will happen at some point and thought it might be this week but happy that its not! So far I have managed a loss every week since I started - CD has been such a great diet.

You should have seen the look on the childrens faces last night when I sat down to eat with them (I normally have my shake with them but this was "real" food.) My son was horrified and shouted No Mummy don't eat it, then my middle one chipped in with "Its OK Mummys allowed food now". They have been so supportive for the last 6 months - refusing to let me cheat. I am so proud of them. hopefully by the time they are a bit older they will have forgotten Fat Mummy and I won't embarrass them in the playground.

Right time to get them ready for school - a challenge this morning as shoulder is hurting - perhaps I over did it yesterday!

Morning Setas,

Welcome to this bit of the forum! Hope you are enjoyiung the 1000 plan, its a great plan after being on SS for so long.
Well done on your fabulous work so far to get you here.
I'm sure you'll settle in nicely here, everyone is really friendly and supportive.
Hope your shoulder is improving too!

Have another great 1000 week!

x

Morning Setas, hope your shoulder is feeling better. Have a good day xx

HI All,

Shoulder a bit sore today but been overdoing it - still getting more movement by the day so that can't be bad.

Had my first real eating rest this evening - a family meal out at TGI Fridays. I have to say the Beck book is brilliant - the chapter on leaving some food on your plate!! - kept me going the whole way through - I ordered the grilled chicken with mash and veggies (no starter and no pudding) and left 1/2 the mash and one of the chicken breasts (well brought that home to be shredded in a salad for lunch tomorrow).

Normally I would have had all 3 courses and scoffed the lot and helped myself to the children's leftovers as well, and then rolled out of the place feeling stuffed to the gills.

I did comment to hubby on the way home that it felt very strange to walk out not feeling stuffed - but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

Why couldn't I have found CD and Beck 20 years ago !

Well done ! Credit to you for keeping your focus!

x

Flying in and out today - Big craft show for 4 days so thats keeping me busy - too busy. Another lb off this morning -so 8 to go now. so pleased its still dropping - was worried that these last few lbs were going to be my undoing.

Once the show is over I will have a proper read through everyones diaries etc - sorry to be so slack at the moment.

well done on lb off!! as long it keeps going its all good!
have a good weekend!
x

Flying in and out today - Big craft show for 4 days so thats keeping me busy - too busy. Another lb off this morning -so 8 to go now. so pleased its still dropping - was worried that these last few lbs were going to be my undoing.

Once the show is over I will have a proper read through everyones diaries etc - sorry to be so slack at the moment.

Oooh did you do the Ally Pally or was it some other craft show?
Hope you have a good day today xx

Thanks Linda - was the Stitch and Creative Craft at Shepton Mallet - 4 hectic days but done and dusted now. Still being good with food choices but finding it harder and harder not to go mad! Need to get into that Beck book and start doing the exercises in it. Busy 2 days ahead with classes etc then hopefully I'll be able to start to get my head straight. had my first sling-free day today - feels wonderful - a bit burny at times but the whole joint feels so much loser as I've been using it. Can't be bothered to prep for tomorrow now - going to have a soak in the bath , an early night and set the alarm for silly o clock tomorrow morning and do it then.

See you soon ;-)

Morning Setas,

Glad you had a good weekend, well done for the good choices too!
Good luck with getting the Beck out , it'll help!
Have a great day
x

Good morning, hope today is a good one for you xx

Hi Setas,

Just caught up. You've done so well, I hope you are really proud of yourself, what an achievement! You seem to be managing maintenance very well - seems you have a lot to teach me. Hope your shoulder is better soon.

Back