My Izzy isn't well... :(

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
I need cheering up. My cat Izzy has to go to vets today at 3pm :(

I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with her but if she is just constipated then £26.30 is a lot to find that out, but I would rather have peace of mind.

When she goes to the toilet she is bleeding a little, and its been for more then a few days. I put more water down but that hasn't helped.

I don't want anything to be wrong with her but if it is then suppose its worth the trip to the vets, but if its not as I said £26.30 for 5-10mins with the vet, seems a little excessive

Here is photo of her. (Just look at those eyes hey) She is slightly lighter then this in real life..

ctaphotosforFB017.jpg

Cost is irrelevant, to make sure she is ok I would pay the earth, I would sell my TV and all my treasured possessions for my cats, as I treasure them the most (after my hubby of course) . If only there was an NHS for pets hey?

I know when pennies are tight vet fees are worrying but what price do you put on peace of mind??

Hope it's nothing serious :)

As I was told by the vets, Izzy has Cystitis

It not uncommon and is more common in females them males. Its usually treatable with an injection (the vet gave her), some pills (I have to give her) and some liquid (I have to put on her food starting tomorrow..)

If it goes (the bleeding) then comes back again then it could be more serious (but still treatable) but in most cats it goes and does not come back..

Nothing to serious (when Izzy is 100% back to normal I'll feel better too) I'm happy the outcome was't anything worse..

Maybe not so happy about the £61.05 bill from the vets, but then I would pay anything to make my cats well again..

I hope your beautiful Izzy is feeling much better soon, I know the costs are steep, but thats the price we pay isn't it? :) Hope that her getting better is a weight off your mind.

XxX

I have 4 cats so I'm just glad it was only one of them as I could not have afforded more then one other cat to have gone to the vets as well..

After burning a pan (leaving a ring on d'oh) a few extra bills plus the Izzy vets fees, its gona be a tight month, but at least I have food in the cupboards and fridge, enough movies to watch, and my babies (the cats) to keep me company, oh yeah and the hubby when he isn't working lol

Yes the problem seems to have cleared now (fingers crossed it does not come back or it may be more serious then we first thought)

I gave her a bit of tuna each day, cause a) I felt sorry for her b) it saved me from holding her down to giver her, her pills, cause I can put almost anything ontop of tuna and she would eat it :)

Anyway thanks again for all the replies..

I'm glad she's feeling better! :) Is there not a PDSA near you? If your recieving help with rent or council tax you can take her there and they see the pets for free, you can make a donation of course, you may have to pay for some types of medication but it's not as expensive as the vets :)
PDSA - Home Page

I'm glad she's feeling better! :) Is there not a PDSA near you? If your recieving help with rent or council tax you can take her there and they see the pets for free, you can make a donation of course, you may have to pay for some types of medication but it's not as expensive as the vets :)
PDSA - Home Page

Thanks. My husband earns to much (even though I don't think its that much) for us to get any help (or me any sort of benifit what so ever.)

We do have cat insurance if ever needed, but then you have to take into account the excess which is never that low..

Back